Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018

JiMMy 85 said:

Definitely Cardiff, Hudders and Saints are in the biggest danger - I’m shocked Saints didn’t do more this summer. All the signs were there for them last year and they got lucky. This year they will have to be even luckier.

I’d say Palace without Zaha are in exactly the same bracket as those three. Have you seen the stats on how they perform with him vs without? It’s utterly staggering. They’d have been relegated seasons ago.

Most penalties awarded in the last two seasons I believe and a lot of those penalties helped them win points.

Take away the diver and those penalties will stop too.

Ties in with things like not winning without him for two years. I'm amazed other teams just don't seem to have sussed this out about them.
    A Palace twat on Reddit did point out to me that he hasn’t missed as many as you think, and the ones he did miss in that period were against top teams. It was hard to argue with his facts.

I don’t say this to defend them, but to help you avoid getting out-argued by a Palace twat in the way I did.
    And how many Millwall fans listen to us when they tell us we haven't beaten them for 21 years is it? Or is it 10 games? which if played back to back would be 5 years. Cheap stats make easy headlines :smile:
    Yeah rubbish stat. I much prefer the one that says of the last 32 league meetings between our two clubs, dating back to 1979, (the era I’ve been a regular) Charlton have only managed 3 wins. #smallwall

:wink:
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Definitely Cardiff, Hudders and Saints are in the biggest danger - I’m shocked Saints didn’t do more this summer. All the signs were there for them last year and they got lucky. This year they will have to be even luckier.

I’d say Palace without Zaha are in exactly the same bracket as those three. Have you seen the stats on how they perform with him vs without? It’s utterly staggering. They’d have been relegated seasons ago.

Most penalties awarded in the last two seasons I believe and a lot of those penalties helped them win points.

Ties in with things like not winning without him for two years. I'm amazed other teams just don't seem to have sussed this out about them.
    A Palace twat on Reddit did point out to me that he hasn’t missed as many as you think, and the ones he did miss in that period were against top teams. It was hard to argue with his facts.

I don’t say this to defend them, but to help you avoid getting out-argued by a Palace twat in the way I did.
    And how many Millwall fans listen to us when they tell us we haven't beaten them for 21 years is it? Or is it 10 games? which if played back to back would be 5 years. Cheap stats make easy headlines :smile:
    Or for the old uns on here, we can go right back to 1966, after we started playing each other again after a long period with out meeting, the mighty Charlton Athletic could only muster a paltry 6 victories in 49 meetings against little old Smallwall
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Or for the historians, we could talk about the period where we probably met the most, our first meeting in the early 1920’s through to the mid 30’s. 24 games, a whooping 5 wins for Charlton in that period. The period that also included two, yes TWO, 5 game winning streaks for Smallwall.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Or for the historians, we could talk about the period where we probably met the most, our first meeting in the early 1920’s through to the mid 30’s. 24 games, a whooping 5 wins for Charlton in that period. The period that also included two, yes TWO, 5 game winning streaks for Smallwall.
    It's your cup final.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

JiMMy 85 said:

But this one just about covers it all...

Millwall v Charlton, league games...

Played 73

Won 35
    Drawn 27
    Lost 11

#cheapstats #smallwall :wink:

I’ll get my coat :smile:

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Played 73

Won 35
    Drawn 27
    Lost 11

#cheapstats :wink:

They really are piss poor stats from our point of view.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Played 73

Won 35
    Drawn 27
    Lost 11

#cheapstats :wink:

They really are piss poor stats from our point of view.
    All jokes and piss taking aside, could it be the most one sided derby (results wise) in English football? I’m not stato enough to look it up but it must be up there?
  • Options
    Another strange thing looking over those stats, apart from that two bob Anglo Italian cup, which I don’t really count, we’ve never drawn each other in a proper competitive cup competition.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Or for the old uns on here, we can go right back to 1966, after we started playing each other again after a long period with out meeting, the mighty Charlton Athletic could only muster a paltry 6 victories in 49 meetings against little old Smallwall
    I much prefer the fact that we have spent about 40 years in a higher league than millwall.
    Shame your kids/grandkids won’t be able to quote the same. :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he gone yet?
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I much prefer the fact that we have spent about 40 years in a higher league than millwall.
    Shame your kids/grandkids won’t be able to quote the same. :wink:

My grandkids are aged 8,7 and 3
    They have plenty of time hopefully 😁
  • Options

Another strange thing looking over those stats, apart from that two bob Anglo Italian cup, which I don’t really count, we’ve never drawn each other in a proper competitive cup competition.

