Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spanish old bill

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017

Like the NI/UK situation, Spain is desperate to keep hold of Catalonia for political reasons as well as economic.
    And like the EU, any government loses face and prestige when confronted with a 'rebel' breakaway movement ..

The Spanish reaction and the EU reaction to the UK, are motivated by the same corrupt philosophy, bigger is better, more to govern and control, more area where we can through our weight around, although the EU of course has not resorted to military/police tactics. Perhaps it will be different if Macron ever gets his way and a Euro Army comes into being.

Take a lesson here from the Ottoman and Austro/Hungarian 'empires', nations within them demanded and eventually got their freedom and self determination despite often cruel and 'fascist' oppression.

The EU is another example of empire building, and like the Euro empires of old, it will eventually implode.

The Catalans have been under the Spanish 'yoke' for centuries. Many Catalans want independence. For right or for wrong they are at least entitled to hold a vote on the topic free from military intervention by the Madrid mafia. Take a lesson from what happened in Yugoslavia and the break up of Czechoslavakia, you can only keep explosive situations under control for so long

After the millions of words written and debated about the EU over the last few years you are still completely clueless about what the EU stands for and its long term purpose. You are still peddling ridiculous UKIP fantasy and lies.
    me clueless ? .. you are the dolt, not I .. a Franco/German monopoly in the guise of the EU wants political and economic power over Europe .. and all the quislings like Junker (and it seems yourself) are happy to go along with it. In Junkcer and his ilks case for the sake of a cushy job with a nice pension and the chance for a coward to throw his weight around

I now fully understand why Brexit happened. If people are able to believe the nonsense you are peddling then any lie can be believed.
    ex Xray technician .. the radio activity has scrambled your brain GooGoo .. which was no too bright to begin with
    Well X- rays are not radio active of course but apart from that you might be onto something.

Quisling ! QUISLING ....... Seriously ? Are you Captain Manwaring ?

• Options
    Addickted said:

Slightly surprised that so many 'outers' really care what's going on politically in an EU Country.

Let them get on with it - it's nothing to do with us now.</blockquote

but it's still a lot to do with those of us who want out of the EU .. the UK politicians 'tasked' with implementing Brexit are generally lukewarm at best to the idea ..
    any show of force by an EU member against its population or a member state (e.g. Greece) reinforces the truth that the EU has fast evolved from a cosy trading cartel into a political, power mad monster .. so, hopefully more pressure will be put on the timid UK politicians to man (or woman) up and go for a clean decisive divorce before it's too late

• Options

We won 3.1 yesterday ffs
    Can't we all be happy today

wots it got to do with you?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Like the NI/UK situation, Spain is desperate to keep hold of Catalonia for political reasons as well as economic.
    And like the EU, any government loses face and prestige when confronted with a 'rebel' breakaway movement ..

The Spanish reaction and the EU reaction to the UK, are motivated by the same corrupt philosophy, bigger is better, more to govern and control, more area where we can through our weight around, although the EU of course has not resorted to military/police tactics. Perhaps it will be different if Macron ever gets his way and a Euro Army comes into being.

Take a lesson here from the Ottoman and Austro/Hungarian 'empires', nations within them demanded and eventually got their freedom and self determination despite often cruel and 'fascist' oppression.

The EU is another example of empire building, and like the Euro empires of old, it will eventually implode.

The Catalans have been under the Spanish 'yoke' for centuries. Many Catalans want independence. For right or for wrong they are at least entitled to hold a vote on the topic free from military intervention by the Madrid mafia. Take a lesson from what happened in Yugoslavia and the break up of Czechoslavakia, you can only keep explosive situations under control for so long

After the millions of words written and debated about the EU over the last few years you are still completely clueless about what the EU stands for and its long term purpose. You are still peddling ridiculous UKIP fantasy and lies.
    me clueless ? .. you are the dolt, not I .. a Franco/German monopoly in the guise of the EU wants political and economic power over Europe .. and all the quislings like Junker (and it seems yourself) are happy to go along with it. In Junkcer and his ilks case for the sake of a cushy job with a nice pension and the chance for a coward to throw his weight around

I now fully understand why Brexit happened. If people are able to believe the nonsense you are peddling then any lie can be believed.
    ex Xray technician .. the radio activity has scrambled your brain GooGoo .. which was no too bright to begin with
    Well X- rays are not radio active of course but apart from that you might be onto something.

more a cross between Uncle Arthur & corporal Jones ((:>) .. and quisling is a superb adjectival noun to describe traitors ! .. and I didn't know that Xrays are not radio active .. why then the lead shields ?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

more a cross between Uncle Arthur & corporal Jones ((:>) .. and quisling is a superb adjective to describe traitors ! .. and I didn't know that Xrays were not radio active .. why then the lead shields ?
    X-rays are a form of radiation but unlike a radioactive source X-Ray's can be turned on and off in the same way a light can.

Stupid boy ;0)
  • Options

more a cross between Uncle Arthur & corporal Jones ((:>) .. and quisling is a superb adjective to describe traitors ! .. and I didn't know that Xrays were not radio active .. why then the lead shields ?
    X-rays are a form of radiation but unlike a radioactive source X-Ray's can be turned on and off in the same way a light can.

Stupid boy ;0)
    there you go .. even a (nearly) know it all like me can still learn good stuff now and then ((:>)
  • Options
    The thing is Spain is made up of many small kingdoms/regions who seemed to always change hands with whoever the largest faction was at the time in a real game of thrones way.

