Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• Options

ross1 said:

197-3, target 322

I reckon the Windies will go for it,this will cause a mini collapse and we will finish them off with the new ball

They don't need to "go for it". Play as have been at 3 runs an over and job done.
    3 an over isn't hard. There have been plenty of nicks to the boundary, you can imagine the new ball inducing a few more
  • Options
    Ali with his best Leuth impression there
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Graeme swann is about as entertaining as a bloody stool

Swann can be really interesting when he talks technically about cricket, but someone needs to tell him to reign in a bit his "chat and prattle DJ" routine
  • Options
    Still wouldn't like to call this 1. A top side would knock these off easily, but I can see the Windies having a wobble. Great test match!
  • Options
    Windies will win this comfortably now I think.
  • Options
    219-3, 103 to win
  • Options
    Garbage from England. Going to get thrashed in Australia.
  • Options
    That review was just as bad as Bishoo's one against Ali yesterday
  • Options
    Christ, is this the start of a total West Indies special :/
  • Options
    I hope the Windies do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hope the Windies do it.

Why?
  • Options
    It'll make a mate of mine happy. I want West Indian cricket to become a serious test playing team again. It'll make the last test an interesting one. This England team need a kick up the ass before the ashes.
  • Options

It'll make a mate of mine happy. I want West Indian cricket to become a serious test playing team again. It'll make the last test an interesting one. This England team need a kick up the ass before the ashes.

It'll be good for cricket, and especially the survival of Test cricket.
  • Options
    New ball. Do or die time.
  • Options

Fair point.
    Personally when watching England be it cricket football rugby or anything else I allways want England to win.
  • Options
    Cook ffs
  • Options
    How did he drop that?
  • Options

Fair point.
    Personally when watching England be it cricket football rugby or anything else I allways want England to win.
    I can't get too tribal about a series like this one. If they can hold it together until the end good luck to them.
  • Options

Fair point.
    I can't get too tribal about a series like this one. If they can hold it together until the end good luck to them.
    It looks like they are going to so yes fair play to them.
    Sets it up nicely for the next test
  • Options
    It's a good job I'm not a gambler otherwise I would have lost a fortune on this test.
    To score over 300 on the final day of a test to actually win it speaks volumes for the Windies.
    I salute you and good luck in the future cricket needs a good Windies side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incredible from the WI batsmen, wasn't a bad declaration at all. A slightly less spectacular reprise of Butcher's knock against Australia in 2001
  • Options
    Pleased for West Indies. Cracking test match and good for red ball cricket. Lords test now looks a lot more interesting than it did a week ago.
  • Options
    I think most people applauded the declaration, in a series like this one it was the right decision for cricket

• Options
    All credit to W.I., it wasn't as though England bowled badly. Two very good knocks from Hope &Braithwaite gave them a very deserved win.
  • Options
    terrific win for the West Indies .. we could certainly do with Brathwaite and Hope in our batting line up ..
    I am pleased that the WI are making a bit of a come back, it's good for the future of test cricket .. however, I all too well remember the thrashings handed out to us in the 70s and 80s .. let's get them to Lords and see how real is this apparent phoenix rise from the errrrrrrr ashes (you know what I mean)
  • Options

ross1 said:

197-3, target 322

I reckon the Windies will go for it,this will cause a mini collapse and we will finish them off with the new ball

They don't need to "go for it". Play as have been at 3 runs an over and job done.
    You really ain't that confident are you
    proved right yet again and they did it at a canter.

what I don't like is all the posters who thought that we would win inside 3 days again & that the windies wouldn't get more than 100 in both innings. Too many Billy Bigbollox on here. Just take a look at yourselves next time.
  • Options

ross1 said:

197-3, target 322

You really ain't that confident are you
    proved right yet again and they did it at a canter.

what I don't like is all the posters who thought that we would win inside 3 days again & that the windies wouldn't get more than 100 in both innings. Too many Billy Bigbollox on here. Just take a look at yourselves next time.
    I hope your not referring to me.
    I just thought that chasing over 300 on the final day of a test was beyond the Windies.
    History shows it's beyond most teams tbf.
    As I said in an earlier post well played and thoroughly deserved
  • Options
    Any team that chases 300 plus in the fourth innings at Headingley deserves it.

Yes we put some chances down in this match but Hope S and Brathwaite K in particular stuck to their task well and one has to say the Windies deserved it.

We will hopefully give them full respect in the final test of this series and make sure we win it.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Moen Ali was cock a hoop yesterday. Asked if he was probably going to get a big share of the work load he said he was relishing it and hoped to mop WI up in two sessions!
    The increasingly annoying Graeme Swann agreed.
    But when the pressure was on with his bowling Moen appears to have frozen somewhat,which does concern me.
    To be fair, Boycott did say on numerous occasions that it just doesn't spin at Headingly, only to be shouted down by rent-a-gob Swann!!