Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 30 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Four of us going Saturday and I'm feeling quite confident. 3.1 Charlton to fire us back into the top six where we shall remain for the rest of the season.
    COYR

A pint of what you've just had please.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

“You might as well keep playing the same interviews over and over again” said Karl after Tuesday’s draw at Walsall, in an extremely rare moment of self-awareness. Maybe he’s as bored of repeating the same old excuses as I am of listening to them.

In other news from Planet Karl, it seems that Jo Dodoo’s Charlton career is progressing nicely. The man who Robinson said “can reach those dizzy heights of quality” (1 September) and has “been excellent. He's fitted into the group really well” (7 September) seems to have gone rapidly backwards. Asked this week why he hasn’t been playing him, Gobshite explained that “he needs to settle down, get used to the club, what we’re trying to do, travelling and playing games again. And then he’ll be a better player for that. But at this moment in time, I feel that what we’re doing is right and at the end of the day it’s my decision.”

Surely when you make a loan signing, you need to pick someone who can hit the ground-running. Seems a bit stupid to me to sign someone up for 5 months if they’re not going to be able to perform at the required level for the first 2 or 3 months they’re with you.

So in terms of options up front, we’ve got Magennis and….and…..nope that’s it. Luckily Reeves and Marshall are now able to walk without the assistance of a zimmer frame, so both are likely to appear at some point on Saturday. Fielding players who aren’t fully fit – what could possibly go wrong?!

This week’s comment most likely to come back and bite him on the arse relates to the inevitable January sale of Ezri Konsa:

They've been asking for a price tag. We’ve got a high one. The boy won't go until they meet our criteria. It’s the same with Ademola Lookman. My argument is if we sell players, there has to be money put back into the team to go forward, otherwise you're devaluing your own team.(http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/648387/Charlton-Ezri-Konsa-Arsenal-Everton-Liverpool-Transfer-News-Gossip (sorry for quoting a rubbish paper)

Good luck with that Karl. My prediction - £5m in for Konsa, we fail with a well-publicised but completely fictional bid for Devante Cole, we extend Joe Dodoo’s loan until the end of the season. “I’m disgusted with the way certain clubs and individuals have conducted themselves” says Karl (yet again).

Anyway, having said that 21st placed Bury have “top players that will compete against teams in this league” as well as “one of the best strikers in the league” (6-goal Jermaine Beckford), he must be dreading the prospect of facing the Galacticos of Fleetwood and 7-goal Devante Cole. They’ve just thrashed Bradford 3-0 at Valley Parade so I think Karl’s nailed on to claim another Charlton record – First Addicks manager to lose a competitive fixture against Fleetwood Town. 2 - 0

Roland out.

This is simply outrageous. I have earned 8 abuse flags for respectfully referring to our illustrious coach/PR puppet as 'Sir Gobby' while this erudite post gets zero flags for using the term 'Gobshite' which is probably more appropriate anyway.
    I think it could be the use of the word "Sir" that's causing people to flag you. Some of the more sensitive types may be offended by the suggestion that Her Majesty might consider giving someone a knighthood just for talking bollocks.
  • Options
    I think we will lose this one. 2 - 0
  • Options
    Positivity 2-1 to the Addicks
  • Options
    In terms of size of club we are to Fleetwood what Man United are to us.
  • Options
    Same team as Tuesday, 2-1 win, josh with both
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Nice one, a member of the aristocracy refereeing.

The younger Lewis brother's namesake.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

can see us getting a pasting on this one, fleetwood 4 charlton 1, obviously hope im wrong.

Well I guess Rosler will want his side to make for their last home game and put on a performance for their home fans of six men and one dog.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am not convinced by 3 at the back unless you have wingers who can track backand tackle. This is one game where I would match them if we make the changes to aaccommodate it.

DiSilva could play left side and maybe Dyksteel on the right for the energy?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

“You might as well keep playing the same interviews over and over again” said Karl after Tuesday’s draw at Walsall, in an extremely rare moment of self-awareness. Maybe he’s as bored of repeating the same old excuses as I am of listening to them.

In other news from Planet Karl, it seems that Jo Dodoo’s Charlton career is progressing nicely. The man who Robinson said “can reach those dizzy heights of quality” (1 September) and has “been excellent. He's fitted into the group really well” (7 September) seems to have gone rapidly backwards. Asked this week why he hasn’t been playing him, Gobshite explained that “he needs to settle down, get used to the club, what we’re trying to do, travelling and playing games again. And then he’ll be a better player for that. But at this moment in time, I feel that what we’re doing is right and at the end of the day it’s my decision.”

