Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POSITIVITY 100% SUPPORT

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

Fair comment,

"Always Support The Team"

POSITIVITY...!

Yes, but has anyone said "Don't Support The Team", ever?
    Isn't it just an attempt to have a dig at protesters or boycotters (who all actually support the team - if not the regime)?

People are going to be positive based purely on the evidence in front of them.
    Of course most people are more positive this season than last because of the new signings, and because we are playing good football & winning matches.

But for many people this positivity is tempered by the fact that we have a relatively thin squad, and also by the knowledge that we don't look like being competitive in the transfer market when a top player/striker becomes available. Not being outbid by our promotion rivals in the January window will be key.
    I'd say not Kashing in on our best players is more key.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

Fair comment,

POSITIVITY...!

Isn't it just an attempt to have a dig at protesters or boycotters (who all actually support the team - if not the regime)?

Of course most people are more positive this season than last because of the new signings, and because we are playing good football & winning matches.

But for many people this positivity is tempered by the fact that we have a relatively thin squad, and also by the knowledge that we don't look like being competitive in the transfer market when a top player/striker becomes available. Not being outbid by our promotion rivals in the January window will be key.
    "People are going to be positive based purely on the evidence in front of them."

Just as people protested based purely on evidence in front of them.

Those people who were "positive" when everything was negative and the evidence pointed to no hope of Charlton ever recovering from the assault it suffered, are presumably feeling no different. Positivity is binary, either on or off, you can't have "more" positivity, so unless you were previously negative there is no change of emotion to enjoy when the switch is turned back on, even if it can be switched back off in an instant.
  • Options
    What ever way your switch is turned, Stay Positive..
  • Options
    98% Support.
    2% = Roland and Katrien.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

Fair comment,

POSITIVITY...!

"People are going to be positive based purely on the evidence in front of them."

Those people who were "positive" when everything was negative and the evidence pointed to no hope of Charlton ever recovering from the assault it suffered, are presumably feeling no different. Positivity is binary, either on or off, you can't have "more" positivity, so unless you were previously negative there is no change of emotion to enjoy when the switch is turned back on, even if it can be switched back off in an instant.

Of course.

But positivity is only binary when you're talking about electricity or magnetism. You can feel slightly more positive, or even much more negative about something.

Those people who were "positive" when everything was negative and the evidence pointed to no hope of Charlton ever recovering from the assault it suffered, are presumably feeling no different.

You're probably right there.

Last season my season ticket seats were between two or three protesters, and a couple of anti protesters. It wasn't a surprise that the protesters were proper hardcore knowledgeable fans, and the antis didn't seem to know much about the comings and goings of the club at all. I was surprised how vocal they were in their 'anti-ness' under the circumstances.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

Fair comment,

POSITIVITY...!

Of course.

But positivity is only binary when you're talking about electricity or magnetism. You can feel slightly more positive, or even much more negative about something.

Those people who were "positive" when everything was negative and the evidence pointed to no hope of Charlton ever recovering from the assault it suffered, are presumably feeling no different.

You're probably right there.

Last season my season ticket seats were between two or three protesters, and a couple of anti protesters. It wasn't a surprise that the protesters were proper hardcore knowledgeable fans, and the antis didn't seem to know much about the comings and goings of the club at all. I was surprised how vocal they were in their 'anti-ness' under the circumstances.
    Presumably you just lamped both sides, like in the old cowboy movies ? :wink:
  • Options
    Positivity
  • Options
    I opened this thread in the hope, but not expectation that @cafc_will 's post was not just going to be 'positivity'.

On the less positive side I was wrong.

However, despite this setback, I remain positive about our chances this season and will be out supporting the team soon.

• Options
    It's a Long Season Alwaysneil
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What does positivity look like?
  • Options
    you might not see it. But....

If your planning on attending Saturday I'm sure you'll "feel" it in the Atmosphere which I hope will be even better than the previous Valley Matches This Season..

100% Support...

COYA....

POSITIVITY...

• Options
    Would be a Nice to Return Tuesday Night Being Top of the League...

• Options
    You mean:
    Accentuate the Positive;
    Eliminate the Negative:
    Latch on to the Affirmative:
    Don't mess with Mister In-between?
  • Options
    Took the words right out my mouth..
  • Options
    From Bing Crosby to Meat Loaf. That's positivity!
  • Options
    So is going from watching a team full of shit players, and pigs flying to a Highly Competitive Team playing Attractive Football...
  • Options
    Robinsons RD's Longest Serving Manager
  • Options
    Will?
  • Options
    Great Team Performance against a better stronger side...

Great Positive Atmosphere, Looking Forward to Wigan Tuesday Night Under The Lights..

Stay Positive Fellow Addicks....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A better stronger side?
    Don't think so.
  • Options

A better stronger side?
    Don't think so.

Southend were not one of the better teams we've played this season.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

A better stronger side?
    Don't think so.

Southend were not one of the better teams we've played this season.
    Being positive, I don't think we will play a better team (than us) this season.
    Fingers crossed we don't pick up any serious injuries/suspensions etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So when's the next protest? Are anti Regime songs still being heard?
  • Options

I'm still wearing a badge.
  • Options

No and no
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Most folks think, well I do anyway, that what we're seeing on the pitch this season wouldn't have happened without the protests.
    Ditto, JS.

Something the die hard pro regimers will never acknowledge.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Most folks think, well I do anyway, that what we're seeing on the pitch this season wouldn't have happened without the protests.
    Ditto, JS.

Something the die hard pro regimers will never acknowledge.
    Historians will prevail Fanny.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    The abject continued failure of his Network Project may have had something to do with it!