Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options
    Labour drip on newsnight now pretty much sums them up.
    Gutless and pretty f***** useless. Trying to tow the party line, but like the rest hasn't got a scooby as to what it is.
    Embarrassing!
  • Options

Rudd, Johnson, gove, Rabb, Davis. What a stream of talent:

Eggheads quiz team
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I’m starting to think she’s going to run the clock down and go for no deal. She’ll rather people died through lack of medicines then go back to the country.

She hates foreigners more then anything, and will do anything to stop them coming
  • Options
    Oh and let's not forget the rogues gallery in the analogy:

Katrien = Cameron - who helped make the bumbling day to day decisions that got us into this mess then swiftly resigned and washed their hands of it.

RM= farrage - had people believing for a while but in honesty was where it all started to go bad. Would love to be relevant/in control but doesn't have the clout he thinks he has. "We won't have to sell our best players anymore"

Good ol' Sue = a general Tory whip/cabinet yes person (pick one) only interested in self preservation and following the leader - loves to spin

LDT: any of the many brexit secretaries- doesn't believe in his heart of hearts there will be a deal but keeps on plugging away because that's what he's paid for - to tow the company line. Happy to pay lip service to the people/fans til he is off.

I don't know enough about the internal politics of CAFC OR the government but I'm sure there's probably a Boris and a rees-mog analogue as well but you get the idea.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Gutless and pretty f***** useless. Trying to tow the party line, but like the rest hasn't got a scooby as to what it is.
    Embarrassing!

That is the second time I have seen this guy. Absolutely astounding. As an ex Labour voter I just feel ashamed that such second rate politicians with such third rate minds can make it to the Labour front bench and be allowed to speak to the media. Anna Soubry completely destroyed him and dismissed him for the joke that he is.
  • Options
    You should have seen Channel 4 News tonight. Not only Richard Burgon but also Andrew Bridgen, and Jon Snow was having one of his "not entirely on top of things" days, so it was car crash telly all round. I nearly turned over due to the sheer volume of secondhand embarrassment.
  • Options
    Keohane. Chief Whip.
  • Options

Oh and let's not forget the rogues gallery in the analogy:

Katrien = Cameron - who helped make the bumbling day to day decisions that got us into this mess then swiftly resigned and washed their hands of it.

RM= farrage - had people believing for a while but in honesty was where it all started to go bad. Would love to be relevant/in control but doesn't have the clout he thinks he has. "We won't have to sell our best players anymore"

Good ol' Sue = a general Tory whip/cabinet yes person (pick one) only interested in self preservation and following the leader - loves to spin

LDT: any of the many brexit secretaries- doesn't believe in his heart of hearts there will be a deal but keeps on plugging away because that's what he's paid for - to tow the company line. Happy to pay lip service to the people/fans til he is off.

I don't know enough about the internal politics of CAFC OR the government but I'm sure there's probably a Boris and a rees-mog analogue as well but you get the idea.

Gove is a repulsive little man who hangs around like a bad smell doing fuck all, I wonder if there is anyone at the club like that ;-)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Keohane. Chief Whip.

Are they usually in charge of Tory BBQs these days...?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

You should have seen Channel 4 News tonight. Not only Richard Burgon but also Andrew Bridgen, and Jon Snow was having one of his "not entirely on top of things" days, so it was car crash telly all round. I nearly turned over due to the sheer volume of secondhand embarrassment.

Yes....I saw it too & thought the same. Jon Snow had a mare.

I now reckon we wont leave the EU. Maraide MaGuinnes was adamant there could not be a border in Ireland.....and the backdrop definitely had yo be in place. The EU won't budge that's for certain. I have been saying for months.....we simply can not leave the EU if Brexit is to mean Brexit.

Although the bloke from the DUP did say on C4 earlier that there is nothing in the GFA about a border between the 2 countries. Anyone read it ??
  • Options
    I'm confident that both Labour and Conservatives are equally capable of screwing things up. Useless across the board...
  • Options

Embarrassing!

That is the second time I have seen this guy. Absolutely astounding. As an ex Labour voter I just feel ashamed that such second rate politicians with such third rate minds can make it to the Labour front bench and be allowed to speak to the media. Anna Soubry completely destroyed him and dismissed him for the joke that he is.
    You know how I recall my Poly days with the students who had adapted far left politics and kept trotting their mantras out even when the debate was about Student Union catering? Burgon did that. He started going on about how Soubry had been carrying out policies which are "an attack on the working classes". Soubry rolled her eyes, and when he carried on she interrupted with " We're her to talk about Brexit, man!" His response was pretty much "this (Brexit) cannot be seen in isolashun, but part of the wider struggle..".

