Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Oxford v Charlton : 17 October 2017

Comments

• Options

Feck me is that the same Naby Sarr ? He has been brilliant, our best player so far, so confident with his feet and good in the air, one time he did get himself into trouble and had 3 Oxford players surrounding him, he just turned with the ball and was on his own !
    This will be the kiss of death then.

He's been like this since PreSeason
  • Options
    ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

SSN just showed the goal, poor defending

Wouldn't totally agree with that, Solly got in front of his man and got his header away from a good cross unfortunately it fell just right for their player running towards the box who buried it. Sometimes you can't do much about them.
    But we had players around him and someone should have got their body in front as good teams do
    It looked to me as if our defenders were running towards our goal and you can't react that quick to get a block in surely when their player is running on to it.
  • Options
    Started really well and played some lovely football, had a couple chances besides the goal and wasted some good chances to put in a good final ball. Oxford didn't offer much until a smart finish after a poor clearance, and they've got more of a foothold since.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

SSN just showed the goal, poor defending

Wouldn't totally agree with that, Solly got in front of his man and got his header away from a good cross unfortunately it fell just right for their player running towards the box who buried it. Sometimes you can't do much about them.
    But we had players around him and someone should have got their body in front as good teams do
    It looked to me as if our defenders were running towards our goal and you can't react that quick to get a block in surely when their player is running on to it.
    I will reserve further judgement until I see the goal again
  • Options
    I wish my team was as good as Shrewsbury.

Thanks Roland
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Thanks Roland

Be fair, we are only ten points behind them as things stand.
  • Options
    The two sides are back out at the Kassam... #cafc
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Thanks Roland

This is perhaps overly churlish
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Thanks Roland

They'll fall away.
  • Options
    ⚽️ KICK-OFF! Oxford start the second half...

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS! #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017

Feck me is that the same Naby Sarr ? He has been brilliant, our best player so far, so confident with his feet and good in the air, one time he did get himself into trouble and had 3 Oxford players surrounding him, he just turned with the ball and was on his own !
    This will be the kiss of death then.

Yeh Rich Cawley has mentioned that he's taking too many touches on the ball - I dont think he is but will be interesting to see if Oxford target that fact
    Don't really agree with that, think he's just of a different breed of center half than you're used to getting at this level. He had one or two slightly shaky moments on the ball but recovered from both of them because he's so strong and technically gifted. They've clearly targeted him but haven't gotten much joy.

Don't know that I can say anything that hasn't already been said. Had a chance to be three or four up--Sarr missing a header, Holmes missing from a great disguised ball from Josh, Fosu making the wrong decision about 8 yards from goal, Fosu playing a lovely far post cross that Ricky sidefooted over (tough chance admittedly). Then they scored from their only real threatening moment to that point. Solly did well to get to get his body across to head it. Sarr and JFC (I think it was) might have been a bit slow to react but it fell right to the Oxford player and he did what we hadn't done to that point, take his chance incredibly well.

From there it's been more open.

Fosu's goal was excellent. DaSilva has been immense.

If I were KR I'd tell the team more controlled possession. More short passes. They're there to be got at. Just be patient and the chances will come. And nothing sloppy at the back. Stay focused.

• Options

Fumbluff said:

Thanks Roland

Be fair, we are only ten points behind them as things stand.
    Don't forget the game in hand!
  • Options
    Noooo.

Stuck waiting to leave the MIL's gonna miss about 5 minutes!
  • Options
    Tonight's attendance is 7,070 with 689 supporting the Addicks. A big, big thank you to everyone that has made the trip
  • Options
    Anyone else on Ifollow finding the stream is getting more choppy?
  • Options
    49' Jack Payne fires wide for Oxford after wriggling beyond a couple of Charlton challenges. #cafc
  • Options
    50' Holmes is dragged back by Ribeiro but no free-kick is given on the left flank. 1-1. #cafc
  • Options
    What's the refs problem with Holmes
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Nothing except they only see when Holmes pull their players back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Probably the hair
  • Options

Anyone else on Ifollow finding the stream is getting more choppy?

Yep
  • Options
    52'
    Foul by Naby Sarr (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Elementary my dear Dazzler :wink:
  • Options
    55' Close! Oxford head a cross clear and Walsall-esque the loose ball drops for Holmes and he volleys onto the roof of the net. #cafc
  • Options
    Poor from Ricky Holmes. Puts a near carbon copy of the Walsall goal just over the bar from 25 yards.
  • Options
    Gills winning. Whatever next!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!