Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Vegetarian Day .. Sunday 1st October

13»

Comments

• Options
    He says he's doing it to save the planet! He could try not driving too......
  • Options

The entire F1 season uses less fuel than a single transatlantic flight. Just putting it out there.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

The entire F1 season uses less fuel than a single transatlantic flight. Just putting it out there.
    Actually, I've just done the maths, and it's around 10% more than in a single transatlantic flight. But still, for one flight to use approximately 90% of the fuel total used in the F1 season... Yeah.
  • Options

One of those weak vegan types.
  • Options
    Defoe is vegan
  • Options

One of those weak vegan types.

Yes, but he used to be 500 lbs.
  • Options
    Damn Fiiish, how’d you get hold of my holiday snaps :blush:
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Actually, I've just done the maths, and it's around 10% more than in a single transatlantic flight. But still, for one flight to use approximately 90% of the fuel total used in the F1 season... Yeah.
    Blimey - a shocking statistic.

Just seems odd that he's going vegan to help save the planet. Perhaps he could sponsor a rainforest.

The article also said something about his health concerns based on family history. Jesus H Christ if he's worried about health I'd say F1 is probably not a top thing to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm waiting for world twat day. Oh hang on, I don't have to wait.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Can I be patron saint for that one?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    edited October 2017

@RodneyCharltonTrotta - quick guide for you.

vs The main meats:

Cod Fillet (No not in batter) - 63/100g,
    Molluscs and Clams 48/100g
    Lean Beef 36/100
    Lamb (leg) 36/100
    Chicken Breast 33/100
    Pork Tenderloin 32/100

I am astounded at how decent some of the Vegan ones are though, and it has to be admitted plant based food can taste decent with the right seasoning.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

@RodneyCharltonTrotta - quick guide for you.

vs The main meats:

Cod Fillet (No not in batter) - 63/100g,
    Molluscs and Clams 48/100g
    Lean Beef 36/100
    Lamb (leg) 36/100
    Chicken Breast 33/100
    Pork Tenderloin 32/100

I am astounded at how decent some of the Vegan ones are though, and it has to be admitted plant based food can taste decent with the right seasoning.
    Just replacing meat with plant proteins is more complicated though. Plant based proteins are "incomplete" proteins, whereas meat proteins are "complete", as the latter have all the necessary amino acids for the body, or are in a form which the body can absorb.

Thus 100g of lentil or pumpkin seed protein wouldn't be a replacement by itself for 100g of meat based protein, as it would miss certain essential amino acids. To do this would require a wider range of different food sources or food supplements

• Options
    Cod has double the protein than chicken?
  • Options

Cod has double the protein than chicken?

Cod is an excellent source of protein (if you like that sort of thing).

Chicken isn't great nutritionally (according to my hens).