Surely when you make a loan signing, you need to pick someone who can hit the ground-running. Seems a bit stupid to me to sign someone up for 5 months if they’re not going to be able to perform at the required level for the first 2 or 3 months they’re with you.

So in terms of options up front, we’ve got Magennis and….and…..nope that’s it. Luckily Reeves and Marshall are now able to walk without the assistance of a zimmer frame, so both are likely to appear at some point on Saturday. Fielding players who aren’t fully fit – what could possibly go wrong?!

This week’s comment most likely to come back and bite him on the arse relates to the inevitable January sale of Ezri Konsa:

They've been asking for a price tag. We’ve got a high one. The boy won't go until they meet our criteria. It’s the same with Ademola Lookman. My argument is if we sell players, there has to be money put back into the team to go forward, otherwise you're devaluing your own team.(http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/648387/Charlton-Ezri-Konsa-Arsenal-Everton-Liverpool-Transfer-News-Gossip (sorry for quoting a rubbish paper)

Good luck with that Karl. My prediction - £5m in for Konsa, we fail with a well-publicised but completely fictional bid for Devante Cole, we extend Joe Dodoo’s loan until the end of the season. “I’m disgusted with the way certain clubs and individuals have conducted themselves” says Karl (yet again).

Anyway, having said that 21st placed Bury have “top players that will compete against teams in this league” as well as “one of the best strikers in the league” (6-goal Jermaine Beckford), he must be dreading the prospect of facing the Galacticos of Fleetwood and 7-goal Devante Cole. They’ve just thrashed Bradford 3-0 at Valley Parade so I think Karl’s nailed on to claim another Charlton record – First Addicks manager to lose a competitive fixture against Fleetwood Town. 2 - 0

Roland out.

I quite like KR's enthusiasm and I want him to do well, but if Largo wants to call him a gobshite in one of his legendary pre match posts, then I'm alright with it :smiley:

Top work again mate, I always look forward to these. I especially enjoyed the bit about Dodo
  • Options
    Cod Army? We'll batter them.
  • Options
    2-1 defeat
  • Options
    @MrLargo brilliant as always
  • Options
    For the last 3 games Gobby has said that we deserved to win (or a similar euphemism) - perhaps tomorrow he might learn to engage his brain before talking, but I fear not.
  • Options
    Robinson will surprise us all with an attacking 343 formation a la

Amos
    Nabby | Konsa |Bauer
    Solly | Kashi | Forster-Caskey | Dasilva
    Holmes | Magennis | Clarke

Stop the leaks at the back and run out 2-0 winners (JFC & Magennis)
  • Options
    Good to see Billy Clarke involved in the above video... Cant be one of the risks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marshall moving very gingerly there... He looks like he needs to work on flexibility
  • Options
    Very windy in Blackpool, and expected to rain tomorrow afternoon, the sort of conditions which will test our bottle...

I remember well a 5-2 defeat at Blackpool in windy conditions...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Assuming Clarke and Solly injured Id like to see us start with:

Amos
    Iron Willy
    Bauer
    Sarr
    JDS
    Konsa
    Kashi
    Fosu
    JFC
    Holmes
    Big Mag

Predicting a hard fought 1-0 to the Addicks - JFC to score.

• Options

Very windy in Blackpool, and expected to rain tomorrow afternoon, the sort of conditions which will test our bottle...

5-3
  • Options

5-3
    Ambrose with two and Fortch with the other I think.
  • Options
    This season already looks doomed to midtable mediocrity which is really disappointing with our start. Lack of squad we all know but it is infuriating. Another struggle on Saturday, 2-0 to Fleetwood.
  • Options
    Despite the recent run of results, KR seems determined to keep playing an unchanged team. I am aware of the saying ' if it aint broke, don't fix it ' but right now we are broke. Millwalls last crowd was actually bigger than ours, our supporters are walking away in droves. Something has to change, for example young Ahearne Grant despite a good work ethnic and attitude, right now is not what we need. We will all have different ideas for improving the situation, but basically we need to take more chances up front and stop shipping goals at the back. Get real KR, or get lost.
  • Options
    Millwall was playing Leeds, nuff said on attendance
  • Options
    Sols is right it's only a matter of time before we paste someoe. In our periods dominance we will have about 3 going in and we won't always find a keeper in top form. One win and we can go another little spout again. Fleetwood will be very tough but if we are clever in dominance and concentrate at the back we are more than capable of nabbing victory there. I think this game could have a few goals. 3-2 win for CAFC.
  • Options
    Crap at predictions so far this season , but think we'll get another draw .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!