Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck KAG, that fat scouse lush doesn't know his arsehole from his elbow.
    Bang in a hatful over in Sussex to rub his nose in it.
    You've had a raw deal from managers and fans alike at CAFC.
    Next pre-season, when gobby's been slung out, hopefully his successor will have more than 1 plan for all occasions and you'll get a fair crack of the whip. I for one will understand perfectly if you take the chance to get that fair crack of the whip elsewhere come the summer.
  • Options

This should have been a one or two month loan around September/October time to give him a way of getting regular football and a chance of finding the back of the net a few times. All he needs is the confidence that comes from having scored instead of the doubt that comes from having fluffed good chances. Once he’d scored a couple of goals he should have been a regular starter but now we got what looks like three very good loan signings who will be ahead of him in the starting line up he might as well go out on loan. Crawley is a good choice.

Not possible unless he dropped into non-league. FL clubs can only loan players for half or the full season.
  • Options

Good luck KAG, that fat scouse lush doesn't know his arsehole from his elbow.
    Bang in a hatful over in Sussex to rub his nose in it.
    You've had a raw deal from managers and fans alike at CAFC.
    Next pre-season, when gobby's been slung out, hopefully his successor will have more than 1 plan for all occasions and you'll get a fair crack of the whip. I for one will understand perfectly if you take the chance to get that fair crack of the whip elsewhere come the summer.

Wow massive over-reaction shocker! as someone else has stated he will be low on both Attackers or Wingers so dont see what the harm is sending him on loan for the rest of the season. Granted he scored a couple of goals recently but lets not get ahead of ourselves, clearly he isn't a starter so would rather he played then sat on the bench for the rest of the season. He is still young
  • Options
    Found his level
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Excellent. We can only have eleven players in the pitch at once. What's the point of having extra payers?

hmmmm, let me think. Last August we shipped out Vetokele, Watt, Ajose & Novak which left us with just Magennis, KAG (who KR didn't play) and Dodoo. That worked out well then.

IDIOTS. Do we not learn. Yes, we have brought in a few loans, but Mavididi did his hamstring last time he was here & Zyro has been injured for a year & not played a competitive match since recovering.

KAG may not be prolific but currently he's scored more than Magennis since November.

I will laugh my socks off if next month the above loanees break down & we are left in the same situation as we have been in since September.
  • Options

Lurker said:

Excellent. We can only have eleven players in the pitch at once. What's the point of having extra payers?

hmmmm, let me think. Last August we shipped out Vetokele, Watt, Ajose & Novak which left us with just Magennis, KAG (who KR didn't play) and Dodoo. That worked out well then.

IDIOTS. Do we not learn. Yes, we have brought in a few loans, but Mavididi did his hamstring last time he was here & Zyro has been injured for a year & not played a competitive match since recovering.

KAG may not be prolific but currently he's scored more than Magennis since November.

I will laugh my socks off if next month the above loanees break down & we are left in the same situation as we have been in since September.
    I don’t think KAG should’ve been loaned out at all. Yes when everyone is fit he wouldn’t get into the squad but how likely is that to happen?

But I do find it very odd how you would laugh and find it funny if that happens, leaving us in a much worse situation and very likely not making the play-offs. You do confuse me sometimes.
  • Options

Lurker said:

Whooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssh.
  • Options
    Isn't the definition of insanity the inability to learn form your mistakes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guess it came down to wages but didn't Crawley want Ajose?
  • Options
    Good luck Karlan
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Sage said:

Lurker said:

I don’t think KAG should’ve been loaned out at all. Yes when everyone is fit he wouldn’t get into the squad but how likely is that to happen?

But I do find it very odd how you would laugh and find it funny if that happens, leaving us in a much worse situation and very likely not making the play-offs. You do confuse me sometimes.
    I'd laugh as we can all see what has just happened in the preceeding 3 months & yet the club appear to be going down the same path. Actually I will be spitting feathers if the above occurs, but seeing as there is nothing I can do apart from boo from the stands or throw pigs onto the pitch when it eventually falls apart then an )ironic) laugh is the best way of coping with it.

