Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Northampton | Sat 19 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Charlton win all day long. We are going to make the Valley a 'fortress' this year.
  • Options
    Luke Coddington: Huddersfield Town goalkeeper joins Northampton Town
  • Options
    Sage said:

Been down to the training ground this morning and briefly walked passed the first team train. Page and Reeves were training on their own with coaches whilst the rest of the first team were taking part in a small sided game.

That's not to say Reeves won't be in the squad, as I know he is doing a lot of pre season type work, but I did find it a little strange he wasn't taking part with the whole group considering they would've been working on patterns of play and shape.

Hanlan was also doing running drills on the side by the U23 training, so hopefully he is back soon.

Not sure how I feel about tomorrow, but hoping for a win.

3-1

KR said Reeves will be sub tomorrow and start on Tuesday
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Luke Coddington: Huddersfield Town goalkeeper joins Northampton Town

so many young keepers have changed clubs this close season .. probably most for experience/game time .. clubs used to keep their keepers for season after season .. no longer though
  • Options
    3-0 Magennis hat trick.
  • Options
    scidbox said:

13 -1 easy. COYA.

We concede 1 in after scoring 13 then KR should be sacked!!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Sage said:

Been down to the training ground this morning and briefly walked passed the first team train. Page and Reeves were training on their own with coaches whilst the rest of the first team were taking part in a small sided game.

That's not to say Reeves won't be in the squad, as I know he is doing a lot of pre season type work, but I did find it a little strange he wasn't taking part with the whole group considering they would've been working on patterns of play and shape.

Hanlan was also doing running drills on the side by the U23 training, so hopefully he is back soon.

Not sure how I feel about tomorrow, but hoping for a win.

3-1

KR said Reeves will be sub tomorrow and start on Tuesday
    I know he did, but what I found odd was that he was not part of the first team group, when players such as Jackson, Aribo and Crofts (who is suspended) all were part of it but Reeves was training and stretching on his own and with Page.

As I said, I am not saying he is not going to be on the bench, but I would have thought a day before we play, he would have been part of what Robinson was doing with the group, instead he wasn't.
  • Options
    Gonna miss this one due to the Herne Bay airshow... But hoping for a win 2-1. Magennis and Holmes.
  • Options
    scidbox said:

13 -1 easy. COYA.

14-13, we're gonna win 14-13, 14-13!!!!!! What a song it would be from Northampton
  • Options
    3-0 Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goal bonanza.
    4-3
  • Options
    I think Northampton will finally start their season off at the Valley. 1-0 to the cobblers.
  • Options
    0 - 1 Cobblers and a very slow despondent trudge back up to the car regretting not staying home to watch the btcc highlights on the telly
  • Options
    Early goal and it could be comfortable, 0-0 at half time and we might be pleased with a point!
  • Options
    Said it on the transfer thread, potentially an excellent signing at this level.
  • Options
    Charlton to win 3.1 and as the news of palarce and millwank defeats reach the covered end
    Roland finally gets his wish as fans are seen dancing.
  • Options
    We should win, but i have a nasty feeling we wont. 1-1
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I am sure we can help change this drought

Northampton’s goal drought currently stands at 520 minutes

Read more at: http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers/james-heneghan-s-charlton-athletic-v-northampton-town-preview-1-8109184

Oh ffs! They will at least score now, allowed to play it out from our corner, walking pedestrian like through a sleeping midfield whilst scuffing it in off of a post and the goalies arse.

It's Charlton after all.
  • Options
    Not a team we did well against last season and our squad already looks light weight. We moan about strikers but our manager only plays one way with only one striker. These tactics alone make me despair. 1-1 and probably an undeserved point at that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    At home, if you encourge your full backs to play as wing backs and you play Fosu and Holmes a bit more narrow, but with flexibility - it can be quite an attacking formation. Of course we need enough people in the team who can get their fair share of goals - A few players have to step up and show they can.

What you don't need is for opponents to stifle you by getting numbers back - the solution is to get as many players up for attacks and running into teh box as possible.
  • Options

Charlton to win 3.1 and as the news of palarce and millwank defeats reach the covered end
    Roland finally gets his wish as fans are seen dancing.

I have literally just laughed out loud due to this comment
  • Options
    If we have any aspirations of promotion this is a must win game. Northampton finished last season in poor form and have lost three from three (league & cup) this season.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Looking forward to this. Sitting in the east thanks to mate ST holder who is away. Hope we okay like we did against Brizzle but with 11 men this time.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I am sure we can help change this drought

Northampton’s goal drought currently stands at 520 minutes

Read more at: http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers/james-heneghan-s-charlton-athletic-v-northampton-town-preview-1-8109184

How come Northampton have got 6 fit strikers?

How many have we got?

• Options
    2-0 to Charlton.
  • Options

2-0 to Charlton.

Is this the match thread?

• Options
    3-1 Holmes hat trick
  • Options
    0-1 lots of pretty football no shots on target.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!