Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW POLL - Did you attend Saturday or not?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2017
    My usually faithful freebie didn't contact me and I haven't heard from him since :disappointed: .
  • Options

Had friends over from Eastbourne, if they hadn't been there would have probably persuaded my son to go but he is not very interested at the moment.

Would rather do something else and watch the goals on TV :-1:

Goals on TV, that can make for a quiet time if your waiting for us to score.
    I bet Palace fans enjoy watching the goals on tv
  • Options
    Been a year and a half since I binned my season ticket. Was starting to get tempted. At this point I'm not sure if I'm boycotting or just can't be arsed.
  • Options

Not while Roland and the puppet are there

Isn't that a little victory for them then?
  • Options

Be interesting to find out those who happily watched the game through iFollow and were in the UK at the time.

Guess there will be some people who'll take advantage of this now and wont be interested in returning to the Valley because watching online is a lot cheaper than attending in person... Will certainly be interesting come the December / January games when you have the choice of watching from the warm comfort of your home or risk your balls freezing and falling off in the stands

My friend did. ;)
  • Options

My usually faithful freebie didn't contact me and I haven't heard from him since :disappointed: .

sounds like my recent ex-fwb......or as Golfie Jnr has told me is now "netflix & chill"
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Not while Roland and the puppet are there

Isn't that a little victory for them then?
    Well they have not had many victories since they have been in charge
  • Options
    I'm afraid if they if they perceive it as a victory, large or small I really don't care anymore to be honest. I just follow the results now, I still want those in Red Shirts to win everything, but I feel sick to my stomach when I see various groups associated with the clubs name being used to promote their cause.
  • Options

Gave it a lot of thought, but it was one of my rare opportunities to go as I was in the country, but having been to Bristol Rovers and Southend, the atmosphere was subdued as was the attendance even though we won! Then after losing to Wigan and Gillingham I decided to not go and spent time with my family instead. I was more than willing to give it ago this season as and when I could, but the place doesnt seem the same and its sad to see the ground so empty, Im not sure it will recover quickly even if RD sells up...I fear long term damage my have been done. I respect those that still go and I will go again sometime this season, but as i said the old place just doesnt seem the same. I was there when attendances would be 4-5k back in the late 60's, but the atmosphere genertaed then seemed so much better. Strange I know!!

Not being funny, but while the crowds have been poor, to me the atmosphere has been pretty good this season. I've been to away matches when the home supporters have hardly sung at all, which isn't the case at The Valley.

Sorry I should have added that, yes while the atmosphere was to me subdued it was by no means a graveyard, but from where I was sitting in the East Stand both Rovers and Southend fans made a lot of noise, could be the design of JS stand that helps. However the point I was making is that I thougt that 4-5 k of home fans in the late 60's were more voiciforous, thats not having a 'go' at todays Covered End crowd, I just think that currently something is missing and that might well be the fact that we continue to 'stumble on' under the current ownership, with many in attendance knowing that we are short on squad numbers and any injury to Josh would be difficult to replace at the moment. Its a bit like a fear factor I suppose, but then I'm old and perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me!!
  • Options
    I wasn't there and won't be there until the owners are gone. Boycott, Boycott, Boycott!!!!

#notapennymore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

HandG said:

I wasn't there but I have an ST so would have been included as part of the 9900 or so.

then vote no then mate (and anyone similar)
    Have done, cheers Dan.
  • Options

Would rather do something else and watch the goals on TV :-1:

Would rather do anything else at the moment and don't even bother to watch the goals on the TV!

Same here.
  • Options
    Still a closer split than I was anticipating
  • Options
    edited September 2017

What percentage of CL members live abroad afka
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Lower than you'd think (under 5%). When we did a survey a few years ago of 750 members, 92% were living in England.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You mean North London? :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2017

clb74 said:

Lower than you'd think (under 5%). When we did a survey a few years ago of 750 members, 92% were living in England.
    That low
    When you done the poll I thought what's the point if got 10-15% living abroad
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Was there, and was at Wigan. Just by chance you did this survey for my annual visit to the UK. First time since 2015/2016 and may be my last visit to the Valley for several years, if my pesky family and friends will stop getting married that is.
  • Options
    I went - not sure why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im a 5%er until January :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017

So with the interesting debate after the weekend in terms of attendances, be interested to see even the roughest of snapshots of how much our fan base is currently active on any given Saturday.

So did you attend Saturday? Loads of variables in play in why it might have been a rare attendance as you live aboroaf, or a rare absence because you were working or on holiday. Just simply, were you at The Valley on Saturday?

Just seen that the poll is showing 66-33 not attending last Saturday,......which is making me think that this site isn't going to be worth it soon. If 2/3rd's of those posting don't go, why are we discussing CAFC matters ?? Might as well talk about Welling, getting p**sed or whatever else the vast majority of you are now doing between 3 & 5pm on a saturday.
  • Options

So with the interesting debate after the weekend in terms of attendances, be interested to see even the roughest of snapshots of how much our fan base is currently active on any given Saturday.

So did you attend Saturday? Loads of variables in play in why it might have been a rare attendance as you live aboroaf, or a rare absence because you were working or on holiday. Just simply, were you at The Valley on Saturday?

Just seen that the poll is showing 66-33 not attending last Saturday,......which is making me think that this site isn't going to be worth it soon. If 2/3rd's of those posting don't go, why are we discussing CAFC matters ?? Might as well talk about Welling, getting p**sed or whatever else the vast majority of you are now doing between 3 & 5pm on a saturday.
    I take it you are joking.
  • Options
    Was working, but in the past I would have taken annual leave. In the past though I would have had a season ticket, but not until the Rat and his friends take a wrong route down their sewer.
  • Options
    It'd be interesting to know how many of those staying away at the moment will truly reconnect with the club after a change in ownership. I know that's the intention, but there are so many saying they don't even bother to watch the goals, or even check the scores, that you have to wonder.
    If you fall out of love with someone, is it possible to fall back in love just because you want to?

It's a risky game, is all I'm saying
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

It'd be interesting to know how many of those staying away at the moment will truly reconnect with the club after a change in ownership. I know that's the intention, but there are so many saying they don't even bother to watch the goals, or even check the scores, that you have to wonder.
    If you fall out of love with someone, is it possible to fall back in love just because you want to?

I agree 100%. It may all depend on whether the ownership change coincides with a run of good form. Hopefully we will find out very soon !
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Hex said:

JamesSeed said:

I agree 100%. It may all depend on whether the ownership change coincides with a run of good form. Hopefully we will find out very soon !
    You'd hope there’d be a decent turn out for that first match.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Worth noting @JamesSeed thst this does happen all the time. I can see many people I know in those Mercury mugshots who have fallen out of love with Charlton / football and not been going at all long before Roland and Meire rolled up.

It's just majorly escalated since then.
  • Options

Worth noting @JamesSeed thst this does happen all the time. I can see many people I know in those Mercury mugshots who have fallen out of love with Charlton / football and not been going at all long before Roland and Meire rolled up.

It's just majorly escalated since then.

I think many have fallen out of love with football itself - all the hype around the Prem hasn't really helped fans to feel connected.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Bit of a strange comment Golfie. Even when our home attendance was double notnthat many years ago I would not have expected the ratio of posters to attend any given Saturday to be much higher than 60%.

It's to be entirely expected that the number of posters attending has fallen. We've seen home attendance fall 7,000 in five years and 14,000 in ten years. I'm actually surprised it's as high as 37%. It may well be lower, only a third of the members who logged on yesterday participated in the poll so could have been a different result if everyone had contributed. But I can't force people to open a thread and click a button!