Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton under 23s V Liverpool under 23s

13»

Comments

• Perhaps lapslie could afford Kashi a rest?
  • Lapslie might benefit from a loan to a club like Exeter or Crewe or even Crawley where the aspiration is to play football. It would be a mistake to over pressurise him at Charlton just now but his development should be nurtured. If we give to him now when he still needs it he will give back plenty in time.
  • A good show from the U23s last night. They played some good football and hurried and harried Liverpool. Lapslie was good as usual. Blumberg the few times I have seen him impresses me, as does Bowry. It was a shame that Beeney made a mistake but these things happen to a goalkeeper. It looks like Blumberg did his hamstring. I hope he is not out for too long.
  • seth plum said:

Lapslie might benefit from a loan to a club like Exeter or Crewe or even Crawley where the aspiration is to play football. It would be a mistake to over pressurise him at Charlton just now but his development should be nurtured. If we give to him now when he still needs it he will give back plenty in time.

It's a good shout seth. Hopefully he'll get a loan in January.

I think for the first half of the season, with all the cups and whatnot, it probably made sense for him to stick around, train some with the first team and play in the cups--get him used to senior football. Next up on the development ladder should be playing regularly, and as you said finding a League Two or Conference team who look to play football would be ideal.

Re: him giving Kashi a break, I don't think he's a natural defensive midfielder, and don't think he has the discipline yet. Think Dijksteel would be the one there.
  • How's life treating you paulie ?

indeed .. welcome back Paulie
  • Perhaps lapslie could afford Kashi a rest?

according to various press reports, premier clubs are 'sniffing' around Lapslie .. get him more involved with the forst team before we lose him to a more ambitious, prestigious club
  • We drearily have to endure Duchatelet salivating to cash in on players, but in the specific case of George Lapslie (providing the club don't take a Dillon Phillips like mickey) his personal development would be better served at Charlton than moving to West Bromwich or somewhere, he won't get a move to mega rich Chelsea or whoever and get into their team, and moving to Crystal Palace or Swansea with subtly different pressure would be wrong.
    Diego Poyet should be a significant lesson for all.
  • How's life treating you paulie ?

More importantly what does your nan think?
  • seth plum said:

We drearily have to endure Duchatelet salivating to cash in on players, but in the specific case of George Lapslie (providing the club don't take a Dillon Phillips like mickey) his personal development would be better served at Charlton than moving to West Bromwich or somewhere, he won't get a move to mega rich Chelsea or whoever and get into their team, and moving to Crystal Palace or Swansea with subtly different pressure would be wrong.

How sad is that.
    It doesnt seem like that long ago they were coming to our place to save themselves in Prem, and we were comfortable mid-table.
    Thanks Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

A good show from the U23s last night. They played some good football and hurried and harried Liverpool. Lapslie was good as usual. Blumberg the few times I have seen him impresses me, as does Bowry. It was a shame that Beeney made a mistake but these things happen to a goalkeeper. It looks like Blumberg did his hamstring. I hope he is not out for too long.

Was behind the dug out. Blumberg's injury was treated in front of me. It was above the knee on the front of his thigh. Was walking reasonably well after the game,
  • seth plum said:

We drearily have to endure Duchatelet salivating to cash in on players, but in the specific case of George Lapslie (providing the club don't take a Dillon Phillips like mickey) his personal development would be better served at Charlton than moving to West Bromwich or somewhere, he won't get a move to mega rich Chelsea or whoever and get into their team, and moving to Crystal Palace or Swansea with subtly different pressure would be wrong.

How sad is that.
    It doesnt seem like that long ago they were coming to our place to save themselves in Prem, and we were comfortable mid-table.
    Thanks Roland.
    Don't forget Murray, Cash, Slater and Jimminez who started ans continued the decline from the Prem.