Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• Options
    Anderson gets K Hope caught behind for a duck.

22-2.

499 Test wickets for Jimmy.
  • Options
    Sangakkara, speaking in a second language, just sounds so intelligent and insightful.

McCullum and Sanga are the two best people in cricket to listen to when they talk about the game.
  • Options

Sangakkara, speaking in a second language, just sounds so intelligent and insightful.

McCullum and Sanga are the two best people in cricket to listen to when they talk about the game.

Sangakkara might be my favourite cricketer his generation. Oozes class. Mind you watched Mahela Jayawardena's masterclass on sky last night, talking about playing spin with Shane Warne. As well as the West Indies, I really want Sri Lanka to establish themselves as a great test team
  • Options
    4 down now, wickets for Stokes & RTJ. Hope (S) & Powell out & 2 new batsmen in.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    TRJ got his second and Englands 5th not too long ago. WI currently 89-5. TRJ keeping it very interesting for the Ashes that's for sure.
  • Options
    Blackwood's shot to get out, in the circumstances, was as bad a shot in a Test match innings by a so called batsman as you are likely to see.
  • Options
    101-7, back to Edgbaston
  • Options
    7 down and 2 new batsmen in.
    Come on Jimmy
  • Options

Blackwood's shot to get out, in the circumstances, was as bad a shot in a Test match innings by a so called batsman as you are likely to see.

Whereas Chase's dismissal was as a result of as good a ball from Stokes as you are likely to see.

Funny game is cricket.
  • Options

Come on Jimmy

Thing is, why would you take off the bowlers who are taking the wickets? ie TRJ and Stokes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    The best thing to do in a 5 day Test is to bowl your successful bowlers for 15 over spells so they are so knackered they become ineffective.
    As far as I can see Stokes is still bowling. 3-11 of nine and 7 of those runs were off his first over.
  • Options
    Stokes is bowling superbly 119-8, Jimmy still waiting for his 500th, as Stokes is getting the wickets!
  • Options
    Excellent toss to lose.
  • Options
    These are the optimum conditions for our bowlers. Anderson and Stokes are unplayable at the moment.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The best thing to do in a 5 day Test is to bowl your successful bowlers for 15 over spells so they are so knackered they become ineffective.
    As far as I can see Stokes is still bowling. 3-11 of nine and 7 of those runs were off his first over.

5-22 off 14.2 now
  • Options
    It'll be interesting how the Windies bowl this evening
  • Options
    Anderson should have done the sensible thing and dropped that one. He'd still have a couple in hand of Cook.
  • Options

Riviera said:

5-22 off 14.2 now
    Make that 6-22 off 14.3
  • Options

Come on Jimmy

Thing is, why would you take off the bowlers who are taking the wickets? ie TRJ and Stokes
    Good call Mr.president: )
  • Options

Riviera said:

5-22 off 14.2 now
    Make that 6-22 off 14.3
    Sensational stuff by Stokes, you don't think of him as such a big swinger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Massive test for Stoneman and Westley now
  • Options

Massive test for Stoneman and Westley now

Stoneman out.
  • Options
    Even though I am a Surrey and Stoneman fan I've got to admit if he cannot handle West Indian bowlers in English conditions I doubt that he will do any better against the Aussies down under.
    A huge problem for the selectors with a couple of places in the top order.
  • Options
    11 wickets in the day & there's still 26 overs left today. 1st ever Test match at Lords in September & good job there is rain tomorrow otherwise the game could be all over before sunday.

Don't you just love cricket in England in the autumn.
  • Options
    Come on Tom!
  • Options

Even though I am a Surrey and Stoneman fan I've got to admit if he cannot handle West Indian bowlers in English conditions I doubt that he will do any better against the Aussies down under.

Conditions in Australia will be very different though, the ball won't swing like it has today
  • Options

11 wickets in the day & there's still 26 overs left today. 1st ever Test match at Lords in September & good job there is rain tomorrow otherwise the game could be all over before sunday.

It's not the first ever Test at Lords in September, it's the first to start in September. The 1980 Centenary Test started in August but finished in September. I know, because I was there.
  • Options

Conditions in Australia will be very different though, the ball won't swing like it has today
    I agree but I think Stoneman needs a big score 2nd innings to have a chance of going.

Not that I have a clue who would be selected if he isn't
  • Options
    Riviera said:

It's not the first ever Test at Lords in September, it's the first to start in September. The 1980 Centenary Test started in August but finished in September. I know, because I was there.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/17051/scorecard/63271/England-vs-Australia-Only-Test

Boycott 128no as England draw the match!
  • Options
    19-3, Westley lbw, a marginal decision