Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2017

Comments

• Options

I thought they were both being set up with the costs the clients were willing to pay and Lord Sugar was going to rip into them. Its £2.5k to sponsor a league one game at The Valley for ten people which works out to £250 per head.

They were doing a final at Wembley, I was expecting it to be a lot more expensive.

That's what I was surprised at, as much as I think they keep disruptive characters on the programme to stir the pot I think even Alan Sugar has had enough of how much arguing and noise is going on
  • Options
    I find it baffling how bad they always seem to be with figures. I know their ineptitude could be partly down to editing, but the concepts of pricing and profit margins are relatively straightforward. Candidates seem to treat numbers as if they're these unwieldy, magical beings whose ways can never truly be understood by mere mortals.
  • Options

I find it baffling how bad they always seem to be with figures. I know their ineptitude could be partly down to editing, but the concepts of pricing and profit margins are relatively straightforward. Candidates seem to treat numbers as if they're these unwieldy, magical beings whose ways can never truly be understood by mere mortals.

It's the way they always seem to be doing them on the back of a fag packet on a worktop that bends my head. Watching that stresses me out, let alone being involved directly in it.

They have really over-complicated the tasks this season, this one was the most straight forward and it was still daft.
  • Options
    I just love this show.
  • Options
    Love the "collect some stuff" round. Muppetry of the highest degree. £30 for a spurs scarf summed it up. Such foolishness.
  • Options
    Very poor tonight all round.

The standard this year is so weak.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Love the "collect some stuff" round. Muppetry of the highest degree. £30 for a spurs scarf summed it up. Such foolishness.

I'm fairness they turned down the £200 one! Who knew that a Jew could be so smart with his money?
  • Options

McBobbin said:

I'm fairness they turned down the £200 one! Who knew that a Jew could be so smart with his money?
    I must admit that I was thinking "FFS don't try and haggle with him! He's a proper Jew... Try and angry arsenal fan at Sports Direct!"

For balance, my wife's family are Jewish and support arsenal and west ham. But they are Essex Jews... It's a thing. So I'm told.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

I must admit that I was thinking "FFS don't try and haggle with him! He's a proper Jew... Try and angry arsenal fan at Sports Direct!"

For balance, my wife's family are Jewish and support arsenal and west ham. But they are Essex Jews... It's a thing. So I'm told.
    They'd sell a spurs scarf for £1.50, but only after flossing with it
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

They'd sell a spurs scarf for £1.50, but only after flossing with it
    And I don't mean flossing their teeth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute plethora of uselessness. The lot of them. I'm an unskilled untalented numpty and I'm confident I'd still be in it at this stage.

Most untalented batch so far
  • Options
    To be fair, it is probably quite tricky to find a builders merchant somewhere within the whole fucking capital city.
  • Options
    Looking for Jewish speciality cakes in a Turkish supermarket.
  • Options
    Noticed the south east London woman gave the magazine to them for free. Salt of the earth.
  • Options
    harrison i worked with a few times, as he was a surveyor on a company we carry out a lot of work for, i thought the lot of them were useless, i take it phones were banned?, as i reckon i could find them items in 2 hours.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Absolute plethora of uselessness. The lot of them. I'm an unskilled untalented numpty and I'm confident I'd still be in it at this stage.

Most untalented batch so far

For those who didn't watch the your fired show afterwards plethora means a lot! :smiley:

I liked when they went to a site and asked for bricks. Why not ask for a load of copper whilst they're at it?

Probably my favourite task of the series, internet is banned. Biggest mistake was trying to get there on time. Must have been heart breaking to hear the fine was only £100, the poor chap with the Amstrad.
  • Options
    Exactly - £100 pound fine is a joke.

Might as well take your time, get everything you need and amble up to H.O.L.
  • Options
    the fine was unfair i thought as the losing team again i thought actually done better.

think the right person was sacked from that team tbh.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

the fine was unfair i thought as the losing team again i thought actually done better.

think the right person was sacked from that team tbh.

As soon as Sugar said, "Hello, did you do anything?" You knew he was out the door. Maybe the fine was low to get rid of him?
  • Options
    Joanna and Bushra are two of the most irritating people I have ever seen involved in projects.

They're aggressive and stand-offish at every moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could have got everything needed, bar the Amstrad computer, on almost any main road in North London.

Baffling the lack of geographical awareness some of them have. Doesn't take a londoner to know that driving from SE to SW will take a long time.
  • Options
    Yes, unfair rules. How can you make an informed judgement about whether to collect items or be late, when you don't know what the fines will be ? Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Every year its like the new contestants have never seen this task before.

If I had a shop and they came in trying to haggle with me I'd be like, "Well I know you really need this, and you're all too thick to find somewhere else selling it, and you're in a hurry, so the price just doubled. Take it or leave it."
  • Options
    1947 Cup Final programme did cross my mind.
  • Options
    Aaahh, they're in Belgium.

If only CARD had known beforehand.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    My god Elizabeth or whatever her name is makes my skin crawl
  • Options
    She's such a dick.

Finding it hard to watch with so many idiots knocking about.