Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton | Sat 26 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Think Robinson might change things given how good Konsa looked in midfield last weekend. Wouldn't necessarily bet on this, but could see us going with
    ............ ... Amos
    Solly... Bauer..Pearce..DaSilva
    .. .....F-Caskey... Kashi
    Clarke...... Konsa....... Holmes
    ............. Magennis

Konsa would add pace as well as good defensive ability. I think it would end up looking more like a 4-1-4-1 with JFC also having more freedom. Again, wouldn't necessarily put a bet on this being the team, but I could see it as well as the thinking behind it.
  • Options
    2:1 Rotherham, we'll be punished defending too deep...
  • Options
    Rotherham 2 Charlton 3
  • Options
    2-2.

Might rest Fosu.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Having made fools of the optimists by losing at Plymouth (96% predicted we’d pick up at least a point), it was the realists’ turn to look misguided after our thrashing of Northampton Town last week. Although the majority of the 57 predictions had us down to win, 47% thought we’d drop points and over half of them thought we’d lose, despite coming up against a side with a record of lost 3, scored 0. Only @BedsAddick correctly called a 4-1 win. Over-optimism returned in midweek, as only 44% expected us to lose in 90 minutes. I was one of a number of idiots who went for an Addicks win, completely disregarding our woeful record in the League Cup (well, any cup actually) and the fact that we were playing a side from a higher division who’d beaten us comforably at The Valley just a few weeks previously. As with 2-0 defeat at Plymouth, @GolfAddick was once again spot on in predicting a 4-1 defeat.

Tough one to call this week. Rotherham’s boss thinks we’re a good shout for automatic promotion, Karl thinks that our existing squad is good enough for promotion, as long as we make it through the entire season without anybody getting injured, suspended or losing form.

1-1 draw that leaves none of us any the wiser. Personally, I think our activity (or lack of) during the remaining days of the transfer window has a great deal more significance than the Rotherham match. Expecting not enough signings and far too many excuses come Thursday evening.
  • Options
    Hard one to call but the lack of fire power makes me think it will he a narrow defeat. 2-1 to the New York Yankees..
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Think Robinson might change things given how good Konsa looked in midfield last weekend. Wouldn't necessarily bet on this, but could see us going with
    ............ ... Amos
    Solly... Bauer..Pearce..DaSilva
    .. .....F-Caskey... Kashi
    Clarke...... Konsa....... Holmes
    ............. Magennis

Konsa would add pace as well as good defensive ability. I think it would end up looking more like a 4-1-4-1 with JFC also having more freedom. Again, wouldn't necessarily put a bet on this being the team, but I could see it as well as the thinking behind it.

If you swap JFC and Konsa you may be on to something - Konsa would solidify the two shielding the back four and JFC would get more chances to get in the box behind Mag.
    Agree. I'm kind of going off of Konsa coming on on Saturday. But I think JFC could easily end up in the 10 role, or the two could interchange. The nice thing about having Konsa in the 10 is that he's better for the press. But yeah, we know Robinson likes fluidity so could be either way.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Amos
    Solly Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips, Sarr, Konsa, Crofts, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant, Novak

Rotherham 1-2 Charlton

Reeves still not 100% but aiming to be for Oldham away, so I agree with @dickplumb and don't think he will be in the squad.

Bench is looking stronger, but would be even better if we can swap Grigg for Novak and a better wide midfielder/forward for Ahearne-Grant. Will see how that one goes over the next week.
  • Options
    KR has said that Reeves will be training today, which is better than a 15 minute sub appearance on Saturday, he expects Reeves to play on Tuesday though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not sure why some people to think this we be a low scoring affair, Barker knows Robinson's tactics inisde out and will look to exploit this.

However I cannot imagine KR deviating from his gung ho approach , so expect this to have plenty of goals, i think we will just come out on the wrong side of it.

3-2 to the Millers
  • Options
    One of the toughest Aways this season , would take a draw .
  • Options
    Fancy the Addicks to win this 2-1
  • Options
    2-2 draw with Magennis and Novak taking the blame (despite numerous missed chances/poor decision making elsewhere in the team).
  • Options
    Wasn't a 5-1 home defeat by Rotherham the end of Ken Craggs or did I make that up?
  • Options
    1-1 Bauer sent off after 60mins.
  • Options
    Rotherham 1 Charlton 4, just like last time.
  • Options
    We completely dominate for 90 mins, and come way with a 1-1 and more missed chances, than you can shake a stick at !
  • Options
    This could be a tough game for the Addicks as Rotherham will go for the win to avoid losing ground on the top 6 even at this early stage. My head says a draw but after Plymouth I am not so sure. 2-1 to Rotherham and we all panic about the transfer window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    2-2.

Might Won't rest Fosu.

Rotherham will be under quite a lot of pressure to get a result after their poor start. It's whether that has a positive or a negative effect on them.
    A good start by us would add to the pressure, and the fans might get on their backs.
    Possibly.
  • Options
    Have a feeling we could nick this 1-2, last minute goal.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Have a feeling we could nick this 1-2, last minute goal.

That would send my old ticker in to meltdown
  • Options
    Wishing I had a good feeling bout this game...but a 3-1 loss is how I thinks it will go...:(
  • Options
    3-0
  • Options
    JFC is the sort of player who can run a game if given freedom to imo, which with Kashi alongside him may enable him to do so. Up against his old club, where he didn't seem to enjoy a particularly successful time, is the sort of game to do it. 3-1, brace for JFC and one for Holmes.
  • Options
    Back to back league wins aren't the Charlton way. 1-1 and we finish with 10 men.
  • Options
    lovely day here in Sheffield .. the forecast is warm and sunny all day .. so bring your shades and sunhats
  • Options

lovely day here in Sheffield .. the forecast is warm and sunny all day .. so bring your shades and sunhats

And sunscreen. Lots and lots and lots of sunscreen. I don't know if you have the kind of sun where you need sunscreen in England, but I have seen your complexions.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!