Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• Options
    iamdan said:

Came up to Nottingham earlier in the week.

Wednesday - lovely weather
    Thursday - rain all day
    Friday - lovely weather

Hotel - 1970s decor

Flirtz Lap dancing club had some interesting ladies in there.

1) Hooters?
    2) 'ladies' ?
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I repeat .. early autumn is NOT the time to be playing international cricket

Agreed. Even more ridiculous that so far the matches have been in Durham, Manchester and Nottingham. There's been enough rain in the South of England at the moment, let alone further North!
    Don't start this again ! :neutral:
    Think I must have missed whatever debate you had first time round, but are you genuinely saying that scheduling cricket matches in September in the North of England is fine, nothing to see here etc?

Utter madness
    I am saying that ....

1) As the history proves (see link above), September has, in virtually every category, the same weather conditions as May or June.
    2) There are *probably* a similar number of matches called off due to weather in May/June as September. Maybe someone could do some stats,- i'll have a look over the weekend.And there is no difference to having international games in the north, or anywhere, in September than in April/May.
    3) I have often had beautiful weather in September after the Cricket season has finished in the past- and honestly think we have better weather in September than April/May.
    4) I have no problems whatsoever in International tournos being played in September.

TBH I cant see what the 'utter madness' is about.
  • Options
    I'm with The President , weather in September is at least the same if not better than May and deffo better than April .
    It's just this year the weather not been too good

too many matches is another debate altogether and that surely is SKY influencing schedules
  • Options

I'm with The President , weather in September is at least the same if not better than May and deffo better than April .

too many matches is another debate altogether and that surely is SKY influencing schedules

I'm pretty sure Sky have no influence over the scheduling of International matches.
  • Options

Its an interesting question about Sky dictating schedules - I wonder? Maybe its the ECB selling x matches a season ?
  • Options
    Beautiful September day here in Lux - 20 degs , had lunch out on the Terrasse, and prediction is the same for all of next week.
  • Options

Beautiful September day here in Lux - 20 degs , had lunch out on the Terrasse, and prediction is the same for all of next week.

Exactly the same as here in sunny Kent. Had a nice cold drink on The Wharf's sunny terrace.
  • Options
    Surely this was just due to the Champions Trophy delaying our International season
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Surely this was just due to the Champions Trophy delaying our International season

Youre prob right - a bit like the footy season adjusted coz of the World Cup.
  • Options

Its an interesting question about Sky dictating schedules - I wonder? Maybe its the ECB selling x matches a season ?
    When you consider the number of games that were played 20 years ago - would have typically been 5 tests, 5 ODIS....the number being played now is huge, lets guess, 4 tests v SA, 3 v Wi, prob 4 T20's in total? and 8 ODI's ? - that's a total of 19, AND we had the Champions Trophy too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When you consider the number of games that were played 20 years ago - would have typically been 5 tests, 5 ODIS....the number being played now is huge, lets guess, 4 tests v SA, 3 v Wi, prob 4 T20's in total? and 8 ODI's ? - that's a total of 19, AND we had the Champions Trophy too.
    ECB just trying to make more money. Stupid idea to have TWO touring nations over here this summer with both playing a Test series & ODI's. Should just be one nation per summer, playing a Test series, ODI's & T20's.
  • Options

ECB just trying to make more money. Stupid idea to have TWO touring nations over here this summer with both playing a Test series & ODI's. Should just be one nation per summer, playing a Test series, ODI's & T20's.
    We've been having dual tourists for years, way back in the early 70's, it's nothing new.
  • Options
    Going to The Oval on Wednesday, should be a good day!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I'm pretty sure Sky have no influence over the scheduling of International matches.
    I'd like to think you're right and most probably you are, but it wouldn't surprise me that somewhere along the line they will be seeking to have some input regarding this problem.
    Or should I say if they haven't up until now, I wouldn't mind betting they will have something to say re future fixture arrangements, especially if any of the three remaining games are similarly affected......which as things stand seems quite likely!
  • Options
    When they sign the contract with sky it would state they have to stage a minimum of X amount of home tests and ODI's per year. They then have to shoehorn those in around the Champioms Trophy. Sky not going to pay the big bucks for the ECB to then announce just 5 tests this year.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

When they sign the contract with sky it would state they have to stage a minimum of X amount of home tests and ODI's per year. They then have to shoehorn those in around the Champioms Trophy. Sky not going to pay the big bucks for the ECB to then announce just 5 tests this year.

The international fixture list is set by the ICC not the ECB.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

MrOneLung said:

The international fixture list is set by the ICC not the ECB.
    But isnt the individual number of games etc sorted out by the 2 nations boards Riv?
  • Options
    Getting back to the weather...
    Bristol is set fair tomorrow for the day (20 per cent chance of rain in evening) according to weather.co.uk with high of 20
    London is set fair all week for The Oval game ...20 degs
    Southampton is also due good weather all week for the Rose Bowl - 18 degs.

Sounds like 'utter madness' weather to me !
  • Options
    Windies win toss again and bowl.
    England 28-1 off 6 Bairstow out.
  • Options
    What? England have just brought up the 50. Are you on a slow connection? :P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    48-1 off 8
  • Options
    Leuth said:

What? England have just brought up the 50. Are you on a slow connection? :P

Hmmm, clearly a delay Leuth, they have just got to 50 to me in Luxembourg
  • Options
    I'm using cricfree.sc
  • Options
    JOe Root has this wonderful habit of being seemingly innoucuous at the crease and then you look at the scoreboard and he's 18 off 12 balls.
  • Options
    74-3 Morgs first ball duck.
    Q the Morgan 'lovers'
  • Options

Q the Morgan 'lovers'

They just read out Morgans last 10 inernational innings scores and it went something like..

• Options

Q the Morgan 'lovers'

They just read out Morgans last 10 inernational innings scores and it went something like..

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer I gave after the previous match :smile:
  • Options
    132-3 off 20.
    Root 50 no off 41 balls.
  • Options

Q the Morgan 'lovers'

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer I gave after the previous match :smile:
    Thats an awful trot, didnt realise it was that bad.
  • Options

Q the Morgan 'lovers'

Thats an awful trot, didnt realise it was that bad.
    Not playing red ball cricket, I'm not sure how Morgan can get some time in the middle during the summer when Middlesex aren't playing. Their last T20 match was on the 18th August