Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Afternoon Tea

Comments

• Options
    Ah, but just as important......does one say....... scon or scown?
  • Options

It's as likely to be the catering company's idea as the club's. I think they dropped a brick when they did up the Vista Lounge and have been scrambling to sell it ever since. And no, it doesn't matter of itself, but I think the club should try to avoid putting out publicity material in its name with such childish errors in it.

Which one is the vista lounge, it's been a while! ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

It's as likely to be the catering company's idea as the club's. I think they dropped a brick when they did up the Vista Lounge and have been scrambling to sell it ever since. And no, it doesn't matter of itself, but I think the club should try to avoid putting out publicity material in its name with such childish errors in it.

Which one is the vista lounge, it's been a while! ;)
    Rear of upper west.
  • Options
    Nobody's told me if the Charlton House teas are worth it yet. Am I supposed to consult Tripadvisor or something? Ffs
  • Options
    At the right time and place you can't beat a cup of rosey lee and a scone with cream and jam. But I'd need to know;

a) what tea is it
    b) what cream is it

I bet the sandwiches are prawn.......

And on the cream or jam first, what a ridiculous question, it's the cream first every time :wink:
  • Options
    There aren't enough facepalm memes in the world...
  • Options
    And the clue to just how unpopular this sort of thing is, is right at the bottom: 'Just Pop Along, No Need To Book'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all know the Cornish are wronguns, no wonder they put jam on the bottom. Give them their independence I say.
  • Options
    I saw the thread title, and thought oh this will be interesting, I could highly recommend the Goring Hotel in London, wasn't thinking Charlton would be doing it, what a joke!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think it's a big deal.
    I had a season ticket for forever to CAFC before I moved abroad to go and watch football, see a few friends/family and every now and then be thoroughly entertained by the sport I saw before me.
    I never went for the music, dancing, food, movies, rugby etc etc
    All those things I could and did do separately at venues befitting the experience.
    I want my once beloved club to just concentrate on putting money into a decent side that entertains and perhaps, just perhaps, the crowds may come back.
    Fecking eejits, the lot of them.

But isn't there the possibility that other people go for reasons that you don't/didn't ?

"Afternoon tea" isn't my style, but neither are half the things that go on around match days at the Valley but provided they don't interfere with my enjoyment (and having never been in the Vista Lounge in my life I doubt this wonderful offer will) then I can't see how it could possibly be "a big deal"?
    Yeah you're right.
    I shouldn't give a shit.
    I shouldn't care that they're trying to attract a completely different type of person to watch football nowadays.
    But I do.
    Funny that.
  • Options
    It's my birthday the day before. Please don't give my wife any ideas for a birthday surprise if you see her.
  • Options
    We would never have known to until you mentioned it TMA, so is that actually a hint?
  • Options
    Stig said:

se9addick said:

I think it's a big deal.
    I had a season ticket for forever to CAFC before I moved abroad to go and watch football, see a few friends/family and every now and then be thoroughly entertained by the sport I saw before me.
    All those things I could and did do separately at venues befitting the experience.
    I want my once beloved club to just concentrate on putting money into a decent side that entertains and perhaps, just perhaps, the crowds may come back.

But isn't there the possibility that other people go for reasons that you don't/didn't ?

"Afternoon tea" isn't my style, but neither are half the things that go on around match days at the Valley but provided they don't interfere with my enjoyment (and having never been in the Vista Lounge in my life I doubt this wonderful offer will) then I can't see how it could possibly be "a big deal"?
    Yeah you're right.
    I shouldn't give a shit.
    I shouldn't care that they're trying to attract a completely different type of person to watch football nowadays.
    But I do.
    Funny that.
    If it was any other ownership, I'd say it was quite benign. What's the harm? If a few people prefer a pot of tea rather than a pint, so what?

But it's not any other ownership. It's the people who have been tearing this club apart with their pathetic ideas and lamentable incompetence. Frankly they are not trustworthy enough to run a tea party. I'll therefore view this with the same hatred and suspicion I use to view all their activities.
    On a serious level for once, I would have thought it would have been a good idea if they had replaced the food stalls outside(when they had them) with little bars selling Belgian beers.

The dwindling support I'm sure would make this venture worthwhile even now if they started it.
  • Options

Stig said:

se9addick said:

I think it's a big deal.

Yeah you're right.
    I shouldn't give a shit.
    But I do.
    Funny that.
    If it was any other ownership, I'd say it was quite benign. What's the harm? If a few people prefer a pot of tea rather than a pint, so what?

But it's not any other ownership. It's the people who have been tearing this club apart with their pathetic ideas and lamentable incompetence. Frankly they are not trustworthy enough to run a tea party. I'll therefore view this with the same hatred and suspicion I use to view all their activities.
    On a serious level for once, I would have thought it would have been a good idea if they had replaced the food stalls outside(when they had them) with little bars selling Belgian beers.

The dwindling support I'm sure would make this venture worthwhile even now if they started it.
    I can see you are warming to Roly and Squirrel face - I knew you would crack eventually.
  • Options

Stig said:

se9addick said:

I think it's a big deal.

Yeah you're right.
    I shouldn't give a shit.
    But I do.
    Funny that.

I can see you are warming to Roly and Squirrel face - I knew you would crack eventually.
    I like to give a balanced view!

Besides, Duchatelet needs the revenue.........
  • Options
    We should show up and create our version of the Boston tea party.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's my birthday the day before. Please don't give my wife any ideas for a birthday surprise if you see her.

I’m seeing her later (it is Thursday after all) :wink: - i’ll Mention it to her.
  • Options

I’m seeing her later (it is Thursday after all) :wink: - i’ll Mention it to her.
    With his user name Dicky I'm not surprised.

You dirty randy devil.
  • Options

We should show up and create our version of the Boston tea party.

Here's some options for the big event:

- We buy a packet of PG Tips and ceremoniously dump it in the Thames.
    - We send a crack squad of gatecrashers to the afternoon tea and disrupt the waiting staff by asking endless questions regarding the sandwiches and whether or not they are vegetarian.
    - We nominate their leaflet for a 'Foot in Mouth' award with the Campaign for Plain English. That reminds me, I nominated Duchatelet's rant last year. I never heard anything back from them though, so I checked on their website this morning and found that for some reason the bloody pinkos had decided that Boris Johnson, Donald Trump and Sarah Palin were all more worthy.
    - We disrupt a match by each throwing a tea bag on the pitch.
    - We all get seats near the directors box and annoy Meire by shouting 'Hey Monkey' at her in the style of Johnny Vegas.
    - We annoy Sue Parkes by sending her a fake free ticket to The Great British Bake Off.
    - We send and elite task force to St Truiden to humiliate Two Shats by de-bagging him and laughing at his little withered tea bag... [err, I think think that's enough, we've hit the nadir there].
  • Options
    With the Peterborough game postponed due to international call ups, the afternoon tea has also been postponed
  • Options
    You just beat me to it.
    What a shame.
    I do hope the prawns won't go to waste ;-)
  • Options
    You can stop frothing at the mouth now...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Options

You can stop frothing at the mouth now...

Only Scott Minto (still) makes me do that :-D