Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brucie's Gone

13»

Comments

• Options
    A true TV legend, RIP Bruce
  • Options
    Saw just a few minutes of a program on bbc1 tonight about him.
    Got a bit choked up if I'm honest.

Everything has already been said.
    TV royalty.
    RIP
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I really hope Bruce was a top fella off stage, on stage he was awesome, grew up watching him on tv, I thought he stood head and shoulders above other entertainers, up there with Morecombe and Wise and the two Ronnie's ,it's like another chapter of your childhood closing, thanks for making me laugh a plenty Brucie.
  • Options
    Very sad. Good night Brucie.
  • Options
    He was a legend. Grew up watching The Generation Game and he was a staple of Saturday night TV throughout my childhood.

Also loved his cameo in Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

RIP Brucie.
  • Options
    Met the man a few times, always the most modest and helpful of people, a true great in entertainment. My cover image of him for a modest internal event at the BBC. Sorry about the quality of the image....
  • Options
    Always came across as the ultimate professional
  • Options
    Read on Facebook yesterday he once phoned the Charlton clubshop to buy a shirt for his gardener. They put him on loud speaker and was said to have all the staff in stitches
  • Options
    BBC just announced he's going to be the new presenter of The Regeneration Game. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When you think of the way the world has changed let alone TV and entertainment for someone to have a career that covered such a long time its nothing short if remarkable, people come and go on TV now all the time, five mins of fame radio presenters used to become TV presenters now days its the other way Rd,

There wont ever be another brucie, someone who generations of familes have grown up with on the telly box,

Attenborough will now be the last TV personality I reckon who nans, mum/dad and kids all know of together as someone from the TV that they have all watched together of an evening

And that is really quite sad

Rip brucie and thank you

Ant and Dec.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

BBC just announced he's going to be the new presenter of The Regeneration Game. RIP

One would normally disapprove of a comment like that in a tribute thread but I can imagine Brucie having a bloody good laugh at that, I had a chuckle myself.
  • Options
    Saw his slot at Glastonbury 4 or 5 years and it was so good!

RIP you legend.
  • Options
    I know he liked his golf but he batted way above his average.
  • Options

One would normally disapprove of a comment like that in a tribute thread but I can imagine Brucie having a bloody good laugh at that, I had a chuckle myself.
    Quite so.

• Options

A true TV legend, RIP Bruce

• Options
    He made things that are really quite difficult look easy. Truly irreplaceable. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Brucie , another childhood star gone out.
  • Options
    i made him a cup of tea back in the day when i was a saturday boy and he opened Tescos in Catford 1973 ...bless him, he lived a good life and brought pleasure to many
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Bruce

was watching bedknobs and broomsticks not that long ago with the kids
  • Options
    He should have been knighted back in about 1993 when he was in his mid 60's. It was when he had been in showbiz for 50 years. Back then everyone would have said it was richly deserved.

Once again RIP Sir Bruce!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

He made things that are really quite difficult look easy. Truly irreplaceable. RIP

1 million percent THIS!
    lolwray said:

i made him a cup of tea back in the day when i was a saturday boy and he opened Tescos in Catford 1973 ...bless him, he lived a good life and brought pleasure to many

Lovely claim to fame!
  • Options
    As he was approaching the Pearly Gates he called out to St Peter 'Higher or lower?'.