Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton academy 7th most productive in the football league

2»

Comments

• Options
    You can’t get better than the owner telling us we are going for it.  Hard to believe that he has only been our owner for just over a year. He is certainly getting on with things on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    It's great news if it happens.  I thought we needed much better facilities to even apply but never read the rules so was just my assumption.  Frankly, with our academy they should have been asking us the secret of our success and hailing how wonderful it was/is rather than lobbing us in CAT2 but it's a shite regulation and the brains behind it is clearly an idiot.
  • Options
    I think you have to commit a certain amount of money to it PA aswell. Its not just about facilities, although they need to be top notch. Obviously Roland would never do it, so hopefully Tommy can get things done. Especially looking down the road at Palace's new facilities. 
  • Options
    It's great news if it happens.  I thought we needed much better facilities to even apply but never read the rules so was just my assumption.  Frankly, with our academy they should have been asking us the secret of our success and hailing how wonderful it was/is rather than lobbing us in CAT2 but it's a shite regulation and the brains behind it is clearly an idiot.
    It's a great system for "big" clubs but not for anyone else 

We be interesting to see if we're allowed to join the club.

It's not just about facilities, it's also staffing. Ratios of players to coaches but also education, pastoral care, sports science, etc.

Thankfully the "idiot" who designed the system has turned poacher 😂
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Get the feeling that TS and RD have been negotiating on the ownership/functionality of Sparrows Lane and its future possibilities. 
  • Options
    be great if we get it but just hope roddy hasn't been telling porkies again  
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Get the feeling that TS and RD have been negotiating on the ownership/functionality of Sparrows Lane and its future possibilities. 
    It's really unfair of me but when I read the above all I can think of is RD asking for a cut of all youth sales for the next 10 years or something as part of any deal.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    It's really unfair of me but when I read the above all I can think of is RD asking for a cut of all youth sales for the next 10 years or something as part of any deal.
    Wouldn't put it past him
  • Options
    If he can pull this off it will be fantastic for the club