Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mbappe

13»

Comments

• Options
    Things already getting a bit heated over Mbappe's new influence within the club. Mbappe has designated himself as the clubs penalty taker, took one and missed it at the weekend. When they got another Neymar took the ball and refused to let Mbappe take it. He scored.

Apparently there was a big fight in the dressing room after with the 2 players needing to be separated. Also rumours circulating that because Mbappe wants to be the star he pushed the club to try and get rid of Neymar this summer, but he has 3 years left on his contract and isn't willing to leave.

To add more fuel to the arguments, Neymar has also liked a couple of posts on social media criticising Mbappe since the game. What a circus.
    allow a player to become bigger than the club and you are asking for it.
  • Options
    Things already getting a bit heated over Mbappe's new influence within the club. Mbappe has designated himself as the clubs penalty taker, took one and missed it at the weekend. When they got another Neymar took the ball and refused to let Mbappe take it. He scored.

Apparently there was a big fight in the dressing room after with the 2 players needing to be separated. Also rumours circulating that because Mbappe wants to be the star he pushed the club to try and get rid of Neymar this summer, but he has 3 years left on his contract and isn't willing to leave.

To add more fuel to the arguments, Neymar has also liked a couple of posts on social media criticising Mbappe since the game. What a circus.
    allow a player to become bigger than the club and you are asking for it.
    A la United!
  • Options
    What a twat. He could have got on the end of that if he'd kept going!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Any ideas how we stop this lad on Saturday?

Edit : I don't think he's playing for Morecombe.
  • Options
    Kyle Walker can go man to man on him.  Literally follow him everywhere.  When he goes for a piss at half time I want Walker there. He's the only one with a chance to keep up with him.

Only other option is to do an Italian job on him.  4 or 5 players need to take a booking by taking it in turns to put a reducer in on him and slow him down.  All others we can handle but his pace is devastating.  Stop Mbappe and you stop France

Rice can stop Griezmann, Goroud won't be as effective against English defenders who know his game and Shaw vs Dembele will be interesting too.

Should be a cracker of a game 
  • Options
    Mbappe has been given an ultimatum by the PSG owner. Either sign a new contract in the next 2 weeks, or we're selling you this summer as we're not prepared to lose you for free.
  • Options
    Feels like a really weak threat though, if say Mbappe and Real just quietly agree he'll go there next year on a free.

Mbappe doesn't sign a new contract, doesn't agree to leave, Real don't bid this summer, what are PSG going to do?  They won't not play Mbappe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah i do wonder what will happen if Real don't put a bid in and Mbappe refuses to sign for anyone else. PSG would be screwed because they can't force him to go. 

But having said that, they've lost Benzema and Perez loves a Galactico so it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted him now.
  • Options
    Mbappe will now stay at PSG this season and in a dramatic u-turn is also now expected to extend his contract. Be interesting to see what PSG have said/done to make him change his mind, although there are rumours that the imminent departure of Neymar is one reason.

You can guarantee though that Florentino Perez will once again be fuming.
  • Options
    He will never be considered an all time great until he leaves that tinpot league.

Just let your contract run down and take your pick of Europes best clubs from Jan.
  • Options
    Apparently Real have also not gone for Haaland or Kane last couple of years as they thought they'd be getting Mbappe.
  • Options
    Apparently Real have also not gone for Haaland or Kane last couple of years as they thought they'd be getting Mbappe.
    They'll have to look elsewhere it seems, but I doubt their fans will be happy with any other striker unless they are close to that level at the very least. 

They must have offered him something extraordinary to stay
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    They'll have to look elsewhere it seems, but I doubt their fans will be happy with any other striker unless they are close to that level at the very least. 

I reckon it's because he wants to be the main man with the team playing for him and with Messi/Neymar there he had to share the limelight. With Messi gone and Neymar reportedly about to go, suddenly it's the Mbappe show. That said i'd still be surprised if he isn't a Madrid player in a couple of years. 

In terms of elite strikers around at the moment who Madrid could go for, outside of the obvious ones (Mbappe, Haaland, Kane, Lewandowski) who they obviously can't get, i think that only really leaves Osimhen.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I reckon it's because he wants to be the main man with the team playing for him and with Messi/Neymar there he had to share the limelight. With Messi gone and Neymar reportedly about to go, suddenly it's the Mbappe show. That said i'd still be surprised if he isn't a Madrid player in a couple of years. 

In terms of elite strikers around at the moment who Madrid could go for, outside of the obvious ones (Mbappe, Haaland, Kane, Lewandowski) who they obviously can't get, i think that only really leaves Osimhen.
    I've had the same thoughts about being the "main man" but then Messi left quite a while ago and the fans sort of turned on Neymar a few months ago. Even with Neymar, he would be the main man now. Also, Madrid have a few players who are, or are going to be, superstars and big fans favs like Vini and Bellingham. 
  • Options
    Mbappe is reportedly going to pick up a €150 million signing on fee for joining Madrid!
  • Options
    Mbappe is reportedly going to pick up a €150 million signing on fee for joining Madrid!
    There was a bit in the paper at the weekend about how his mum is his agent and about how impossible she is to deal with.

Nice work if you can get it I suppose but the tone was that she's managed to alienate most of France against her client with her shenanigans and they can't wait to see him bugger off to Madrid now. 
  • Options
    Under the rules FIFA wanted to outlaw "unlicensed agents", including family members, from being player agents unless they had passed the FIFA Agents exam.  Sadly a number of football associations have argued this point along with a few others and so this is currently still permitted and will be for the foreseeable in UK, France, Germany, Spain, Denmark, Italy & Brazil.

As much as she is a pain in the arse to deal with it must be one of the easiest jobs in the world trying to sell her son!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The best bit is that they made out that he wants to join Madrid so badly that he's prepared to take a pay cut to join them. The pay cut is 8.5m per year over 5 years. So 42.5m. He's making more than double that back with the signing on fee, plus Madrid are also smashing their image rights structure for him.
  • Options
    edited February 21
    Sick and tired of hearing about these overpaid overhyped bloody footballers, having to struggle through on 1.7m per year...plus that sign on fee...GITS,🙄
    Mind you, more fool the clubs agreeing to pay that...
  • Options
    Sick and tired of hearing about these overpaid overhyped bloody footballers, having to struggle through on 1.7m per year...plus that sign on fee...GITS,🙄
    And poor old Lyle still gets panned B)
  • Options
    edited February 21
    And poor old Lyle still gets panned B)
    I know...good ain't it...😂