Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• #byebyeblowers

I know i'm going to be slated for this, but , about time too - his upper class accent is symptomatic of the perceived way of English cricket - he talks bollox about pigeons and buses - thank feck he's gone.
  • Blowers last few words got me welling up.
    A voice that's been with so many for such a long time.

Farewell Henry.
  • I was born in September 1974 a few months after Blowers first commentary on a test, TMS has always had his colourful opinions and it will be a poorer place without him.
  • I liked Blowers but he went on 10 years too long. His eyesight is just not up to it. In this Test we had "He's out! LBW!" Whisper from Vaughn "He was bowled". There have been far too many of those in recent years. TMS is extremely poor these days but even though Blowers is past it his leaving will make it worse. We'll have more from Dagnell and Norcross who are simply awful commentators, thank goodness for Simon Mann and Ed Smith. CMJ, I miss you so much.
  • Riviera said:

I liked Blowers but he went on 10 years too long. His eyesight is just not up to it. In this Test we had "He's out! LBW!" Whisper from Vaughn "He was bowled". There have been far too many of those in recent years. TMS is extremely poor these days but even though Blowers is past it his leaving will make it worse. We'll have more from Dagnell and Norcross who are simply awful commentators, thank goodness for Simon Mann and Ed Smith. CMJ, I miss you so much.

I do like Vic Marks, plus the total ribbing of Boycott makes it very enjoyable.
  • Great send off for Blowers, really enjoyed the crowds standing ovation.
  • At the oval I had one of those earpieces that let you listen to the sky or TMS commentary... I switched between the two, but preferred the sky one
  • cfgs said:

Riviera said:

I liked Blowers but he went on 10 years too long. His eyesight is just not up to it. In this Test we had "He's out! LBW!" Whisper from Vaughn "He was bowled". There have been far too many of those in recent years. TMS is extremely poor these days but even though Blowers is past it his leaving will make it worse. We'll have more from Dagnell and Norcross who are simply awful commentators, thank goodness for Simon Mann and Ed Smith. CMJ, I miss you so much.

I do like Vic Marks, plus the total ribbing of Boycott makes it very enjoyable.
    Marks is excellent and the only remaining one from the good days, but he is a summariser and the situation with that department is not as bad apart from Swann and the BBC box ticking.
  • Thought Mohammed Fazeer was excellent.
  • #byebyeblowers

I know i'm going to be slated for this, but , about time too - his upper class accent is symptomatic of the perceived way of English cricket - he talks bollox about pigeons and buses - thank feck he's gone.
    Heaven forbid some ones not a carbon copy, geezer from a "workin' class" background from some are where they have a slightly unusual dialect and that isn't their total personality.

Such a snob.
  • Sponsored links:

• #byebyeblowers

Heaven forbid some ones not a carbon copy, geezer from a "workin' class" background from some are where they have a slightly unusual dialect and that isn't their total personality.

Such a snob.
    Sauce?
  • Riviera said:

Yes, as a main commentator, he struggles to do the basics now, so it's right that he goes, even if things won't be the same without him

I like Ed Smith, Dagnall and Norcross to me seem more suited to the white ball stuff
  • Leuth said:

From this situation I'd expect England to win about nine in ten. I think those are pretty good odds. No nightmares until Hope's tonned up

glad you were right.
  • https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/469817

Jimmy now tops the bowling rankings, with his highest ever score of 896. He just gets better and better!
  • https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/469817

Jimmy now tops the bowling rankings, with his highest ever score of 896. He just gets better and better!

No shit sherlock , as Blowers might have said. I find it amusing that Jadeja was top , and that Ashwin was also up there, i'm surprised they havnt found some other mediocre Indian 'pace' bowler to be up there ahead of Anderson - its not sponsored by MRF Tyres for nothing !
  • To be fair it is done to published criteria. Not as if they just announce the rankings.
  • T20 match tonight in Durham. 11 degrees
  • lol
    WI 39-0 off 4 , but here comes Jordan !
  • Jesus H wept. Jordan just got pumped all over the park.
  • And Jordan goes for 15 off first over - i'll say no more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curran getting pumped all over the park too.
  • Curran 6-4-6 so far.
  • Come back from Gillingham and put the cricket on.
    My day just keeps getting worse
  • Woohoo a dot ball.
  • Glad to see the back of that prick Samuels.
  • Plunkett 3-27 off his 4 overs. Windies scoring slowed down
  • Good 4 overs from Liam Plunkett - 3 wickets for 27
  • Jordans 2nd over cost.....11
  • Windies wickets falling like dominoes at the moment.
  • And Rashid gets 3-25 off his 4 - well bowled