Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone cleared their loft lately ?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017

Any old Charlton stuff (other than programmes post 1945, videos and fanzines, sorry) let the museum know before you bin it.

For some sad reason I kept all my old season ticket book stubs from the 1970's and the League Liner rail ticket from our game at Brighton (1974?)
    Very good stuff for the Museum
  • Options

Any old Charlton stuff (other than programmes post 1945, videos and fanzines, sorry) let the museum know before you bin it.

For some sad reason I kept all my old season ticket book stubs from the 1970's and the League Liner rail ticket from our game at Brighton (1974?)
    Henry, you are welcome to them.
    I'll retrieve them from the loft at some point and then maybe we can fix up a meet?
  • Options
    Please do, would love to have them.
  • Options
    I have a spectrum+. microdrive and games etc...in there somewhere. A chipped PSOne with games, 2 original furbies, An inflatable Luke Skywalker speedster, 100s of bloody beanie babiesfrom when my wife collected them! Wallace and Gromitt Christmas crackers that I joked would be worth money one day so I keep as a joke, also some Ginger Meggs comics (Australian Denice the Menace) mint from 1926 worth hundreds each! And a load of junk!
  • Options

The league liner to Brighton was one of the best away days.
    Best not to say too much about what went on in the train that day.

Happy days.
  • Options

Happy days.
    It was in such good repair by the time we got back :wink:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Happy days.
    I really need to meet you mate
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Happy days.
    Not sure when next down the Valley but will let you know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Happy days.
    Not sure when next down the Valley but will let you know.
    :wink:
  • Options

imageimageimageimage

Henry, have pm'd you (i think)
  • Options
    Thanks, have replied
  • Options

Thanks, have replied

Henry, for some reason your message hasn't reached me.
    Can you re-send please.
    (Caution: l am a bit of a techno thicky but I have tried logging off and on again and nothing there yet) :smile:
  • Options
    Try the inbox again now, Tony. I think you deleted yourself from the conversation by mistake. @Six-a-bag-of-nuts
  • Options
    do you want team sheets @Henry Irving ?
  • Options

do you want team sheets @Henry Irving ?

Yes please, teamsheets are great. @Alex Wright
  • Options
    @Acab not sure if you've seen it but I inboxed you too
  • Options

Try the inbox again now, Tony. I think you deleted yourself from the conversation by mistake. @Six-a-bag-of-nuts

Thanks Ben, I think I've got there in the end.
    Can't believe what a techno buffoon I am.

Photo's not great quality, but here they are.

I can bring these up to the game tomorrow if it suits, but won't get there for museum opening times.
    Sadly, I no longer drink before games now, but can meet you or others outside if it suits?
    Otherwise can sort something for a later date via inbox pm
  • Options

Thanks Ben, I think I've got there in the end.
    Can't believe what a techno buffoon I am.

Photo's not great quality, but here they are.

I can bring these up to the game tomorrow if it suits, but won't get there for museum opening times.
    Sadly, I no longer drink before games now, but can meet you or others outside if it suits?
    Otherwise can sort something for a later date via inbox pm
    They are Wonderful @Six-a-bag-of-nuts

I've got the consultation meeting with club about the gates before the game so might be best if you leave them in main reception. I'll in-box you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yesterday I rediscovered a sit on Thomas the Tank engine in the loft that must’ve been there for 25 years awaiting the arrival of grandchildren. Ideal to bring down - now that I have two grand kids - who will both be two next birthday.

Because of the way the rafters lie it was easier to give Thomas a gentle nudge towards the loft hatch. Thomas was surprisingly mobile considering his long period of inactivity and off he trundled happily towards his destination.

However, I could only watch in horror as Thomas’s front bogies dipped over the lip of the hatch and tantalisingly held for what seemed an age, before crashing to the floor below.

Poor Thomas was shattered (as was I). Thomas now sits glumly in a black bin bag awaiting his final journey to that great breakers yard in the sky. :neutral:
  • Options

Yesterday I rediscovered a sit on Thomas the Tank engine in the loft that must’ve been there for 25 years awaiting the arrival of grandchildren. Ideal to bring down - now that I have two grand kids - who will both be two next birthday.

Because of the way the rafters lie it was easier to give Thomas a gentle nudge towards the loft hatch. Thomas was surprisingly mobile considering his long period of inactivity and off he trundled happily towards his destination.

However, I could only watch in horror as Thomas’s front bogies dipped over the lip of the hatch and tantalisingly held for what seemed an age, before crashing to the floor below.

Poor Thomas was shattered (as was I). Thomas now sits glumly in a black bin bag awaiting his final journey to that great breakers yard in the sky. :neutral:

It's like losing a loved one reading that, absolute tragedy!

• Options

Any chance you could shove Roland up in your loft?
  • Options
    no, i think there may a body up there ...
  • Options

Where the hell is Edge Hill?
  • Options

Seem to recall going there before on the way to Anfiejd
  • Options
    You mentioned recently that the museum has received a 'rare' reserve programme from 1923, I think. Is it the fact that it is a reserve team programme that makes it rare?, I have three Charlton FA Cup programmes from the 22/23 season and two Charlton league programmes from 1929. Are they also rare?     
  • Options
    You mentioned recently that the museum has received a 'rare' reserve programme from 1923, I think. Is it the fact that it is a reserve team programme that makes it rare?, I have three Charlton FA Cup programmes from the 22/23 season and two Charlton league programmes from 1929. Are they also rare?     
    Nah, not rare. I’ll give you a fiver for them 
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Yes, they are rare although how rare depends on which games @BerkshireBob

Reserve programmes are rarer because far few were printed but anything pre- 1945 is hard to find.

Stick some pics on here or email the museum at cafchistorian@gmail.com 

22/23 was a very special cup run
  • Options
    Very good stuff for the Museum image
    Lost 2-0 and the Liverpool old bill not a friendly lot. Buses from the old post office station Edge Hill to ground.