Or a bye for Millwall as it would be known...

Anyway, this thread has taken a horrible turn for the worst. Can't we please just get back to enjoying the news the Nigel's best player is out injured..!
  • Options

Or a bye for Millwall as it would be known...

Anyway, this thread has taken a horrible turn for the worst. Can't we please just get back to enjoying the news the Nigel's best player is out injured..!
    Haha fair enough. I can’t stand the stripeys as much as you lot. Make my skin itch. And would always back Charlton over those ****’s. Thought it was hilarious when you sent them down those years ago.

Everton just short of evens this weekend. Against a palace side with no Zaha that’s got to be a banker?
  • Options
    Too true.

Let's just enjoy the tantilising prospect of the stripey muppets losing a few more football matches...
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Too true.

Let's just enjoy the tantilising prospect of the stripey muppets losing a few more football matches and Charlton, Millwall and palace all being in the same division next season

Fixed it for you...
  • Options

Too true.

Let's just enjoy the tantilising prospect of the stripey muppets losing a few more football matches and Charlton, Millwall and palace all being in the same division next season

Fixed it for you...
    Now were talking!
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

They’d stay up if neither played for the rest of the season ffs
    Enough dross down there to keep them safe unfortunately

Sadly so true. Huddersfield and Cardiff will struggle to win a game all season and Southampton and Newcastle aren't much better.
    And yet somehow you miss Fulham

Fair call having watched arsenal dismantle them big time. But funnily enough I think they will be alright once, as Chris from Sidcup says, they tighten up in defence. And they have a lot of new players at the moment - once they start gelling they can only improve.
    Still a bit of defence tightening needed by Fulham by the sounds of it this afternoon :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I’d quite happily have shitty stats against millwall if it meant we didn’t have to play them for the odd decade here and there because we’re in a league they’ll never play in.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I’d quite happily have shitty stats against millwall if it meant we didn’t have to play them for the odd decade here and there because we’re in a league they’ll never play in.

You want us relegated to the National League South?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Do you never learn?
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

They’d stay up if neither played for the rest of the season ffs
    Enough dross down there to keep them safe unfortunately

Sadly so true. Huddersfield and Cardiff will struggle to win a game all season and Southampton and Newcastle aren't much better.
    And yet somehow you miss Fulham

Fair call having watched arsenal dismantle them big time. But funnily enough I think they will be alright once, as Chris from Sidcup says, they tighten up in defence. And they have a lot of new players at the moment - once they start gelling they can only improve.
    Still a bit of defence tightening needed by Fulham by the sounds of it this afternoon :-)
    If you concede 4 to Cardiff then you've got serious problems. Jokanovic needs to address the issues fast, pack out the defence if need be as it's clear whatever formation/tactics he's using right now isn't working.

They have Bournemouth at home and Huddersfield away, they really need a win from one of those.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Zaha out for a month with an abductor injury. Will miss Everton (a), Arsenal (h), Middlesbrough (a), Chelsea (a), Tottenham (h).

Long month that he starts today
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    kellycafc said:

Addickted said:

Zaha out for a month with an abductor injury. Will miss Everton (a), Arsenal (h), Middlesbrough (a), Chelsea (a), Tottenham (h).

Long month that he starts today
    Hmmm. Pulled out of the Ivory Coast game last weekend because of it. Miraculous recovery - Ryan Giggsesque.
  • Options
    9 goals went past Per...

C'mon you Toffees!
  • Options
    yeah WTF?? I hate palace. Lying cheats
  • Options
    Done the south London special on the beat the bookies thread.
    Charlton won
    Millwall lost.

Come on you stripy Nigel wankers don't let me down.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Fake news...
  • Options
    Blimey the atmosphere is stone dead - you could hear a pin drop. Guess watching Palace must send you to sleep
  • Options
    Everton and palarse both look very bang average.