Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be relegated from the prem?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Brighton and Huddersfield nailed on for me even with Hudds start. Last spot could be any one out of 10 or so.

Still think Palace will survive, will be dependent on Zaha and Sakho getting and staying fit and come Jan their owners will panic and lob another £50M at it I think.
  • Options

Brighton
    Palace
    Watford

if,as seems likely, Palace have a max of 3 points after 10 games (they have the next 3 that are well know, but then Newcastle away and Wham at home to complete the 10.
    That means they have to get 37 points from 28 games to get to the magical 40 points - i cant see them averaging almost 1.5 points per game from thereon in tbh - most of the teams above them will be at least 7 points away by then anyway.
    I can see the likes of Cabaye,Benteke,Sakho not having the guts/willingness for a relegation fight and wanting a move in the Jan window.

Watford wont be near Relegation with Marco Silva... Great Manager in the making who almost kept Hull up on pretty much nothing

He'll go from strength to strength with clubs
  • Options
    I think Brighton, Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Palace will fill the bottom 6 places, with Brighton, Swansea and Huddersfield my tips for relegation as I can imagine them going on a similar run to Palace's at the moment.
  • Options
    Looks to me as though Palace will have 9 points after their next three games. I can hear Gary Lineker now saying "who would have thought it?"
  • Options
    Brighton are almost certs. Don't see where they're going to get 10 wins from.
    I think Huddersfield are still quite likely to drop. Despite a decent start they haven't played any of the top sides yet. I think they'll be similar to Boro last year, won't score enough so will end up drawing too many games and that'll be their downfall.

Then it's between Palace and Bournemouth for me. Bournemouth need to shore up their defence and get Defoe scoring then they could just about survive. Palace could well be 0 points from 8 games and that will be difficult to come back from. Agree with The_President that the likes of Cabaye and Benteke could throw a strop in January.

However with quite a few weak sides this year, it might only need 34-35 points to stay up. Would be just our luck that Palace stay up with a record low total.
  • Options
    I won't believe Palace will go down until they are 10 points adrift at the beginning of May. I won't be surprised if the top 3 all have an off day when they play them.
    Jammy b******ds always luck out. Still live in hope of the new rules on diving being enforced against them, negating Zaha.
    Sadly I think Brighton will go down. For the others, I think it will be between the Nigels, Huddersfield, Swansea, West Ham, Bournemouth and Newcastle (who shouldn't really be there but with their owner pissing off Rafa, who knows.)

Spanners will stay up. But we will have the joys of playing Bolton and Brum next season as we start as favourites to finally leave League 1 after another year of the Belgian-imposed unbalanced squad failing to win enough games.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

SDAddick said:

Palace will go eight games without a point. That's a tremendously difficult catch up for them. I think if they come off the back of the next three games, both Manchester clubs and Chelsea without a point then that's relegation even at this early stage. I think their partners in relegation will be Bournemouth and Brighton.

Millwall will stay up.

I think Roy sets his teams up to do well against the bigger sides: sit deep, defend well, and counter.

Even if they get 0 from the first 8, at the rate the other sides are going they might only be 8-9 points off safety. Over 30 games, that's doable.
    Doable yes. Would leave 30 games to get 38 points ? That's still pretty tough in the PL without a fantastic turnaround of form. Would mean effectively one win, one draw one loss for the season. I think that's tough.
    The thing is Palace have goals in their side unfortunately.

Once Woy sorts the defence out they will pick up wins because they can score.

That's why I'm sure they will survive. I am going to attempt to curse them by betting on them to survive but doubt it will work!
    I'm not suggesting you are wrong but they havn't scored a goal yet. It's not like they are scoring and conceding. They are just conceding.

• Options
    I just don't get the "Palace have goals" / "Palace are better than this" stuff. They've been consistently shit for several years. In 2016 they were the worst team in professional UK football. And those players cited (Cabaye, the hugely overrated Zaha, Benteke) were a part of that.

They survived the first time thanks to Pulis, whose work carried them through a chunk of Pardew time. Then they survived because of Big Sam. Those two managers are two of the very best when it comes to a team playing better than the sum of their parts. They will only survive if Roy manages to do the same thing. Not because the fucking stupidly overrated Zaha and Benteke are world beaters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

SDAddick said:

Palace will go eight games without a point. That's a tremendously difficult catch up for them. I think if they come off the back of the next three games, both Manchester clubs and Chelsea without a point then that's relegation even at this early stage. I think their partners in relegation will be Bournemouth and Brighton.

Millwall will stay up.

I think Roy sets his teams up to do well against the bigger sides: sit deep, defend well, and counter.

Even if they get 0 from the first 8, at the rate the other sides are going they might only be 8-9 points off safety. Over 30 games, that's doable.
    Doable yes. Would leave 30 games to get 38 points ? That's still pretty tough in the PL without a fantastic turnaround of form. Would mean effectively one win, one draw one loss for the season. I think that's tough.
    The thing is Palace have goals in their side unfortunately.

Once Woy sorts the defence out they will pick up wins because they can score.

That's why I'm sure they will survive. I am going to attempt to curse them by betting on them to survive but doubt it will work!
    Yeah they've been banging them in so far this season
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I just don't get the "Palace have goals" / "Palace are better than this" stuff. They've been consistently shit for several years. In 2016 they were the worst team in professional UK football. And those players cited (Cabaye, the hugely overrated Zaha, Benteke) were a part of that.

They survived the first time thanks to Pulis, whose work carried them through a chunk of Pardew time. Then they survived because of Big Sam. Those two managers are two of the very best when it comes to a team playing better than the sum of their parts. They will only survive if Roy manages to do the same thing. Not because the fucking stupidly overrated Zaha and Benteke are world beaters.

Zaha is just a diving wanker ... and it's only because his diving got so many penalties that they went up in the first place.
    Exactly but now referees have sussed him out he will get more yellow cards than penalties.

Going down i tell thee.
  • Options
    You just know palace are gana pick up a shock result against either united, city or Chelsea
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

You just know palace are gana pick up a shock result against either united, city or Chelsea

Last season yes
    This season i really don't think they will.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The thing is, the other teams at the bottom are not that far ahead of them. 4 points is a win and a draw. If Palace put a few wins together they could quickly rise. One of the issues about the haves and have nots in the Premiership. The positive is that Palace have lost quite a few what people would call 6 pointers against teams who will be there around them come the end of teh season. Fingers crossed!
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Last season yes
    This season i really don't think they will.
    I agree, last season some team took their foot off the pedal - not this season, they'll want to smack their arse.
  • Options

The thing is, the other teams at the bottom are not that far ahead of them. 4 points is a win and a draw. If Palace put a few wins together they could quickly rise. One of the issues about the haves and have nots in the Premiership. The positive is that Palace have lost quite a few what people would call 6 pointers against teams who will be there around them come the end of teh season. Fingers crossed!

Of the promoted teams, Hudders are 8 points clear, and Newcastle 9. If they can pick up another win while Palace lose their 3 "hard" games, that's a double digit lead which is a lot to make up.

We do need the other bottom teams to start winning though, if Palace are stranded in January, getting players to join will be a lot harder
  • Options
    Palace will be trying to beat Derby's record low points tally