Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham Away (sold out)

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
Does anyone know when the tickets will be released for this? As I want to buy them before I go on holiday next week. Is there a chance this will sell out?

Cheers chaps

Comments

• Unlikely to sell out, think we had 200 or so left over last season
  • pretty shit day out tbh, certainly wont be boozing local pre game pub way beyond packed last time ( fleur de lis ) and also the type of establishment you would expect to find in bermondsey
  • pretty shit day out tbh, certainly wont be boozing local pre game pub way beyond packed last time ( fleur de lis ) and also the type of establishment you would expect to find in bermondsey

Drink in Rochester high street pre game, now the station has moved you can just cross the road and get on a train for 2 stops (7/8 minutes) every pub in Gillingham is almost excusively a shithole and not in a good shit way either. It will be massive queues for shit beer and toothless locals. Sadly I'm on holiday for this game and the legends one
  • Last season was about as miserable an away day as you could get, including walking back to Gillingham station via Rochester it seemed. Not only vile because of the police and the general structure of the day, and the crap result, but also very uncomfortable because of the unrestrained sexist and pugnacious attitude of my fellow Charlton fans, chanting 'get your tits out' at 12 year old girls and other shabby behaviour.
    Accuse me or not being proper Charlton if you like, but Gillingham away is going to be a miss from me this season.
  • seth plum said:

Last season was about as miserable an away day as you could get, including walking back to Gillingham station via Rochester it seemed. Not only vile because of the police and the general structure of the day, and the crap result, but also very uncomfortable because of the unrestrained sexist and pugnacious attitude of my fellow Charlton fans, chanting 'get your tits out' at 12 year old girls and other shabby behaviour.
    Accuse me or not being proper Charlton if you like, but Gillingham away is going to be a miss from me this season.

i must have missed this, when/where did that happen?
  • In the away end as some girls were found the edge of the pitch near the police camera position. Something like Gillingham jackpot ticket sellers and suchlike. After the game there were a few comments on here, including from ForestHillRed.
  • edited August 2017
    seth plum said:

In the away end as some girls were found the edge of the pitch near the police camera position. Something like Gillingham jackpot ticket sellers and suchlike. After the game there were a few comments on here, including from ForestHillRed.

12 year old jackpot ticket sellers ? Is that legal ?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Last season was about as miserable an away day as you could get, including walking back to Gillingham station via Rochester it seemed. Not only vile because of the police and the general structure of the day, and the crap result, but also very uncomfortable because of the unrestrained sexist and pugnacious attitude of my fellow Charlton fans, chanting 'get your tits out' at 12 year old girls and other shabby behaviour.

ffs i like many other others walked back to the station, and this is the exact sort of thing we get on here after any biggish game, its the big local game of the season 2000+ are going to go down there, your gonna get a bigger ratio of dickheads for the record gillingham fans came charging out at charlton fans as we left the ground the police walked us to the station, 1 prat was trying to drive through charlton fans and got a bit of agro - deserved imo as dont be a plonker, but making us sound like jimmy saville on the rampage is ridiculous, what is the other shabby behaviour you talk of?
  • seth plum said:

sounds like you wont be missed
  • seth plum said:

You sound like a barrel of laughs for an away day

• se9addick said:

seth plum said:

In the away end as some girls were found the edge of the pitch near the police camera position. Something like Gillingham jackpot ticket sellers and suchlike. After the game there were a few comments on here, including from ForestHillRed.

Is Gillingham legal?
  • Completely the opposite experience for me. We walked away from the Priestfield to a lively discussion on Marcel Proust and those devine "...temps perdue" novels. Stopped off at the Command House in Chafe Ham for a reasonably priced Cabernet Sauvignion. I had an engrossing debate with a fully toothed local about the merits of post modernest reconstruction before sauntering off into a blissfull Medway evening. The football however was fucking shit!

That's when I realised you may be lying.

Gillingham is an in and out job, like Stevenage. Drink in London, last train to make kick off and earliest train back to London afterwards. If you're lucky we could be losing which gives you an excuse to spend even less time there.
  • think ill stick to local and get a train down to make kick off or rochester, was far superior after the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

seth plum said:

Is Gillingham legal?
    Child labour probably is legal in Gillingham to be fair, those 12 year olds would be middle aged by local life expectancy standards!
  • Really enjoyed that piece Loopy. Reckon the Gills piece might just have been contributed by an Addick!
  • I will be going with Golfie Jnr & will do the same as I have always done for this fixture - drive down the A2, through the Medway Tunnel, turn right after about a mile and park up in a side road just a few mins walk from the ground.

Whats there not to like ? Apart from the portakabin bogs & uncovered seating in makeshift stands that wouldn't be out of place at the Open 30 years ago.

thank gawd its only once a year.
  • It's about time the tickets were on sale what's Happy?
  • Proper good booze in Rochester last year
  • If its anything like last year it will be the worst game of the season....