I think it's bang out of order any kind of vote should be prohibited, what next, they're going to ban twitter polls?
  • Options
    SHG is all kinds of everything, and undoubtedly a good bloke, but a traitor FFS? Seriously?
    SHG cares for his community and significant institutions in this country like the NHS...even keeping the nuclear arms (which I personally disagree with), but a traitor?
    What's that about?
    Who was it said patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel?
    Reading this thread I have to agree they have a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Without wishing to turn this into an EU bash thread, and not de-rail the original thread, but i've now lived in a 'full-on' EU nation for approx 6 months now, and 1) It works and 2) I quite like it. !

As did everyone in the UK since the 70s. Guess what - it didn't !
  • Options

Stupid boy ;0)
    there you go .. even a (nearly) know it all like me can still learn good stuff now and then ((:>)
    Shooters is far too modest to say it but I believe rather than being an "x-ray technician" he was a very experienced treatment radiologist directly involved in the treatment of cancer.

For clarification Lincs perhaps you could outline how many peoples lives you have been involved in saving?

well .. nothing so technical and important as our beloved SHG ..

I m a cancer survivor and now volunteer for the local NHS Trust and local MacMillan group .. mainly visiting places of employment and supermarkets, health centres and the like, handing out literature and advice and sometimes 'lecturing' on the symptoms of various cancers and how to take precautions and live a lifestyle which might prevent or delay the onset of cancer ..
    nothing too grandiose but as Tesco's would have it 'every little helps'
    Glad to hear that but maybe then you should show a bit more respect for the intelligence of someone involved in treating people like yourself? By all means disagree but throwing stupid schoolboy insults around does your individual cause no good and also reinforces the view that some people hold that Brexiteers are basically a bit thick...
  • Options

Without wishing to turn this into an EU bash thread, and not de-rail the original thread, but i've now lived in a 'full-on' EU nation for approx 6 months now, and 1) It works and 2) I quite like it. !

And I've lived in a country that is part of the EU when it wants to be and not when it doesn't suit and it's better
  • Options
    seth plum said:

SHG is all kinds of everything, and undoubtedly a good bloke, but a traitor FFS? Seriously?
    SHG cares for his community and significant institutions in this country like the NHS...even keeping the nuclear arms (which I personally disagree with), but a traitor?
    What's that about?

you're late to the party and as often on here you're misquoting me .. I typed that @Red_in_SE8 was a quisling, not SHG, who is an old sparring partner of mine and when in form can be far more cutting and insulting than even my good self
  • Options

The thing is Spain is made up of many small kingdoms/regions who seemed to always change hands with whoever the largest faction was at the time in a real game of thrones way.

I think it's bang out of order any kind of vote should be prohibited, what next, they're going to ban twitter polls?

Do you mean like Theresa May saying that the Scots can't have second referendum to allow for the impact on Scotland of Brexit for which the Scots overwhelmingly rejected ?

Funny old stuff this democracy innit.

• Options

seth plum said:

What's that about?

you're late to the party and as often on here you're misquoting me .. I typed that @Red_in_SE8 was a quisling, not SHG, who is an old sparring partner of mine and when in form can be far more cutting and insulting than even my good self
    Fair enough late to the party.
    Apologies for thinking you were invoking patriotism to rise SHG.
    Mind you, patriotism is one of those terms, like 'professional' that people define on the hoof to suit their purposes or argument.
    As in Donald Fecking Trump and the American Footballers.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

What's that about?

Mind you, patriotism is one of those terms, like 'professional' that people define on the hoof to suit their purposes or argument.
    Patriotism. Such a dirty word in a pc, left loving UK these days.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

The more I learn about Spanish history and politics the less I realise I know.

Fortunately by reading Charlton Life I can quickly get the opinions of fair, balanced and knowledgable experts

I suspect your tongue was firmly in your cheek whilst typing this ..
    'The Spanish Civil War' by Anthony Beevor is a good and not too difficult or complicated a read about 20 c Iberian politics and internal wranglings which are still extant to this day .. it all goes back to the 8th century Muslim invasion of course .. if it aint the EU, its Islam to blame ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meanwhile....back in Spain....
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

What's that about?

If you ignore it, it might go away.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

What's that about?

Thankyou for the defence Seth and Bournemouth earlier. I hope this thread is allowed legs as it's always interesting to see what the other side of our own perspective is. Know thine enemy ;0)

• Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

What's that about?

You say dirty, I say meaningless.
  • Options

seth plum said:

What's that about?

I do agree about the quisling Red_in_SE8 though.
  • Options

Stupid boy ;0)
    Shooters is far too modest to say it but I believe rather than being an "x-ray technician" he was a very experienced treatment radiologist directly involved in the treatment of cancer.

For clarification Lincs perhaps you could outline how many peoples lives you have been involved in saving?

well .. nothing so technical and important as our beloved SHG ..

I m a cancer survivor and now volunteer for the local NHS Trust and local MacMillan group .. mainly visiting places of employment and supermarkets, health centres and the like, handing out literature and advice and sometimes 'lecturing' on the symptoms of various cancers and how to take precautions and live a lifestyle which might prevent or delay the onset of cancer ..
    nothing too grandiose but as Tesco's would have it 'every little helps'
    Glad to hear that but maybe then you should show a bit more respect for the intelligence of someone involved in treating people like yourself? By all means disagree but throwing stupid schoolboy insults around does your individual cause no good and also reinforces the view that some people hold that Brexiteers are basically a bit thick...
    when I need advice about posting on this site, rest assured I will ask you
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

What's that about?

You say dirty, I say meaningless.
    Seriously ? You don't feel a pang of pride when the National Anthem is played at an Olympics or when looking back at our great history ?

• Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

What's that about?

If you ignore it, it might go away.
    Doubtful !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!