Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which Legend are you most looking for to seeing on Sunday.....

Comments

• Options
    anyone aware of how many tickets have been sold?
  • Options

Have a guess?

You could at least give us a clue!
  • Options
    iamdan said:

anyone aware of how many tickets have been sold?

I believe they are expecting c 4000.
  • Options

Super Clive for obvious reasons as well as Lee Bowyer who was genuinely a class act when he broke into the team. Always thought the reception he received from some on his returns to The Valley to be very unfair.

He always got a decent reception though didn't he? Other than when he was playing for West ham and had a bit of a bust up with Parker and inevitably came in for some stick, he always got a clap and even remember the Covered End signing his name at the end of one game.
  • Options
    4,000 is an absolutely piss poor crowd for a game like this and given the amount of work that's obviously gone into it's planning and getting everyone there.

I'm convinced that if played at a different time of day this would've drawn more.

I'd love to have gone and taken the kids, but unfortunately have prior commitments.
  • Options
    I hope they have plenty of people selling tickets as I think it could be a bit of a nightmare buying on the day.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    HandG said:

Super Clive for obvious reasons as well as Lee Bowyer who was genuinely a class act when he broke into the team. Always thought the reception he received from some on his returns to The Valley to be very unfair.

He always got a decent reception though didn't he? Other than when he was playing for West ham and had a bit of a bust up with Parker and inevitably came in for some stick, he always got a clap and even remember the Covered End signing his name at the end of one game.

I can remember as I say "some" giving him stick and it was long before his West Ham days.
  • Options

4,000 is an absolutely piss poor crowd for a game like this and given the amount of work that's obviously gone into it's planning and getting everyone there.

I'm convinced that if played at a different time of day this would've drawn more.

I'd love to have gone and taken the kids, but unfortunately have prior commitments.

Totally agree, I am going but had it been a 3pm kick off would have taken my three nephews who all play on a Sunday, they just cannot make it for 1pm
  • Options
    John Legend playing Liverpool Echo Arena on Sunday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How did John Barnes not get a look in?!?!?!

Won't be there but it'd probably be the Herminator or Kealy.
  • Options

wont be there, but chris powell will be good to see hopefully he scores then gesticulates to katrien in the stands.

What makes you so sure she will be there.......wouldn't surprise me for one moment if she's a no show.
  • Options

Have a guess?

Polish Pete
  • Options
    Is Curbishley no longer playing or involved?
  • Options
    Super Clive
  • Options
    SIR Chrissie Powell. The one and only.
  • Options
    Someone has said leaburn won't be playing. Why is that the case?
  • Options

Someone has said leaburn won't be playing. Why is that the case?

Because he doesn't want to ? Perhaps, because he's a big lad & thinks he might be embarassed, playing football ?
  • Options
    He's always been big lad. But if he doesn't fancy it then fair enough. I was asking just in case i had missed something which could be serious. Big fan of his is all and would of liked to have seen him up front.
  • Options
    Last time I saw Carl he had put on a real lot of weight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

What leads you to believe that?
  • Options
    Alan Curbishley and Steve Gritt.
    Remember both as players and managers.
  • Options
    I thought there would be a much bigger turnout than the 4000 they've sold. Should have held the game nearer to December 5th IMHO.

Won't be there - miss it by a few days - but I reckon Kish will score a 30 yarder!
  • Options

The inclusion of Steve Jones is very short-sighted IMHO. Taking money from supporters on false pretences isn't something that can be forgotten or swept under the carpet. I hope he has an uncomfortable day in SE7.

I thought Jones sold some signed play off final pics to fans that took ages to arrive but everyone got them in the end ?
    Or were people knocked ?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So disappointed not to be able to make this event.
    Nice to see Paul Walsh signed up, he doesn't usually seem to give us the time of day.
    As my favourite ever academy graduate I guess he's the one I would most like to see.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

What leads you to believe that?
    Neither on the list of confirmed legends. The leaflet handed out at the valley
  • Options

I thought there would be a much bigger turnout than the 4000 they've sold. Should have held the game nearer to December 5th IMHO.

Don't worry Cologne fans are all stopping off on their way home.

• Options
    The equal "nicest bloke in football" Garry Garry Nelson
  • Options
    Somethings come up last min so I now can't make today.

Already bought 4 tickets but trust can have the money as a donation.

If anyone could buy me a souvenir programme from the day I'd appreciate it. Happy to meet at a game some time to pick it up

Thanks.
  • Options

Somethings come up last min so I now can't make today.

Already bought 4 tickets but trust can have the money as a donation.

If anyone could buy me a souvenir programme from the day I'd appreciate it. Happy to meet at a game some time to pick it up

Thanks.

Also happy to pay postage