Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentinian Hunter Trampled And Killed By Elephant In Namibia

Comments

• Options

Sadly this elephant will most likely be killed because of this, if it hasn't been already

If it was in a hunting reserve then it was probably destined to die sooner or later anyway.

I think these places are horrible but all the time people will pay to use them hey will exist.
    We're all destined to die sooner or later anyway, you, me, the elephant and the hunter

I'm gonna risk you posted this as bait - all puns intended.

Our impermanence cannot be denied but to gain pleasure from the shooting to death of any beast, let alone one so magnificent, is abhorrent and probably indicative of significant personality issues.
    Someone further up commiserated with the argentinian's bereaved family but to my mind they're better off without - I for one would dispassionately disown any relative or friend who advocated let alone undertook game hunting. When the species concerned is so critically endangered, specifically by humanity's impact on that environment, these hunters rank equal with the likes of the white supremacist filth in Charlottesville.
    My opinion of these "hunters" was fully formed long before I had the good fortune to see elephants at close quarters in their natural environment. One less rifle-toting blood-thirsty needle-dick scumbag can only be a good thing.
  • Options

Sadly this elephant will most likely be killed because of this, if it hasn't been already

If it was in a hunting reserve then it was probably destined to die sooner or later anyway.

I think these places are horrible but all the time people will pay to use them hey will exist.

Our impermanence cannot be denied but to gain pleasure from the shooting to death of any beast, let alone one so magnificent, is abhorrent and probably indicative of significant personality issues.
    Someone further up commiserated with the argentinian's bereaved family but to my mind they're better off without - I for one would dispassionately disown any relative or friend who advocated let alone undertook game hunting. When the species concerned is so critically endangered, specifically by humanity's impact on that environment, these hunters rank equal with the likes of the white supremacist filth in Charlottesville.
    My opinion of these "hunters" was fully formed long before I had the good fortune to see elephants at close quarters in their natural environment. One less rifle-toting blood-thirsty needle-dick scumbag can only be a good thing.
    OK, I either didn't make myself clear or people haven't read the previous quote to which my comment was a reply.

Kings Hill Addick said

"If it was in a hunting reserve then (the elephant) was probably destined to die sooner or later anyway."

To which I replied that

"We're all destined to die sooner or later anyway, you, me, the elephant and the hunter"

I though the implication that saying an animal (or human) would die eventually didn't justify its slaughter for no reason was clear but it seems not.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

We're all destined to die sooner or later anyway, you, me, the elephant and the hunter

Thank you for your contribution Captain Obvious.

what has abseiling got to do with slippery surfaces ?
    Abseiling? That's Roland dancing!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    If I had to cull an animal, the last thing on my mind is posing for a photo with its motionless body! I'd be in bits..........
  • Options
    Is there a line with trophy hunting? I put coarse fishing in the mix.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Why, we don't kill the fish, we put them back.
  • Options
    Glad the guy's dead, hope it hurt. Wish it had happened to the tosser who owns the Arse.
  • Options
    A painful and slow death one would hope. Now where's the bastard that shot the lion???
  • Options
    Job done.

Just sent a leaflet off to RD from the Umbongo Safari Park and Game Reserve in Untopoland.

"50% off if you pretend to be Argentinian"
  • Options

OK, I either didn't make myself clear or people haven't read the previous quote to which my comment was a reply.

Kings Hill Addick said

"If it was in a hunting reserve then (the elephant) was probably destined to die sooner or later anyway."

To which I replied that

"We're all destined to die sooner or later anyway, you, me, the elephant and the hunter"

I though the implication that saying an animal (or human) would die eventually didn't justify its slaughter for no reason was clear but it seems not.
    That's because he was saying they were bred to be hunted so maybe he should have said sooner rather than later.

I don't think he was justifying the hunting.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Kings Hill Addick said

To which I replied that

That's because he was saying they were bred to be hunted so maybe he should have said sooner rather than later.

I didn't think he was either but that they will die or where even bred to die doesn't justify them being killed IMO just as the fact we all die justifies killing another human being.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Why, we don't kill the fish, we put them back.
    Not before taking a photo of the 'trophy'. They may not die, but they ensure a whole heap of pain.

I'm not saying its the same, I'm just saying its similar in some ways.
  • Options
    Will this be on the Arsenal owner's Hunting Channel?
  • Options
    And this one is one of us.

• Options
    No sympathy from me fuck him.
    If only this could happen more often
  • Options
    Would have liked to have seen this hunter chase down this lion
  • Options

Careful mate I've just been flagged for saying something similar
  • Options

If the lion had caught him he could have eaten well for months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

And this one is one of us.

We've got one in our garden, they're fairly brave little things. He always pops up when I'm digging the garden and I have to be careful when putting the spade down as he gets quite close. Our ducks also love it when I'm weeding etc and push me out of the way to get to he bugs etc I dig up.
  • Options
    Shame that American dentist wasn't stood with him when it happened.
  • Options

Kings Hill Addick said

To which I replied that

I didn't think he was either but that they will die or where even bred to die doesn't justify them being killed IMO just as the fact we all die justifies killing another human being.
    Ok, just for clarification. I was making the point that the price the elephant paid for killing the hunter - which was suggested to be being put down, was less of a punishment as that was what he was destined for.

So, in actual fact, the elephant wasn't really punished for killing the hunter as those that put it to sleep bred it for that very purpose.

I most certainly wasn't justifying or condoning these places. They are disgusting, almost as disgusting as the people that use them to hunt.
  • Options
    But a little bit of good news over here...sad that it's been legal for so long though

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/plan-to-end-grizzly-trophy-hunting-in-bc-announced-1.4247060
  • Options
    Fat Fuck...
  • Options

Fat Fuck...

bit harsh, soundas was only giving his opinion!
    I was waiting for that! haha Clarification..not aimed at you @SoundAsa£ :wink:
  • Options

Fat Fuck...

bit harsh, soundas was only giving his opinion!
    I was waiting for that! haha Clarification..not aimed at you @SoundAsa£ :wink:
    That makes a change!