Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Afternoon Tea

Afternoon tea!?!?!
What in the actual feck?!?!
Jeez I'm glad I'm in Eire now.
What have they done to my club???????

Comments

• I love an orange club and a cup of tea
  • Scones served with clotted cream & jam.

Big question, cream or jam first?
  • Scones served with clotted cream & jam.

Big question, cream or jam first?

cream
  • I love an afternoon tea. But will I love this? It depends on how much scorn is thrown at the idea ;)
  • And it's cream first, anyone who disagrees is a savage
  • WSS said:
    Does the £25 include the £15 upgrade to a padded seat? £25 is a lot of money for some cake and sandwiches!
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry is confirmed non-savage. Actually after what he said about Yes he's still a savage, sozzles
  • So is Big Bob going to be made to don a pinny whilst he serves the prawn sarnies?
    A la Mrs Overall.
    My word.
    What a debacle.
  • Charlton Park Cafe does an excellent afternoon tea. So good in fact that I've never made it as far as Charlton House and its own afternoon teas. What are they like?
  • Scone as in cone and throne and tone

Cream first as it's acting like the butter. If you had butter and jam on a scone you wouldn't put jam then butter would you?
  • sam3110 said:

Scone as in cone and throne and tone

Cream first as it's acting like the butter. If you had butter and jam on a scone you wouldn't put jam then butter would you?

butter frist to act as butter, then jam then finally cream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Afternoon tea is a growth industry, the British Museum one is nice, but making a decent cup of tea remains an art very few can master, and I don't expect Charlton Athletic can manage it, after all they serve UHT long life milk on the concourses.

I am tempted to sign up for this and would then demand my money back if it isn't perfect in every way, please devil on my shoulder, don't tempt me.
  • WSS said:

The unnecessary capitalisation of words after commas offends me as much as the event itself.

Small P for Prosecco - capital A for "assorted". Yikes!
  • I love an orange club and a cup of tea

That's why you support Hearts jambo ;-)
  • I'd prefer afternoon tea to Lady-T to be honest.
  • Milk first
  • It is impossible to see any club menus anyway. They advertised a Lasagna event recently, but there was no way of finding out the vegetarian alternative if there was one. This talks of an assortment of sandwiches but no clue as to the content of those sandwiches.
  • will it be a tea dance too?
  • WSS said:
    Does the £25 include the £15 upgrade to a padded seat? £25 is a lot of money for some cake and sandwiches!
    At that price I think it's an upgrade to a padded cell...