Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW SIGNING MONDAY?? (ed. Leon Best training with us)

Comments

• Options
    Someone came along and moved the line about 2 miles that way ➡️
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I don't like Mondays
  • Options

I don't like Mondays

Tell me why?
    I want to shoot no, possibly in bad taste.
  • Options
    Which Monday?
  • Options
    The Leon Best rumour is on the back page of today's SLP. Apparently Bolton are our rivals for his signature.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

To clear up the confusion we were signing Nigerian defender Monday James on Tuesday, but Sheffield Wednesday have offered him a better deal and expect to sign him on Thursday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_James

It’s now Friday and this still hasn’t happened? Disappointed.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Scoham said:

To clear up the confusion we were signing Nigerian defender Monday James on Tuesday, but Sheffield Wednesday have offered him a better deal and expect to sign him on Thursday.

NEW SIGNING MONDAY??

Free beer tomorrow.
  • Options
    So are we in for best then ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Next Monday, guaranteed
  • Options
    Sage said:

Scoham said:

Apologies for another mix up. I've heard on Saturday we'll be signing Sunday Mba.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Mba
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Sage said:

Scoham said:

Apologies for another mix up. I've heard on Saturday we'll be signing Sunday Mba.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Mba
    Not your fault @Scoham, it’s typical Charlton. Same shit, different day.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

So are we in for best then ???

Yep.. I'm joining Monday, and I am The Best. 50k a week over 5 years.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

The Leon Best rumour is on the back page of today's SLP. Apparently Bolton are our rivals for his signature.

I assume if it's in the SLP, then the rumour must have some degree of truth then. I can't see Bolton being an attractive option at the moment
  • Options
    Reading this thread...each time I open it,for some reason I keep singing the bloody "Happy Days" theme tune...

AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY (Thumbs Up)
  • Options
    Back of the SLP yesterday
  • Options

Richard J said:

I assume if it's in the SLP, then the rumour must have some degree of truth then.
    Remember, it's not true unless it's in the SLP.

• Options

Richard J said:

I assume if it's in the SLP, then the rumour must have some degree of truth then. I can't see Bolton being an attractive option at the moment
    When has Bolton EVER been an atractive option?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Charlton Athletic boss Karl Robinson has transfer plans – two strikers the target in January window

Karl Robinson wants to bring in two strikers in the January transfer window – a permanent move and also a loan deal.

Charlton are hugely reliant on Josh Magennis to lead their attack until the start of 2018, with the demands on the frontman made heavier by also fronting up for Northern Ireland.

Robinson loaned Nicky Ajose to Bury for the season while Lee Novak was able to complete a free transfer to Scunthorpe United. Tony Watt was allowed to make a permanent exit to Belgian side OH Leuven.

The Addicks boss has rejected rumours that Stevenage striker Matt Godden was at the club’s training ground on transfer deadline day. But he told the South London Press: “We will be bringing in strikers – we’ll probably try and bring in a loan and a permanent in January.

“There are times we’ll want to go two up front and you need to have that. A lot of things have happened and settled. Losing Novak late on was a bit of a blow to us.”

When pointed out that the shortage of experienced forwards is a concern to Addicks supporters, Robinson replied: “To us as well.

“People have short memories. People were very critical of Lee coming in and playing. But we wanted Lee to stay – we never wanted him to go. It was what he felt was best for him. He wanted a fresh challenge.

“It is what it is. We now know where we are and what we’ve got.

“What we can’t do is magic top players from anywhere when one of our players wants to go and try new things.

“If the club has been criticised over the years it has maybe been for being a little bit reactive to things – they have ended up with players who are on the periphery but they have spent a lot of money on. I’ve never been a manager to waste money. People are shocked at the amount I spent in my career at Milton Keynes. I do feel they have to be the right one.

“Mark Marshall, Billy Clarke, Ben Reeves, Jay Dasilva and Jake Forster-Caskey – only Clarke was a tiny fee.

“Some of the signings haven’t been perfect but I’ve always said your outlay has to be on the pitch. It can’t be sat in the stands – it’s a false economy.”
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Charlton Athletic in full control over loan future of Bury striker Nicky Ajose

Charlton Athletic striker Nicky Ajose could face a full season out in the cold after being given the big freeze by Bury manager Lee Clark.

The forward joined the Shakers on a season-long loan before the League One campaign started but has not featured since the end of August.

The South London Press understands that Ajose has fallen out with Clark and that is the reason for his absence from their matchday squads.

He was even only an unused substitute in their recent EFL Trophy tie.

And there is no clause for Bury to break the agreement in January and send him back to South London.

The only way that will be possible is if Charlton decide they need the frontman back as an option or could find another taker in the transfer window.

The Addicks are light in that department following Lee Novak’s exit to Scunthorpe United but manager Karl Robinson wants to bring in two strikers in January – one on a permanent basis and also a loan until the end of the season.
  • Options
    We want to bring in 2 strikers, but the loan will most likely replace Dodoo, so only 1 extra striker.
  • Options

We want to bring in 2 strikers, but the loan will most likely replace Dodoo, so only 1 extra striker.

Considering its Dodoo I think it's two extra strikers
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Considering its Dodoo I think it's two extra strikers
    I'm looking forward to his departure, if only to stop the bloke in front of me repeatedly saying "doodoo" and guffawing every time, as if it were the first time he'd said it
    Dodoo Dodoo Dodoo Dodoo Dodoo
    That's really really funny
  • Options
    Simon Church is available...
  • Options
    I'm now assuming that having looked at who's available and what it might cost the club have decided to stick and wait until January. Hope Josh stays fit.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

ross1 said:

Charlton Athletic in full control over loan future of Bury striker Nicky Ajose

Charlton Athletic striker Nicky Ajose could face a full season out in the cold after being given the big freeze by Bury manager Lee Clark.

The forward joined the Shakers on a season-long loan before the League One campaign started but has not featured since the end of August.

The South London Press understands that Ajose has fallen out with Clark and that is the reason for his absence from their matchday squads.

He was even only an unused substitute in their recent EFL Trophy tie.

And there is no clause for Bury to break the agreement in January and send him back to South London.

The only way that will be possible is if Charlton decide they need the frontman back as an option or could find another taker in the transfer window.

The Addicks are light in that department following Lee Novak’s exit to Scunthorpe United but manager Karl Robinson wants to bring in two strikers in January – one on a permanent basis and also a loan until the end of the season.

We'll probably end up paying a loan fee to get Ajose back
    Actually the most likely scenario is Ajose getting back in the Bury team...after Lee Clark has been sacked!