I am sorry @MuttleyCAFC but there is no way you should believe Corbyn has some cunning plan to unite the opposition, when people like this are put forward to the unsuspecting public from his front bench. If you saw Soubry's reaction you'd have realised that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Thanks to this twitter thread and the cascade of related cheese puns that followed it

I have now earwormed myself with this

I'm sharing this in the hope that inflicting it on you will free me of its curse, a bit like the video in Ringu/The Ring.
    Rifkind has got some great tweets there. My particular favourite is "One Drunk Santa Helps Another Drunk Santa Vomit Into A Santa Hat Late At Night At Camden Town Tube Station". Now you might think that has also got something to do with Brexit, but it hasn't. The Brexit drunk Santa tweet is, "One Drunk Santa Snatches Away A Santa Hat That Another Drunk Santa Is Vomitng Into As They Try To Reach Mornington Crescent".
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Embarrassing!

You know how I recall my Poly days with the students who had adapted far left politics and kept trotting their mantras out even when the debate was about Student Union catering? Burgon did that. He started going on about how Soubry had been carrying out policies which are "an attack on the working classes". Soubry rolled her eyes, and when he carried on she interrupted with " We're her to talk about Brexit, man!" His response was pretty much "this (Brexit) cannot be seen in isolashun, but part of the wider struggle..".

I am sorry @MuttleyCAFC but there is no way you should believe Corbyn has some cunning plan to unite the opposition, when people like this are put forward to the unsuspecting public from his front bench. If you saw Soubry's reaction you'd have realised that.
    Thanks for the apology Prague. I don't really care that when we get the referendum you will continue to say that. Or that your solutions to the political crisis the World is in is a move to the neo-liberal centre. Good luck with that dillusion. Anyway, the important thing at this stage is that we stop Brexit. I am reminded of what I said on here when May first agreed her plan. If you want a softer Brexit than risk a hard one you have to support the plan. The route to no Brexit is on the same road as No Deal. If you want to stay in the EU you have to grow a pair and keep walking towards the cliff edge. You do have to have faith that the House will not allow a hard Brexit and if that doesn't happen, we may well be screwed.

I have noticed the bookies odds for a referendum were slashed after yesterday.
  • Options
    @MuttleyCAFC

Simple straight question. Have you seen or even heard Richard Burgon in "action"?

For your information, he is the Shadow Justice Minister. He was hand-picked by Corbyn.

Yvette Cooper is a back-bencher.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I have and I have not been impressed. Likewise, I could give you a list of Conservatives who are just as bad. And quite a few liberals too. I noticed their leader calling for a vote of no confidence yesterday that would have been lost. When you have one bullet in your gun, you need to be sure of your shot. He may offer more outside of the public eye for all I know. If you want to rest your whole argument on that, fair enough - go and join Henry and his mob.

I'm not asking you to support Corbyn - but this thread is about Brexit. We do have an agreement on where we want that to go. And I accept I may be totally wrong, but it is going how I predicted so far. We do have two objectives though and apologies but I think you only have one. The one i think we both share is the desire for another referendum. The important one I think you have missed is that referendum has to be won and how you get to it is important.

Anyway - now is the time for everybody to get on this useless governments back and try to do what we can to stop this madness that is going to damage the futures of our children.
  • Options

aliwibble said:

Yes....I saw it too & thought the same. Jon Snow had a mare.

I now reckon we wont leave the EU. Maraide MaGuinnes was adamant there could not be a border in Ireland.....and the backdrop definitely had yo be in place. The EU won't budge that's for certain. I have been saying for months.....we simply can not leave the EU if Brexit is to mean Brexit.

Although the bloke from the DUP did say on C4 earlier that there is nothing in the GFA about a border between the 2 countries. Anyone read it ??
    This on it's own may sink Brexit. The EU will logically back one of it's members (Ireland) against the weirdos trying to leave (UK)The sad fact is that a lot of the negotiating seems to have been done by people who want to take the UK back to 1880, with policemen riding bicycles across the village green, workhouses and everyone knowing their place, Sadly, it's 2018, and the UK needs to trade with other nations, which means making agreements to do so. As much as village numpties like Gove and Boris think we can just waltz up to the negotiating table, slap down a few demands, and be met with humilliated agreement by a bunch of Johnny foreigners, negotiations take two to agree, and we have to accept that. It basically makes hard brexit impossible to achieve without grinding the country to a halt.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I'm confident that both Labour and Conservatives are equally capable of screwing things up. Useless across the board...

I think I'll back labour. Part of me refuses to believe it could be any worse. The other part of me (the part that licks 9v batteries) thinks that if it could get worse, I think I'd like to see it.
    You couldn't have lived through the 1970's then. Trade Unions. The fact that the current Labour Manifesto was co-written by them should strike fear into everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I bet you didn't read the last Labour manifesto. Your critique of it would be the better for that I suspect! If you have read it, maybe it would be better to share the bits you don't or didn't like.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

I think I'll back labour. Part of me refuses to believe it could be any worse. The other part of me (the part that licks 9v batteries) thinks that if it could get worse, I think I'd like to see it.
    You couldn't have lived through the 1970's then. Trade Unions. The fact that the current Labour Manifesto was co-written by them should strike fear into everyone.
    Quite right, born in 1980. For me it's all about the rampant, delicious capitalism.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!