Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monarch Airlines

124»

Comments

• Options

@Curb_It

Have just messaged you B ....just booked on a new flight with Jet2 !

Laters, guys....I'm enjoying a celebratory wine now.

Talk about being in the right place at the right time !

Great news.
  • Options
    Thanks, CE.

It was worth being handcuffed to my laptop all day .
  • Options
    Well done, Jean! Enjoy your trip.
  • Options

It looks as though getting the stranded Brits home will be a bit of a Dunkirk Mk 2 .. there are an estimated 110,000 of them !!

I'm working on this and it is going very well so far
    Do you work for the CAA then PF?
    No, part of the government response
  • Options
    My beloved is going to Las Palmas late November, fortunately it was only the outward flight with Monarch.

With the ticket being only £30 there was no point claiming on the insurance as the excess would be greater.

However, I booked on a credit card and MBNA have been helpful. A lady took my details and advised I would be contacted inside a month, but without knowing the outcome.

Yesterday I received a text message with a link to confirm the claim. I'm not holding my breath as past experiences have ended up being kept out of pocket, I'm just glad I was still able to book a reasonably priced flight to get my wife out there so did not have a double whammy of losing the return ticket.
  • Options

This fella was booked on Monarch

I bet going to the toilet is a problem.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Thank you so much Jean!!! I've been at my desk all day going square eyed and even thinking about going via bloody Düsseldorf

After reading your message just an hour ago we are also off to Tenerifeeee next Friday!!

I'll buy you a bloody bottle next Friday. Thank you again. An absolute bargain to the prices I've been looking at. Was going to lose the accommodation so am very happy!

Thanks!

Fantastic !

Hope you're in seats near ours.....

A couple more pairs of hands could be required to keep young Jakey occupied for 4+ hours.

CUNF !!!

:smile:
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

So sorry both. Just back myself and losing track of time. Thought you had meant November. Yes, 13th October looks much more expensive at £225 one way that day. Really hope you can get something sorted.

No probs.

Out of interest, who was the £225 flight with ?
    Sorry I missed this. Been involved in a conference and this is my first look back on CL. Delighted that you and B got yourselves sorted with flights. I think it was Ryanair. Had a look again just now and Jet2 quote £170, which is the cheapest option.

Have a great holiday both :smile:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

So sorry both. Just back myself and losing track of time. Thought you had meant November. Yes, 13th October looks much more expensive at £225 one way that day. Really hope you can get something sorted.

No probs.

Sorry I missed this. Been involved in a conference and this is my first look back on CL. Delighted that you and B got yourselves sorted with flights. I think it was Ryanair. Had a look again just now and Jet2 quote £170, which is the cheapest option.

You managed to get a RyanAir flight? Hope you know how to fly it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It looks as though getting the stranded Brits home will be a bit of a Dunkirk Mk 2 .. there are an estimated 110,000 of them !!

I only ask because I thought that you might work with my wife - she is Head of Training and Development at the CAA but is, with all hands needed on deck, currently working with the team responsible for organising the repatriation. I don't know much about what's been going on but, from what I can see from the reported news, there haven't been too many complaints from those trying to get back.

Hope that those who have had their hols cancelled manage to claim their money back and arrange something suitable as a replacement. But, most of all, feel really sorry for those unfortunate enough to lose their jobs - they are, potentially, the longer term victims of this. Hope they're all back working sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

No probs.

You managed to get a RyanAir flight? Hope you know how to fly it!
    Apparently it's a doddle, according to O'Leary!! :wink:
  • Options

I only ask because I thought that you might work with my wife - she is Head of Training and Development at the CAA but is, with all hands needed on deck, currently working with the team responsible for organising the repatriation. I don't know much about what's been going on but, from what I can see from the reported news, there haven't been too many complaints from those trying to get back.

Hope that those who have had their hols cancelled manage to claim their money back and arrange something suitable as a replacement. But, most of all, feel really sorry for those unfortunate enough to lose their jobs - they are, potentially, the longer term victims of this. Hope they're all back working sooner rather than later.
    AA I'm working at the CAA in Kingsway today on the 3rd floor in Kingsway