Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walsall vs Charlton: post match views

Comments

• Options
    I'm really not surprised, most games it's a knife edge with us between a win or a loss. We can quite easily score at times but unless it's at least three we are more than capable of letting in two a game. We then have games where we score a blank.

We've let in on average 1.4 goals a game, to do that and have a chance of promotion (even play offs) we'd need to score over 100 goals, we're averaging 1.6 a game/74 a season.

I'll be interested to see their last goal, straight from the kick off, 30 yarder, sounds like we switched off - wheres the captain making sure everyone is switched on.

No win in 4........ Fleetwood away followed by Peterborough at home...... this could get squeaky.

Watch out, here comes Roly...........
  • Options
    Beat Fleetwood Saturday and we open a 4 point gap on them
  • Options
    Jesus, he missed a large lump of last season out to injury too.

• Options
    clb74 said:

Beat Fleetwood Saturday and we open a 4 point gap on them

Whoopee.

• Options
    Listened on Valley Pass, so only a very general impression through Terry's commentary (and a very good job he did too, on his tod). Very disappointing not to hold on for the win after Ricky's moment of magic but, on the balance of play, it sounded like a fair result and a decent point. Walsall certainly sounded like they were the better team for the last hour, which also reflects the views of the travelling faithful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWR

Was listening.

Dominated early but didn't make it count. Magennis unlucky that keeper pulled off a blinder.

They grew into the game (always gonna happen but we should have had more of a lead to work with).

They dominate for large periods of second half we have a few lucky let offs at the back such as allowing them a free header which Wilson somehow didn't connect with.

We finally got into the second half but didn't seem like scoring. Loads of balls into or across the box but no one getting on the end of them. Was crying out for Jacko to come on and get in the box. Can't rely on Ricky to score a wonder goal every game.

Couldn't defend the lead for more than 30 seconds.
  • Options

From @Ketman

First half excellent first thirty minutes should of been 2-0 up after Magennis hit post at 1-0. Walsall came into game after half hour and scored before half time after some pressure.

Second half we were not at races at all. Walsall deserved to be in front the small lad in middle of park for them ran game. We score from our only shot on target second half and what a cracking volley from Holmes it was two mins from end and Walsall deservedly equalised straight from kick off but we did not touch ball from the kick off.

Disappointing performance but I will take the point.

Ketman.......now there's a rave from the grave!
  • Options

From @Ketman

First half excellent first thirty minutes should of been 2-0 up after Magennis hit post at 1-0. Walsall came into game after half hour and scored before half time after some pressure.

Second half we were not at races at all. Walsall deserved to be in front the small lad in middle of park for them ran game. We score from our only shot on target second half and what a cracking volley from Holmes it was two mins from end and Walsall deservedly equalised straight from kick off but we did not touch ball from the kick off.

Disappointing performance but I will take the point.

Ketman.......now there's a rave from the grave!
    Your fucking fault the draw telling me you ain't seen an away win in how many games

• Options
    Belgian deja vu.
  • Options

We didn't warn up any subs yet made the Kag change

We are shit defensively and pay this tippy tap shit sideways football too slowly

Worldy from Ricky was a real highlight

In the curry house with brunello and going to get on the piss

Thought that was you! I'm the bloke who ordered a Guinness to watch them get a can and a machine
  • Options
    Was out so wasn't able to watch and listen. Mentioned after the Gills game I think we lack leaders especially when things aren't going well.

Losing Pearce is a blow as he's the only one who talks.
  • Options
    Free header for the knock down leading to there goal, no urgency to defend a late lead! Need to be putting body's on the line to claim 3 points.
  • Options

Don't panic . Reeves will be fit come February...

Which February?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs would have brought on another defender when 2-1 up on 88 mins, and we would have won.
    Jacko for JFC perhaps.
  • Options

We didn't warn up any subs yet made the Kag change

We are shit defensively and pay this tippy tap shit sideways football too slowly

Worldy from Ricky was a real highlight

In the curry house with brunello and going to get on the piss

Thought that was you! I'm the bloke who ordered a Guinness to watch them get a can and a machine
    Ha ha you back in the hotel now
  • Options

Curbs would have brought on another defender when 2-1 up on 88 mins, and we would have won.
    Jacko for JFC perhaps.

They scored something like 10 seconds after kick off. I like to think KR would have brought on Sarr and/or Jacko but there really wasn't time.
  • Options
    One more thing to add then gonna take the dog on a walk and make some work calls:

We lack confidence but also just a bit of dumb luck. We've conceded two 25-yard top corner curlers in the last two games. Tonight's could have been defended better, we could have played better, but on another night it goes wide and we win. It's the sort of thing that happens when you're not playing well and you lack confidence.
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights. Fosu lucky to score through the goalies legs & on another day it would have been saved. Terrible defending for their first goal - not only did we not stop the cross but no-one tracked the bloke who scored - 3 defenders stood looking whilst he ran in unmarked. I've seen better defending on a sunday morning after the fat lads have been out on the lash with Ben Stokes.

started the season off well but it all started to fall apart after transfer deadline day.......no back up & what we have is so ineffectual KR doesn't want him to play.

I don't need oh-ah to state the bleedin' obvious. 0% promotion
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I'm really not surprised, most games it's a knife edge with us between a win or a loss. We can quite easily score at times but unless it's at least three we are more than capable of letting in two a game. We then have games where we score a blank.

We've let in on average 1.4 goals a game, to do that and have a chance of promotion (even play offs) we'd need to score over 100 goals, we're averaging 1.6 a game/74 a season.

I'll be interested to see their last goal, straight from the kick off, 30 yarder, sounds like we switched off - wheres the captain making sure everyone is switched on.

No win in 4........ Fleetwood away followed by Peterborough at home...... this could get squeaky.

Watch out, here comes Roly...........

Fleetwood (who won 3-0) away followed by Peterborough with no Josh or DaSilva.

We really could have done with the 3 points tonight
  • Options
    Two points from twelve is not promotion form....