Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentinian Hunter Trampled And Killed By Elephant In Namibia

13»

Comments

• Options
    Also the fact that his shot definitely didn't kill the lion. Infact it likely went nowhere near. The 'professional Hunter' and his team of locals would have fired alongside him and don't the killing. This man has paid a lot of money to pretend to kill a lion while someone else does it for him then pose for a photo and claim the credit.
  • Options

Also the fact that his shot definitely didn't kill the lion. Infact it likely went nowhere near. The 'professional Hunter' and his team of locals would have fired alongside him and don't the killing. This man has paid a lot of money to pretend to kill a lion while someone else does it for him then pose for a photo and claim the credit.

Not that it's really relevant. As long as scumbag's like him are willing to pay then wild animals like that beautiful beast will die.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I can't look at that photo without my blood starting to boil. Saw another one on my twitter feed earlier with a guy holding up an endangered wolf after a hunt.

Brings out the absolute Neanderthal in me and would like nothing more than to see our fat fuck of a friend up there be beaten the shit out of

Sorry, just can't hold back when it comes to this

I hear you. I'd give that fat knacker a lion costume and a 20 minutes headstart before I load "old Betsy" and look for the tubby prints in the ground
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

cabbles said:

I can't look at that photo without my blood starting to boil. Saw another one on my twitter feed earlier with a guy holding up an endangered wolf after a hunt.

Brings out the absolute Neanderthal in me and would like nothing more than to see our fat fuck of a friend up there be beaten the shit out of

I hear you. I'd give that fat knacker a lion costume and a 20 minutes headstart before I load "old Betsy" and look for the tubby prints in the ground
    Just head for the nearest fast food outlet, you'll soon catch up with him.
  • Options

Sadly this elephant will most likely be killed because of this, if it hasn't been already

It would have to be a bloody big electric chair or noose!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Thats a lot of shit.
  • Options
    It is said that these "hunters" pay a hefty price to hunt these animals which keeps the locals in work and food, and away from poaching.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Solidgone said:

It is said that these "hunters" pay a hefty price to hunt these animals which keeps the locals in work and food, and away from poaching.

Which is bollox.
    Far better to pay the locals to preserve the wildlife and promote tourism
    Yep it's a bullshit argument. Using the same start-up capital they could have built a game/nature reserve which allows the animals to live in what is relatively close to their natural habitat and could run sight seeing safaris. The tourists take photos and see the animals and scenery as they should be seen.

Places like these have been making more money than hunting reserves over the last 10 years.
  • Options
    i expect many of you have seen this tweet elsewhere, but just in case...

• Options
    I'm so glad I'm not on Twitter Facebook any of that social media.
    Trouble is what happens is someone will say did you see the tweet by Katie Hopkins and I go and look at the tweet.
  • Options

No Sympathy with Trophy killers, people to hunt to eat is a whole different thing but people who kill animals for fun are utter wrongings.

what about the culling of animals?
    The culling of animals generally needs to be done because we've screwed up the local ecosystem. For example, the Norwegians killed a lot of their wolves so the deer population exploded, the wolves being the deers' only natural predator. Then they had to cull the deers. If they'd left the wolves alone they wouldn't have had a deer problem.
  • Options

Get ready for the Ricky Gervais Twitter jizz fest over this.

Just who does he think he is, caring so much about animals... what a cunt
  • Options
    Replace the animals they are hunting with nonces dressed in animal costumes and then let them hunt the nonce win win
  • Options

No Sympathy with Trophy killers, people to hunt to eat is a whole different thing but people who kill animals for fun are utter wrongings.

The culling of animals generally needs to be done because we've screwed up the local ecosystem. For example, the Norwegians killed a lot of their wolves so the deer population exploded, the wolves being the deers' only natural predator. Then they had to cull the deers. If they'd left the wolves alone they wouldn't have had a deer problem.

Similar to the experience in Yellowstone Park where wolves were reintroduced a few years back, as a natural culling process to the increasing numbers of Bison/buffalo in the first national park.

Talking about Bison, it is estimated that there were 30plus million bison on the American Plains in 1800. By 1889, a formal census showed that there were just 391 left! Today the numbers are about 50k, some 15k of those in Yellowstone and Custer State Park, South Dakota. The others are wild, in North Western states such as North and South Dakota. A few years back Bison were re-introduced to Indiana.
  • Options

I think you are right about humans and ecosystems, but I wonder if your example is correct. I did a bit of googling because I was interested in what you said, but it seems that there are less that 70 wolves in all of Norway. Could they really do that much damage to a population of 30,000 reindeer. Though they do kill 1500 to 2000 head of livestock in a year. As recently as last September there were plans to 'cull' (I hate that word) a further 47 wolves. Would they really do that if they were getting over-run by deer? I'd be interested if you are anyone else has more information on this. As I say, all I know is what I just googled.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/16/norway-wolf-cull-government-wwf-friends-earth-environment-protest

https://www.economist.com/news/europe/21722470-two-wild-species-battle-sheep-farmers-and-prions-norways-wolves-are-being-hunted-its-reindeer-are
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Similar to the experience in Yellowstone Park where wolves were reintroduced a few years back, as a natural culling process to the increasing numbers of Bison/buffalo in the first national park.

Talking about Bison, it is estimated that there were 30plus million bison on the American Plains in 1800. By 1889, a formal census showed that there were just 391 left! Today the numbers are about 50k, some 15k of those in Yellowstone and Custer State Park, South Dakota. The others are wild, in North Western states such as North and South Dakota. A few years back Bison were re-introduced to Indiana.
    As a result there's a lot more beaver in Yellowstone.

https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/wolf-reintroduction-changes-ecosystem
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think you are right about humans and ecosystems, but I wonder if your example is correct. I did a bit of googling because I was interested in what you said, but it seems that there are less that 70 wolves in all of Norway. Could they really do that much damage to a population of 30,000 reindeer. Though they do kill 1500 to 2000 head of livestock in a year. As recently as last September there were plans to 'cull' (I hate that word) a further 47 wolves. Would they really do that if they were getting over-run by deer? I'd be interested if you are anyone else has more information on this. As I say, all I know is what I just googled.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/16/norway-wolf-cull-government-wwf-friends-earth-environment-protest

https://www.economist.com/news/europe/21722470-two-wild-species-battle-sheep-farmers-and-prions-norways-wolves-are-being-hunted-its-reindeer-are
    I knew nothing about this til I read it here, but I would observe that the Norwegians of course kill whales. I will ask my buddy who lives there, he's Swedish and grabs any opportunity to slag them off.