Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How reasonable / Considerate are you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think I'm very considerate & obey the laws of the land - apart from speeding on the motorway where I generally go at around 80 mph (but then again most do) but stick to the 30 & 40 mph ones. I never drop litter & detest anyone (usually the under 20's) who think nothing of just throwing anything out if car windows or on pavements. Do as you would be done by is a great saying to live by.

The only time I would break the law is if I was personally let down by the law - say if a loved one was killed by a drunk driver who then got 18 months sentance. They wouldn't live when they got out. I was watching "Nitemare tenants & slum landlords" the other night & they featured a women who let friends stay at her flat whilst she was studying abroad - they wouldn't let her back in her own property when she got back into the country & she spent over a year trying to get them out. Not me. I'd have forced my way in & thrown their stuff out. The press would have had a field day ! The law is an ass sometimes.
  • Options
    I always give people respect unless and until they demonstrate they don't command it.

I'm tolerant of pretty much everything but intolerance.
  • Options

I think I'm very considerate & obey the laws of the land - apart from speeding on the motorway where I generally go at around 80 mph (but then again most do) but stick to the 30 & 40 mph ones. I never drop litter & detest anyone (usually the under 20's) who think nothing of just throwing anything out if car windows or on pavements. Do as you would be done by is a great saying to live by.

The only time I would break the law is if I was personally let down by the law - say if a loved one was killed by a drunk driver who then got 18 months sentance. They wouldn't live when they got out. I was watching "Nitemare tenants & slum landlords" the other night & they featured a women who let friends stay at her flat whilst she was studying abroad - they wouldn't let her back in her own property when she got back into the country & she spent over a year trying to get them out. Not me. I'd have forced my way in & thrown their stuff out. The press would have had a field day ! The law is an ass sometimes.

Saw that same episode. My shoulder would have been through the front door on day one. Same for if there were squatters in my house when I came back from holiday, they'd get a proper hiding too once I got in.
  • Options
    We live in an over populated world and it's near on impossible to find some peace and a bit of personal space. So hardly surprising we come into conflict with each other on a regular basis.

They say an "Englishmans/Women's home is his/her Castle" so do you believe when your in your castle, it gives you the right, to behave how you wish, without regard to your neighbours?

For my sins and in view of the above posts, I did briefly squat in a home I was renting with friends while at college many years ago.

The people we were renting from, said they'd be abroad for 2 years but came back after 6 months and wanted us out immediately, which obviously wasn't possible.

I'll add, we only squatted on the advice of the college housing officer. Fortunately for me, I received an escape clause and due to a family illness at the time, had to fly to Australia, so was out of there fairly sharpish.