Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mbappe

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Which Ronaldo?

Having seen Messi and Ronaldo live, Ronaldo pips Messi.

Fat Ronaldo based on games I've seen on TV - he wasn't near them as an all rounder... But finisher probably pips them both.

CR

• Detective Paulie on the case!
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61528610

£200m in 2 years.

Then will probably go to Real anyway.

Not bad work if you can get it.
  • Modern day football has sort of turned into trying to please 14 year old boys who play FIFA. This talk of him picking the coach etc.  

£200m in 2 years.

Madrid will always be interested in the best players but i wonder if he's burnt his bridges there. He's basically led them on for 2 years, told them he wanted to sign, even according to his mum actually agreed a contract offer then at the last minute he's changed his mind.

Also as a result of him expecting to sign, Madrid also didn't push for Haaland, so they've missed out on both players. Perez must be fuming as well as the la Liga boss Tebas too. He hates City and PSG for obvious reasons (oil money) and now they've got both players.
  • And still only 23. Frightening to think the sort of fortune he will have amassed by the time he retires. 
  • Absolutely quality and will be at the very top for a long time, but would definitely rather have Haaland is a prem club. Far more suited to the prem

£200m in 2 years.

Madrid will always be interested in the best players but i wonder if he's burnt his bridges there. He's basically led them on for 2 years, told them he wanted to sign, even according to his mum actually agreed a contract offer then at the last minute he's changed his mind.

Also as a result of him expecting to sign, Madrid also didn't push for Haaland, so they've missed out on both players. Perez must be fuming as well as the la Liga boss Tebas too. He hates City and PSG for obvious reasons (oil money) and now they've got both players.
    If there is one thing I've learned from football, its that if the price is right anything is possible.
  • Sponsored links:

£200m in 2 years.

They’ll have to make a big signing now to save face.
    Salah? 1 year left on his deal, could they make a play for him?
  • I remember doing the Bernabau tour about ten years ago, and on multiple times the club would remind you about how their superstar players are “paid more”, “the biggest superstars” etc.

Felt quite strange to see a club openly bragging about how much they pay their own players - but that’s what suits their identity as a ‘celebrity’ brand. But if anyone else dares try it…..
  • Amazing stuff from La Liga, proper throwing the toys out, they know Real and Barca can't bully PSG and the English clubs, so they are now going down this route. 
  • He was born December 1998

but he wasn't 3 months premature surely?
  • Benzema is better than Mbappe anyway
  • sam3110 said:
    Benzema is better than Mbappe anyway
    Mbappe will have surpassed Benzema comfortably by end of his career. Benzema has been fantastic this season though 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    He won’t sell more shirts though.
  • sam3110 said:
    Mbappe will have surpassed Benzema comfortably by end of his career. Benzema has been fantastic this season though 
    Do you think? People massively underestimate the impact big Benz has had on Madrid, he's been instrumental in their success over the last several years, and whilst possessing immense talent, Mbappe doesn't turn up in big games like Karim does right now
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Do you think? People massively underestimate the impact big Benz has had on Madrid, he's been instrumental in their success over the last several years, and whilst possessing immense talent, Mbappe doesn't turn up in big games like Karim does right now
    I’m not underestimating Benzema who is undoubtedly a superb player, one of the greatest strikers of the 21st century IMO. But look at what Mbappe has done at 23, it exceeds what Benzema did for both club and country. Benzema has had some great seasons but also some relatively poor, low goalscorer ones. Mbappe will need to leave PSG to prove himself and whilst I don’t think he’ll hit Messi or Ronaldo heights, I do think people will be talking about him in 30/40 years 
  • Takes me back to a few years ago on Talksport when Alan Brazil was talking about a player abroad being paid ten million per annum and Ronnie Irani replied 'what's that in stirling?'
  • Wonder how much La Liga had planned marketing, sponsorship deals etc on the assumption Mbappe was arriving?
  • I'd also be a bit pissed off if i was Barcelona.

When PSG activated Neymar's release clause i don't recall any official la Liga letter of complaint. When the leagues wage rules meant Messi couldn't renew his contract and he went to PSG, again i don't recall any complaints about PSG's spending.

But suddenly now PSG keep a player that was already theirs, meaning Real Madrid lose out......all of sudden we get an official complaint, not from Madrid but from the actual league. It's actually ridiculous, does anyone seriously think that the other 19 la Liga clubs are complaining about this? 
    Whilst I totally agree, I do think the increased sponsorship, tv money etc would have benefitted all the clubs. 
  • Mbappe picks PSG over Madrid and Lyon beat Barca in the Women’s Champions League final

• I'd also be a bit pissed off if i was Barcelona.

When PSG activated Neymar's release clause i don't recall any official la Liga letter of complaint. When the leagues wage rules meant Messi couldn't renew his contract and he went to PSG, again i don't recall any complaints about PSG's spending.

But suddenly now PSG keep a player that was already theirs, meaning Real Madrid lose out......all of sudden we get an official complaint, not from Madrid but from the actual league. It's actually ridiculous, does anyone seriously think that the other 19 la Liga clubs are complaining about this? 
    La liga did release (a watered down version of this statement) and report PSG at the time of the Neymar sale to UEFA.

La Liga own the buyout clauses of players and it was when PSG paid the money to release him from his contact.
  • Things already getting a bit heated over Mbappe's new influence within the club. Mbappe has designated himself as the clubs penalty taker, took one and missed it at the weekend. When they got another Neymar took the ball and refused to let Mbappe take it. He scored.

Apparently there was a big fight in the dressing room after with the 2 players needing to be separated. Also rumours circulating that because Mbappe wants to be the star he pushed the club to try and get rid of Neymar this summer, but he has 3 years left on his contract and isn't willing to leave.

To add more fuel to the arguments, Neymar has also liked a couple of posts on social media criticising Mbappe since the game. What a circus.