Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Fixtures

Assuming the Shrewsbury match is postponed due to International call ups, then 8 of our next 9 matches are at home. 5 of the next 6 league games are at home, along with 2 home matches in the FL trophy ( Fulham and Pompey) and the Truro FA Cup match.

Just the trip to Scunthorpe in 6 weeks time. Surely a good opportunity to cement a top 6 position?

Comments

• Why are we assuming it will be called better not be

hope it is .. I cant get down to Shropshire that weekend and I enjoyed my trip down there last season .. even though we lost .. be nice if it were put off until springtime ((:>)
  • Ten of us have bought train tickets booked for Shrewsbury I hope it ain't postponed
  • edited October 2017

Why are we assuming it will be called better not be

It's an international weekend so three call ups will mean a postponement.

Magennis will be with Northern Ireland, Dasilva will be with England youth and potentially Konsa as well.

It's an international weekend so three call ups will mean a postponement.

Magennis will be with Northern Ireland, Dasilva will be with England youth and potentially Konsa as well.
    That's my understanding too, Callum.

As a result of earlier warnings, our group has decided to hold fire on making any arrangements until it's confirmed.
  • Bout time we have a few home games

Has felt like we've had an endless amount of away games with a handful of home (probably isnt the case when you count them)

hope it is .. I cant get down to Shropshire that weekend and I enjoyed my trip down there last season .. even though we lost .. be nice if it were put off until springtime ((:>)
    I expect it will be called off but I believe the FL ask to have any re-arranged games played asap. I haven't checked the next 6 weeks fixtures but I would expect it to be played before xmas.
  • Well I hope we pick up a injury with either of them 3 so they can't be called up.
  • Well I hope we pick up a injury with either of them 3 so they can't be called up.

something tells me you want this game to go ahead?
  • Sponsored links:

• Because there is a large group of us going out on the piss that's why,we have booked the train tickets and I dont want to throw the money down the drain, sorry if that is too stupid for you, but that's how I feel. The football side of supporting Charlton means a lot less than it used to, meeting up with freinds and having a good day out means more, if we win then thats a bonus.
  • Because there is a large group of us going out on the piss that's why,we have booked the train tickets and I dont want to throw the money down the drain, sorry if that is too stupid for you, but that's how I feel. The football side of supporting Charlton means a lot less than it used to, meeting up with freinds and having a good day out means more, if we win then thats a bonus.

I sympathise with your position but did you not realise it was an international weekend so making such plans were a gamble? Personally I don't want us to play a major rival without 3 key players.
  • relax we will stuff em

I had to read this about 5 times before I understood it.

• The Wigan away on 29/12 on Friday is at 7.45 - is this on Sky?

So if it's called off you can have longer on the piss then.

Yes mate
  • Bout time we have a few home games

Has felt like we've had an endless amount of away games with a handful of home (probably isnt the case when you count them)

It definitely does feel that way this season.
  • robroy said:

The Wigan away on 29/12 on Friday is at 7.45 - is this on Sky?

Yes mate
    I never new that.
    It's made me very happy. :smiley:

The game was brought forward at the beginning of the season, SKY have not yet selected the game for live coverage.
  • Sponsored links:

Sorry, I forgot that its all about getting p**sed and nothing to do with football.

Enjoy visiting Salop, Shrewsbury is a lovely place. Don't wish our players get injuries, that's not nice.
  • Does anyone know when a decision will be made on the playing of this game? Would really like to go, as it's a relatively close ground for us, but would be much easier to get to on a weekend than on a work night.
  • I'm in 3 minds about this game going ahead.
    As others have bought half the train journey knowing the game might get called off.
    If the game does go ahead do I really want us 2-3 players down, this is going to be a very big game if going ahead on the 11th if we were to lose could be 13 points behind.
    On the other hand if game gets called off we could start seeing the fixtures pile up if the cup games start gong to replays, do we really want to be playing catch up with the games
  • I'd rather it called off and play them later, when we will be stronger and they will be weaker.
  • I'd rather it called off and play them later, when we will be stronger and they will be weaker.

Your not going then CE
  • clb74 said:

I'd rather it called off and play them later, when we will be stronger and they will be weaker.

Your not going then CE
    Not to the postponed one I won't :smile:

I may go to the rearranged one.
  • If it goes rearranged means having half day driving there and back same day.
  • edited October 2017

I'd rather it called off and play them later, when we will be stronger and they will be weaker.

This ^^^ massive blow if our three likely call ups unavailable. Will give Marshall and Reeves time to get up to full speed and maybe get Leon Best signed up.

I sympathise with those who have shelled out money already on travel expenses for the game but that's the gamble we take. Some you win some you lose.

As for a fixture pile up it provides an opportunity for the fringe / development squad players to get some game time in the cup games and regulars to have a rest.