Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2017

Comments

• Options
    sm said:

MrOneLung said:

To be fair to Charles, Without Costings you are nothing !!!!

but the twat then spent the best part of a day working them out. Cost of ingredients divided by number of burgers is not a hard calculation unless you are a management consultant used to being paid an hourly rate!
    Who the fuck would hire him as a consultant ... can’t imagine he knows enough about anything.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

sm said:

MrOneLung said:

but the twat then spent the best part of a day working them out. Cost of ingredients divided by number of burgers is not a hard calculation unless you are a management consultant used to being paid an hourly rate!
    Who the fuck would hire him as a consultant ... can’t imagine he knows enough about anything.
    No, he struck me as perfect consultant material. Refusal to take or even acknowledge any sort of direction, very sharp in the sense of casually pingingblame around and made a real show of number crunching. Unfortunately people like him are the future
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    shirty5 said:

Bad advert for Specsavers

Agree with this, I thought Charles looked as if he'd just got back from a training session for a cross channel swim.
  • Options
    They have a similar task at the start of every series. Surely somebody should have watched and learned even if the bleeding obvious did not come smoothly. The amazing thing was the project leader, after having time to think about it, thinking that him making a call which was ignored at ten minutes to two to those making the turkey burgers and the Brixton location were the reasons they lost the task. Dinner hours falling between twelve and two seemed irrelevant to him.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    robroy said:

That Siobhan on the ladies team was an odd ball.

Was funny when she said "lets send the fit ladies to sell at CW" and then Karen ripped her

Can only assume she realises she looks like Alan Partridge in fancy dress as an 80s business woman and was trying to get out of going to Canary Warf.

Amongst the many errors made by the blokes was going with such expensive ingredients, no one picked up that by choosing bison at twice the price per kilo of the beef the other team used, and then selling burgers for only a bit more, they ended up drastically cutting their margin. Every year on these tasks the ponces this show attracts decide their Michelin star chefs or whatever the equivalent 'expert' in the field would be for each task. They're selling burgers for one day - who cares if the punters come back for more then next day cos you won't be there to sell them. Get the cheapest ingredients you can legally describes as being chicken or beef or whatever and churn em out for a fiver each. Cooking them on a knockoff George Foreman grill is hardly going to win you an AA rosette anyway. They'd have been better off getting a cheap gas BBQ as at least that way they'd generate some smells and smoke to attract the punters.
  • Options

robroy said:

Was funny when she said "lets send the fit ladies to sell at CW" and then Karen ripped her

Can only assume she realises she looks like Alan Partridge in fancy dress as an 80s business woman and was trying to get out of going to Canary Warf.

Amongst the many errors made by the blokes was going with such expensive ingredients, no one picked up that by choosing bison at twice the price per kilo of the beef the other team used, and then selling burgers for only a bit more, they ended up drastically cutting their margin. Every year on these tasks the ponces this show attracts decide their Michelin star chefs or whatever the equivalent 'expert' in the field would be for each task. They're selling burgers for one day - who cares if the punters come back for more then next day cos you won't be there to sell them. Get the cheapest ingredients you can legally describes as being chicken or beef or whatever and churn em out for a fiver each. Cooking them on a knockoff George Foreman grill is hardly going to win you an AA rosette anyway. They'd have been better off getting a cheap gas BBQ as at least that way they'd generate some smells and smoke to attract the punters.
    stop applying logic and common sense immediately. You're fired!
  • Options
    Carter said:

robroy said:

stop applying logic and common sense immediately. You're fired!
    I have to save I'm relieved - event getting through the first week with that bunch of twunts was a struggle. Sugar can keep his money, it ain't worth the hassle.
  • Options
    And also - who the fuck buys burgers out of a carrier bag off some random in the street? Even for a quid for two?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

And also - who the fuck buys burgers out of a carrier bag off some random in the street? Even for a quid for two?

Somebody looking for 60 seconds of fame on TV? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked the girls buying natural chicken and was wondering what the unnatural chicken was like!
  • Options

They have a similar task at the start of every series. Surely somebody should have watched and learned even if the bleeding obvious did not come smoothly. The amazing thing was the project leader, after having time to think about it, thinking that him making a call which was ignored at ten minutes to two to those making the turkey burgers and the Brixton location were the reasons they lost the task. Dinner hours falling between twelve and two seemed irrelevant to him.

the problem is that these people have had any commonsense replaced with ego.
  • Options
    Carter said:

stonemuse said:

sm said:

MrOneLung said:

No, he struck me as perfect consultant material. Refusal to take or even acknowledge any sort of direction, very sharp in the sense of casually pingingblame around and made a real show of number crunching. Unfortunately people like him are the future
    could be worse, he could be a project manager.
  • Options

I liked the girls buying natural chicken and was wondering what the unnatural chicken was like!

Or when one of them pointed out that their burgers were full of meat.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Or when one of them pointed out that their burgers were full of meat.
    Another thing they didn't get called out on - in the board room they claimed they knocked the butcher down from 6 pound something a kilo to 3.60, but the original price was for a different chicken to the one they bought. The one they bought was 4 quid to start with so they only knocked him down 40p.

It'd be like me claiming I knocked a car dealer down thousands of pounds when I went in asking for a Ferrari but came out with a Ford Cortina.
  • Options

Quote of the episode: "Lord Sugar, I tell you I put my hands in that meat and I mixed it!".

She was creepy that one. The type of girl you say a polite hi to on a bus one day and within a week you come home from work to find she's broken into your house and is wearing your dead cat as a hat.

Hmm she killed the cat or taxidermy?
  • Options

Quote of the episode: "Lord Sugar, I tell you I put my hands in that meat and I mixed it!".

She was creepy that one. The type of girl you say a polite hi to on a bus one day and within a week you come home from work to find she's broken into your house and is wearing your dead cat as a hat.

Yup, she is a concern.
  • Options
    I remember when a moderator from this site tried to get on the show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Whichever you find the most disturbing
  • Options

I liked the girls buying natural chicken cock and was wondering what the unnatural chicken cock was like!

Old Karen has experience of selling them.
  • Options

@i_b_b_o_r_g ??
  • Options
    edited October 2017

@i_b_b_o_r_g ??
    I'd sooner be homeless than apply to be one of them back stabbing , with money, who appear on that show
  • Options

Talal said:

Whichever you find the most disturbing
    I've been thinking of doing a course in taxidermy.

It's okay before the veggie / vegans jump on me back, I'm not gonna be eating the meat
  • Options

@i_b_b_o_r_g ??
    I'd sooner be homeless than apply to be one of them back stabbing cunts, with money, who appear on that show
    You've go to admit though, it would make for some great telly
  • Options

Happens to you a lot?
  • Options
    isn't one of them a qualified barrister who earns £175k @ year.....(or so he claims)

a) why is he on the show and
    b) who the fuck is gonna appoint him after this

• Options

isn't one of them a qualified barrister who earns £175k @ year.....(or so he claims)

Maybe he's a bit like our Daisy. Bored with the law and keen to display his spectacular business skills in another field while getting his grinning mug on TV at the same time.
  • Options

One of them has a business turning over £3m (or something)!

I think Charles staying shows how this has become a TV show rather than an apprenticeship. £250k is small change to the BBC with the numbers the show draws in.