Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Manchester (and Surrounding Areas) Addicks

Comments

• Options

Amongst the general bonhomie of this thread, can we all just agree that it's grim up north? ;-)

Don't knock it until you've tried it :wink:
  • Options
    I like the secret signal. I will use it later and see if any other addicks are out playing !!!.
    I'm happy to help with organising something as well. I live in Warrington if there is anyone out there in this area :-).
  • Options
    Hey! Nothin' wrong with up north!
    I did the opposite to most of you, I guess, as I am from Manchester originally but moved south to university many, many years ago. Married an addick and the addiction began, and yes my family up there do support Utd! Sorry.
    Still however, I am ready to party when he sells up!
  • Options

Hey! Nothin' wrong with up north!
    I did the opposite to most of you, I guess, as I am from Manchester originally but moved south to university many, many years ago. Married an addick and the addiction began, and yes my family up there do support Utd! Sorry.
    Still however, I am ready to party when he sells up!

No need to apologise you can choose your friends but not your family :wink:
  • Options
    @Bedsaddick and @SE7toSG3 are up north too.

• Options

Saulc23 said:

cafcwill said:

Saulc23 said:

I’m living in Stockport. Would love to meet up with a few others who are local. Happy to help with arranging stuff if needed? Can be quite lonely being the only Charlton fan people know!

I used to say I was the only Charlton fan above the Midlands. It seems I was very very wrong

Which part of Stockport? I live in Reddish
    I’m in Bramhall so not too far, I know what you mean I always get the old “someone has to support them” line.
    I think we can narrow this down to 'which road' do you live on.

I'm in Bramhall as well lol
    Looks like there's plenty of us in the NW which is surprising! Next away game up this way should all meet for a pint? Was hoping we'd get Hyde or someone else local in the first round of the cup to be honest
  • Options

@Bedsaddick and @SE7toSG3 are up north too.

How dare you !
  • Options

Saulc23 said:

cafcwill said:

Saulc23 said:

I’m living in Stockport. Would love to meet up with a few others who are local. Happy to help with arranging stuff if needed? Can be quite lonely being the only Charlton fan people know!

I used to say I was the only Charlton fan above the Midlands. It seems I was very very wrong

Which part of Stockport? I live in Reddish
    I’m in Bramhall so not too far, I know what you mean I always get the old “someone has to support them” line.
    I think we can narrow this down to 'which road' do you live on.

I'm in Bramhall as well lol
    I'm 2 minutes up the road in Davenport. Just by the jolly sailor.

I noticed a few familiar faces from the match getting off the train at stockport after the Rotherham game.
  • Options
    More of us here than you think which is good otherwise there would of been about 12 at Huddersfield during our last fall from grace and under 5 at Bolton at the end of that shite season. As it was there were 26 at Bolton that night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Intrigued by how so many Addicks have ended up up north.

What was it? Better quality of life? Moving to be near relations? Work?

Any of you tempted to come back to London?
  • Options
    Well I am working in Beesheva this week @Henry Irving so perhaps I should go to East Anglian addicks meet? East of Woolwich = East
  • Options
    I got a better job. It helped that my wife is originally from the area. My daughter was originally born in Bromley but now thinks she is part of the Cheshire set :-). It is definetly a better quality of life it's just the weather I miss.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to travel up to Manchester for occasional CAFC gatherings
  • Options
    Lytham St Annes looked very nice, when we had a "nose" after a Blackpool away game a few years back.
  • Options
    It's well worth a weekend away during the summer months.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Well I am working in Beesheva this week @Henry Irving so perhaps I should go to East Anglian addicks meet? East of Woolwich = East

Bethsheva is east of Eden
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Lytham St Annes looked very nice, when we had a "nose" after a Blackpool away game a few years back.

No10. Ale house very nice and like to go to the Zen now and then for food.
  • Options

It is very nice and the golf course is stupendously good.

For all you knockers, there’s nowt wrong with living up t’north (Cheshire anyway!).

The only problem is getting there. Was down yesterday for the rugby at Twickenham and now stuck at Euston with all the fecking trains cancelled.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @pork_pie is the most northern of them all

Thought Chorlton were Charlton and has been incredibly loyal ever since. I personally love him he is a great bloke and gets around the northern outposts we've been infecting for the last few years
  • Options
    I'm also an Addick in exile, living in Preston. Have met a few northern Addicks at away games in the past decade or so, but under the current regime, I have drifted further away from the club and have largely stopped going to matches and taken up other pursuits instead, as it doesn't really feel like my club anymore.

However, once the current bunch of incompetents have moved on, then I look forward to rebuilding my relationship with the club - in fact, the moment that they are out the door....it's celebration time....and it would be good to do so in the company of other Addicks in exile!
  • Options

No10. Ale house very nice and like to go to the Zen now and then for food.
    Find this very weird. Both are 1 minute from my house. A regular in Zen.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Amongst the general bonhomie of this thread, can we all just agree that it's grim up north? ;-)

I tried it, it was so grim I fled all the way to China.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I've been to China, each to their own :wink:
  • Options

RedChaser said:

We'll give have to give u some notice then for the North Addicks pub crawl/sit in one pub and chat about Charlton that might happen
  • Options
    When HS3 is up and running you'll all be able to come down here for the odd piss up too :smile:
  • Options

Ok here goes. First time poster after years of being a reader. No idea if this bloody thing'll work. 24 years in Blackburn having lived in London for 35. Couldn't go back financially and better quality of life up ere. oh and missus and family up here. I go to a few games each year. Minimum Fleetwood, Bury, Doncaster this year. Not up for coffee and chat. Piss ups...count me in. Charlton till I die.100% Roland out!

Were you at Fleetwood this season? I was chatting to a bloke who travelled from Blackburn, I was stood with my girlfriend