Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL's Favourite Albums: Pet Sounds vs Revolver

124»

Comments

• Options
    Love The Beatles and The Revolver album but it has to be Pet Sounds for me Brian Wilson proper music genius. 
  • Options
    Listening to All Things Must Pass atm what an album love George Harrison. 
  • Options
    "Star, Star" was one Stones song that got very little radio play.
    God that was embarrassingly awful.
    The song originally called "Starfucker", with the Chuck Berry intro; the generic Stones rent-a-rocker tune and lyrics that a 13 year old boy would be ashamed of.
    But hindsight is a wonderful thing and at the time I was fully into the Stones as "Greatest Rock'n'Roll band in the world" mindset. (Given that the Beatles had split and the Kinks had become sidetracked into a mire of Concept album mediocrity).
    It took me until the end of the decade to see past the Stones "Emperor's new clothes" and when I did I dated the start of their demise back to Goats Head Soup.
    Not that they stopped making great songs, but the ratio per album plummeted.
    Anyway, we digress  ;)
  • Options
    "Star, Star" was one Stones song that got very little radio play.
    God that was embarrassingly awful.
    The song originally called "Starfucker", with the Chuck Berry intro; the generic Stones rent-a-rocker tune and lyrics that a 13 year old boy would be ashamed of.
    But hindsight is a wonderful thing and at the time I was fully into the Stones as "Greatest Rock'n'Roll band in the world" mindset. (Given that the Beatles had split and the Kinks had become sidetracked into a mire of Concept album mediocrity).
    It took me until the end of the decade to see past the Stones "Emperor's new clothes" and when I did I dated the start of their demise back to Goats Head Soup.
    Not that they stopped making great songs, but the ratio per album plummeted.
    Anyway, we digress  ;)
    They still are!!