Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

win a kidney

2»

Comments

• Options
    I am just wondering, have any one on this forum relatives or themselves actually gone through a transplant??

As last year my mum had her Liver transplant last year (yes I know not Kidney), however this was not through alcoholic abuse but through a disease she caught when I was born and after 16 years it really affected her (lack of sugar in her blood stream which I was told by the docs) made her lose her mind, and from then on she was on the waiting list untill the day after I flew out to Oz and she was called into hospital for a possible liver transplant... (9/7/07)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Orpy[/cite]I am just wondering, have any one on this forum relatives or themselves actually gone through a transplant??

As last year my mum had her Liver transplant last year (yes I know not Kidney), however this was not through alcoholic abuse but through a disease she caught when I was born and after 16 years it really affected her (lack of sugar in her blood stream which I was told by the docs) made her lose her mind, and from then on she was on the waiting list untill the day after I flew out to Oz and she was called into hospital for a possible liver transplant... (9/7/07)

orpy, 19 years ago I had my own liver, removed, operated on, and replaced after they found a hydadit ;spelling; growth eating away at my liver, also not related to the booze, after my operation I was told that they had removed over a third of it, but I believe its the only major organ that regenarates, I was fortunate that my body could have rejected my own liver, I would have then needed a transplant, I also carry a donor card, but for obvious reasons my liver cannot be used, but the rest is there if anyone wants it.
    T.C.E