Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• Options
    Notice that Shai Hope is keeping wicket - multi talented !
  • Options
    Jimmy as commentator ? - Stick to your bowling lad !
  • Options
    When you look at the Englnad batting line-p, its quite an explosive top 7, with Hales,Bairstow,Root,Morgs,Stokes,Buttler and Ali - no slouches amongst them, plus a couple of players who can also hang in there too in Root and Bairstow.
  • Options
    Is it just me and Lincs watching this?
  • Options
    I'm listening to TMS. All very comfortable for England, Bairstow cementing his place in the ODI team
  • Options
    Keeping half an eye on cricinfo. We have a very good team, maybe lacking a ruthless finisher in the Donhi or AB mould, but enough depth in batting to mitigate
  • Options
    Easy win for England - great innings by Jonny Bairstow 100no
  • Options

Easy win for England - great innings by Jonny Bairstow 100no

Jason Roy won't be back for a while (barring injury). Unless it's to replace Morgan, who's looking like the weak link at the moment
  • Options
    Morgan is a good captain, shame he's inconsistent
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    McBobbin said:

Is he really a good captain? I don't think he respects the job. He hardly plays any cricket these days. And as for our national anthem...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

McBobbin said:

Is he really a good captain? I don't think he respects the job. He hardly plays any cricket these days. And as for our national anthem...
    I think Morgans experience has really helped blood the quality young players in the shorter formats.

These players are developing well now and I don't doubt he will miss out when they think Root/Buttler are ready for the captaincy.

I think he's safe for at least another year.
  • Options
    I think Bayliss and Farbrace have improved England's WBG not Morgan. They are known as an expert team in the shorter format, good job because they know eff-all about Test cricket!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I think Bayliss and Farbrace have improved England's WBG not Morgan. They are known as an expert team in the shorter format, good job because they know eff-all about Test cricket!

Yeah they came in about the time Morgan was promoted, and saw the end of the Downton and Moore's reign of terror. And we have got some good players come along like buttler and hales as well... But the uptick in England's fortunes must have something to do with Morgan as well.

• Options
    Morgan just isn't scoring enough runs though, and doesn't play enough either, are T20 matches in various leagues enough practice for playing 50 over ODI matches?

• Options

Morgan just isn't scoring enough runs though, and doesn't play enough either, are T20 matches in various leagues enough practice for playing 50 over ODI matches?

The bloke has 3 ODI tons in 2017. Captaining seems good, I can't see why he would/should be dropped.
  • Options
    WI win toss and put England in in 2nd ODI at Notts.
    Eng 21-0 off 2 before rain came.
  • Options
    And abandoned...
  • Options
    bl00dy hell that was quick. Surely not.
  • Options
    I repeat .. early autumn is NOT the time to be playing international cricket
  • Options

Agreed. Even more ridiculous that so far the matches have been in Durham, Manchester and Nottingham. There's been enough rain in the South of England at the moment, let alone further North!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agreed. Even more ridiculous that so far the matches have been in Durham, Manchester and Nottingham. There's been enough rain in the South of England at the moment, let alone further North!
    Don't start this again ! :neutral:
  • Options
    Another beautiful day in Luxembourg - 18 degs.
  • Options

Thing is I am right and no amount of bluster from you will alter that fact ((:>)

My sympathies to the poor paying public who sat around in the wet and cold hoping to see some kind of game .. next season folks, don't bother ..
    if no-one turns up for 'winter cricket' it will force the money grabbing admin thieves to reconsider the schedules
  • Options
    I am surprised sky haven't done indoor cricket in the winter yet, 6 aside, ten over innings.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I am surprised sky haven't done indoor cricket in the winter yet, 6 aside, ten over innings.

don't give them ideas (was it not done a few years back) .. anyway with competition from all the other 'real' winter sports, would there be an audience ? .. and would the stars of world cricket turn up to play .. I think not ((:>)
  • Options
    Hey a lot of thought sent into planning this... oh sorry swap "thought" for greed.
  • Options

Thing is I am right and no amount of bluster from you will alter that fact ((:>)

My sympathies to the poor paying public who sat around in the wet and cold hoping to see some kind of game .. next season folks, don't bother ..
    if no-one turns up for 'winter cricket' it will force the money grabbing admin thieves to reconsider the schedules
    'Bluster' ....how dare you.:)
    How can *facts* from the link provided which shows that in virtually every category, September has a very similar record , weather wise, to June, can that be called 'Bluster' ???
    Cricket matches are called off in every month of the year, and to suggest that September is the worst is (probably) highly incorrect.
    So many times in the past decade have i sat in the garden in Sept on a beautiful day thinking, bloody hell, why has the cricket season finished? - i-d rather have cricket carry on in September than the stupid weather we generally encounter in April/May.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Came up to Nottingham earlier in the week.

Wednesday - lovely weather
    Thursday - rain all day
    Friday - lovely weather

Hotel - 1970s decor

Flirtz Lap dancing club had some interesting ladies in there.
  • Options

Think I must have missed whatever debate you had first time round, but are you genuinely saying that scheduling cricket matches in September in the North of England is fine, nothing to see here etc?

Utter madness