Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Easter City Break

2»

Comments

• Options
    a shout out for Porto
  • Options
    Lisbon. Wonderful city, loads to do, friendly people and safe.

Some really good deals from British Airways if you do a combined flight/hotel package.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice, done a bit of research online and Budapest is the current favourite. Seems very affordable and hotel/flights currently coming up around £200-220 for both of us which is very good value too.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    St Malo. Train to Portsmouth from Waterloo and get the overnight ferry. Watch England slip away and feel you are actually travelling with none of the bollocks you have to go through at airports, then a few drinks looking out to sea and off to your cabin. Wake up in Brittany for coffee and croissants in the walled town.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

a shout out for Porto

Off to Porto for a week from Nov 7th. Any suggestions? (Sorry for hijacking thread).
  • Options

Thanks for all the advice, done a bit of research online and Budapest is the current favourite. Seems very affordable and hotel/flights currently coming up around £200-220 for both of us which is very good value too.

Take sandwiches as in my experience the food there is foul.
  • Options
    I had no problem with the food mate.....although my palate be quite as refined as @iainment
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I had no problem with the food mate.....although my palate be quite as refined as @iainment

My palate isn't at all refined and when I went I was still eating meat. It just didn't taste nice. We ended up eating only pizza when out.

The city is stunning though. I especially liked the statue park where they'd taken all the communist statues and friezes.
  • Options
    Belgrade ? .. Sofia ? .. Budapest ?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

How about staying in the UK?

Some wonderful places to stay and squillions of things to do. You'd save money on travel to spend on other things.

I'm not even sure you would save money. Hotels in Prague/Budapest are coming up at around £100 for 3 nights. Last time I had a trip in the UK, it cost me £105 for 2 nights in a dingy B & B.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Addickted said:

Some wonderful places to stay and squillions of things to do. You'd save money on travel to spend on other things.

I'm not even sure you would save money. Hotels in Prague/Budapest are coming up at around £100 for 3 nights. Last time I had a trip in the UK, it cost me £105 for 2 nights in a dingy B & B.
    Cant see why there is such a love-in for Prague. Admittedly is was 10 years ago, but when I was there we were continuously being "coerced" into bars where there was a knocking shop attached & even our 5 star hotel had 2 prostitutes sitting outside the lifts (in the full view & knowledge of the staff) propositioning the male guests as we went up to our room in the evening.

Might have all changed now seeing as the prostitutes are now all over here. Perhaps this should be in the EU influence thread.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Cant see why there is such a love-in for Prague. Admittedly is was 10 years ago, but when I was there we were continuously being "coerced" into bars where there was a knocking shop attached & even our 5 star hotel had 2 prostitutes sitting outside the lifts (in the full view & knowledge of the staff) propositioning the male guests as we went up to our room in the evening.

Might have all changed now seeing as the prostitutes are now all over here. Perhaps this should be in the EU influence thread.
    Prague is a wonderful city.

Have been there twice now and both times have not seen either a stag party or a whorehouse.
  • Options
    In Yypre and Gent im
    Sure a beer was 3.50 euro, both really nice places as well.
  • Options

Addickted said:

You say it like it’s a bad thing? :wink:
  • Options

Addickted said:

Wasn’t my experience with Prague at all, went in the same time period too. Beautiful city.

Good number on the blame the EU bingo there though, had to cross threads to get it.