Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which Legend are you most looking for to seeing on Sunday.....

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
And why?

Lots of names below are not regular visitors to The Valley these days but many there (whether small or large) have played an important role in the journey over the last 25 years.

Is there anyone in particular (for you) you are looking forward to giving a welcome absbround of appreciation to?

Ps. If you can get along on Sunday, do so. Although the timing isn't ideal, it's a rare event for Charlton and every penny raised is going towards the fantastic work that the Community Trust do in the name of the club we love.

Comments

• Options

SUPER CLIVE...no reason needed.

Actually quite difficult, but this has to be my answer too.
  • Options
    My 1st visit to the valley for a long time. Wouldn't miss it for the world
  • Options
    Also - should Rob Lee technically be invited? I thought it was for players in the last 25 years since our return to The Valley. Hadn't he left by then?
  • Options
    Sorry to burst everyone bubbles, but I won't be making the trip
  • Options
    There's only one Deano.
  • Options
    Alex Dyer.
  • Options
    Ruin a players name with just one letter

Salsa ilic

That penalty save changed the course of our history.

Unfortunately I won't be there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (Is KAG related to KG?)
  • Options
    1.Chris Powell

2. Leaburn, Nelse, Kinsella, Mortimer

• Options

Also - should Rob Lee technically be invited? I thought it was for players in the last 25 years since our return to The Valley. Hadn't he left by then?

He'll be manning the turnstiles
  • Options
    Robert Lee, Colin Walsh, Garry Nelson, Scott Minto etc, got a soft spot for that 91/92 team
  • Options
    Killer.
  • Options
    Hermann - was my favourite player for a while and a rock in defence. Plus handy at corners too.

Super Clive - obviously

John Robinson won't be coming. Massive shame but let's celebrate the ones who have confirmed.
  • Options
    Gutted Darren Pitcher couldn't make it
  • Options
    Kins, Kiely, Powell and Mendonca. Oh and Herman.
  • Options
    Shaun Newton and Steve Jones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The inclusion of Steve Jones is very short-sighted IMHO. Taking money from supporters on false pretences isn't something that can be forgotten or swept under the carpet. I hope he has an uncomfortable day in SE7.
  • Options
    Morts - Just because.
    Peter Garland - to feel good about my weight.
  • Options
    Have a guess?
  • Options
    Andy Jones
  • Options
    Johnny Bumstead, he's dropping me south of the river after the game.
  • Options
    Clive.
  • Options
    Who will be introduced first and last ?

I have Steve Jones as first, however not sure if it will be SCP or SCM coming out last, have to go with SCM
  • Options
    My 10 year old is most looking forward to Clive and Ilic because he's watched the 5 minute YouTube so many time he knows the commentary word for word.
    Im looking forward to Leaburn and Bumstead, not sure why but they were my 2 first favourite players when I first started going.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Super Clive for obvious reasons as well as Lee Bowyer who was genuinely a class act when he broke into the team. Always thought the reception he received from some on his returns to The Valley to be very unfair.
  • Options
    I am gutted as my son's team who I co-manage has a rare late kick off away game on Sunday! I could have made it easily if it was normal time - sod's law!