Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton under 23s V Liverpool under 23s

Comments

• Options
    We've played them very evenly so far. Should be very proud of this showing. Liverpool have Ings, Ejaria (U20 World Cup winner), Branagan (England youth international), and Harry Wilson (highly rated).
  • Options
    And the referee as an extra man...
  • Options
    Lots of mistakes now. Liverpool pressing for winner.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

We've played them very evenly so far. Should be very proud of this showing. Liverpool have Ings, Ejaria (U20 World Cup winner), Branagan (England youth international), and Harry Wilson (highly rated).

Impressive performance against a decent Liverpool side. Not sure Brannagan is a england youth player though, doubt he will be at Liverpool much longer
  • Options
    Maskell has wasted 3 good chances through the game
  • Options
    Not watching properly and have seen Lapslie before but is it just me that thinks he moves a bit like Scott Parker? Not afraid to put in a tackle either.
  • Options
    1-1 FT
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    We're in a group of four with Liverpool, Stoke and Bristol City.

Bristol City U23s beat Stoke U23s tonight, 3-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How's life treating you paulie ?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Great result. I really enjoyed seeing a game where the players gave it their all.

Like Mascoll and Lapslie. Reece played really well as did Barnes. There's a few that could definitely be bit part players. Beeney isn't one... YET
  • Options
    How come KR was there when we're playing Fleetwood tomorrow?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Not watching properly and have seen Lapslie before but is it just me that thinks he moves a bit like Scott Parker? Not afraid to put in a tackle either.

I was thinking the same, able to put his foot in and drive forward
  • Options
    He's getting a lift up on the Mickey's coach
  • Options

To be fair, it's quite possible to get to Fleetwood in good time tomorrow.
  • Options

And if Reeco had scored a hat-trick, you'd be moaning that he wasn't there to see it, and he should have taken him up to Fleetwood...
  • Options

They'll have chartered a private jet surely?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

They'll have chartered a private jet surely?
    Even better. Taxi from John Lennon to hotel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSA said:

Well played the yoof.

Thanks @GregStubley3 - enjoyed your commentary.

Thanks, mate appreciated.

Great effort from the youngsters tonight. Lapslie is different class.
  • Options
    Good draw against a strong Liverpool side . Lapslie is a real midfield dynamo and would be in the first team if we weren't so strong in that part of pitch .
  • Options

Good draw against a strong Liverpool side . Lapslie is a real midfield dynamo and would be in the first team if we weren't so strong in that part of pitch .

Should definitely be making the Dame Judy
  • Options
    Sarpong Wiredu getting full ninety will be back only for youth cup
  • Options
    should have promoted Lapslie to the full squad, not got in Reeves & spent the stupid twerps wages on a striker.
  • Options

should have promoted Lapslie to the full squad, not got in Reeves & spent the stupid twerps wages on a striker.

Reeves is a very different type of player and lightyears ahead of Lapslie. Lapslie looks like he's gonna be a good un, but I don't think he's ready to play 30 games in League One yet. Don't want to Karlanise him.
  • Options

Should have signed both.

I think not wanting to pay a big fee was probably the main issue rather than wages.
  • Options
    A good team performance as well as some standout players. First time I've seen Blumberg play and he did well.