Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Dodoo on loan until January (confirmed on OS)

Comments

• Options
    A song can definitely be made from this https://youtu.be/mjeWKssl8Ic
  • Options
    Dodooooooooooo
  • Options

I've just put a short synopsis on Jo on the match preview thread from my neighbour who works with LCFC in coaching/fitness/sports scientist role. He joined LCFC at age 9 and he worked with him for 4 years.

Good old Joe
  • Options

Will give us another option as was always on the last defenders shoulder and think once the others get to know him the will look for the pass more than they did today for him.

Spot on. He was constantly pulling the CH around and making space for the through ball. Which never really came. He'll score goals.
  • Options
    Now he's played can those there tell me if we are in the doodoo with Dodoo or does he look useful?

My perspective as an absentee is that you cannot ask for much more from a striker than a goal on debut.
  • Options
    Signs gets slated scores winner.
  • Options
    We've got a big fucking Dodoo :-)
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Much as I f*cking hate Duchatalatet, Miere & the regime toadies infesting our club you have to give the guy a chance - I remember how Kermorgant was dismissed on here as a crap signing

I make you right although some of us, few I grant you, didn't think Kermorgant was a `crap' signing. Sven Goran Eriksson had signed him to lead his Leicester City promotion attack to the premiership in 2011 so there was clearly a good player in there. Too many here, and elsewhere, took THAT penalty miss as an indicator of the whole player....and that clearly wasn't a true reflection on what he brought to the side. Powell new exactly how good he was. The rest is history of course.
  • Options
    Love this. Remember when everyone asking why we signed De Silva. Rather than give the lads a chance to prove themselves once again they have shut the knockers up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Love this. Remember when everyone asking why we signed De Silva. Rather than give the lads a chance to prove themselves once again they have shut the knockers up

Who have 'shut the knockers up', I don't follow?
    Dasilva came on for his debut v Millwall as a sub, and then got subbed because he was getting battered. That's got to be disquieting to some.
  • Options
    Took his goal well...i can think of a few ex strikers of ours who missed many one on one's...vetokele missed them on a regular basis so give the kid a chance and like robinson has done do your homework before slagging of a player .....going back over the comments on this thread is embarrasing and a few of you should hang your heads in shame .......100% behind karl and the boys

• Options
    edited September 2017
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/76219/jay-dasilva-signs-on-loan-from-chelsea/p1

The reality of what was said when Dasilva signed.

Some impressed, some not, almost as if people on CL are individuals and don't all share the same view.

One particular posters comment

"Henry Irving
    December 2016
    Welcome Jay, hope you do well for us.

Pace is so important these days and at our level can change a game.

He is clearly inexperienced but that is why Chelsea want to loan him. A calculated risk like all loans so we'll have to wait to see how he gets on in mens football.

Does show the benefit of having a manager with British connections in the game."
  • Options
    youngluke said:

Took his goal well...i can think of a few ex strikers of ours who missed many one on one's...vetokele missed them on a regular basis so give the kid a chance and like robinson has done do your homework before slagging of a player .....going back over the comments on this thread is embarrasing and a few of you should hang your heads i.n shame .......100% behind karl and the boys

He did and he missed chances as well. It happens.

As you say a "few" people should hang their heads in shame. Most want him to be a success though. There's a difference between having an opinion and slagging off posters on a forum for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Have not slagged off any posters !!! Just stated that they were slagging off a signing without any evidence to back it up
  • Options
    youngluke said:

There's a difference between having an opinion and just slagging off the club for the sake of it

Well said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure Novak wouldn't have had the pace and composure to score the same type of goal as Dodoo did yesterday.
  • Options

Pretty sure Novak wouldn't have had the pace and composure to score the same type of goal as Dodoo did yesterday.

Lets hope we have the option to extend the loan or buy. IF he is still banging them in by January.
  • Options
    youngluke said:

There's a difference between having an opinion and just slagging off the club for the sake of it

Yes, sadly any decision is being used as a stick to beat the club with. It does ruin the enjoyment of other supporters too.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    youngluke said:

Have not slagged off any posters !!! Just stated that they were slagging off a signing without any evidence to back it up

Didn't say you had
  • Options
    He done well yesterday with that goal.
  • Options
    George Tucadean scored a goal for Charlton once. Look how that turned out. Just saying that one swallow doth not a summer make. Those backing him now will be slagging him off in January if that is his one and only goal. Now is not the time to judge.
  • Options
    I've made up my mind tbf. Dodoo is mustard. JOOOOEEEE DOOOOOOODOO DOO DOO PUSH PINEAPPLE SHAKE THE TREE

(I favour seth plum's 'we've got him til January' for the second line btw)