In most likelihood everything will be ok, we wont get any injuries to our front line / attacking midfielders, and we will be safely in the top 6 come May. But don't say we haven't been warned.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

This should have been a one or two month loan around September/October time to give him a way of getting regular football and a chance of finding the back of the net a few times. All he needs is the confidence that comes from having scored instead of the doubt that comes from having fluffed good chances. Once he’d scored a couple of goals he should have been a regular starter but now we got what looks like three very good loan signings who will be ahead of him in the starting line up he might as well go out on loan. Crawley is a good choice.

So September/October we were still in the cups and he was regularly making the bench and making appearances. But I think sending him out on loan for a couple months would be ideal now. It would be great if we could recall him in case we get a slew of injuries. But because the EFL got rid of emergency and short term loans, we can't. So you need to roll the dice, either he's here or not. And he needs regular football so...

It's tough. I'm 60/40 in favor of loaning him out, but there is a risk there. Again, I think he's about 7th choice for 3 positions, and that's hard. But as we get people back fit, he's only going to drop down the pecking order. And we play fewer games in the second half of the season, no more cup games for him to get a run out, so I think this makes sense. He has shown in glimpses this season why he was so highly rated when he was younger. He has the tools. He just needs to refine them.

Weirdly, I had a dream last night that he scored a last minute winner for us getting in behind and putting it into the corner of the net. It was a lovely finish. I don't know what it says about me that I dream about flick on and slotted finishes... So let's not think about that one.

Good luck Karlan.
  • Options
    At the moment we still have Hanlan and Umerah, both of whom were out on loan in the autumn, for a "send someone on in the last 10 minutes" substitution, either of those would do as good a good as KAG anyway
  • Options

Guess it came down to wages but didn't Crawley want Ajose?

Dodged a bullet if they did.
    Kag will offer far more than him
  • Options
    It's all a bit of a merry-go-round isn't it? loan loads of player in, loan loads of players out. Guess we have to do what we have to at the moment but it really shows up the complete state the club is in. If we make the playoffs and scrape our way up we will have absolutely nothing to start next season with. It will be a price worth paying even as we struggle, but there has been no planning now for 4 years and it still continues.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

So September/October we were still in the cups and he was regularly making the bench and making appearances. But I think sending him out on loan for a couple months would be ideal now. It would be great if we could recall him in case we get a slew of injuries. But because the EFL got rid of emergency and short term loans, we can't. So you need to roll the dice, either he's here or not. And he needs regular football so...

It's tough. I'm 60/40 in favor of loaning him out, but there is a risk there. Again, I think he's about 7th choice for 3 positions, and that's hard. But as we get people back fit, he's only going to drop down the pecking order. And we play fewer games in the second half of the season, no more cup games for him to get a run out, so I think this makes sense. He has shown in glimpses this season why he was so highly rated when he was younger. He has the tools. He just needs to refine them.

Weirdly, I had a dream last night that he scored a last minute winner for us getting in behind and putting it into the corner of the net. It was a lovely finish. I don't know what it says about me that I dream about flick on and slotted finishes... So let's not think about that one.

Good luck Karlan.
    If we were to make the play-offs and Crawley not, could he come back play for us in the play-offs?

If so, how about this for scenario - he goes to Crawley, scores a dozen goals before the end of the season. Injuries mean he's needed on the bench at Wembley in playoff final. it's 1-1 in extra time. Karl throws him on for the knackered Magennis with 10 mins to go and as a potential penalty taker, but he ends up bagging the winner latching onto a Naby Sarr flick on after Sarr stayed up from an earlier corner.

That'd be a tough one for the boo boys to swallow.
  • Options
    Perhaps he might have had more game time if KR had continue to play him after he scored at AFC Wimbledon in the cup & had after he had a good game at Wigan...........but KR has stuck with Magennis who at the Wimbledon cup game blasted over from 5 yards out & has looked pants for months.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interview with KAG on the Crawley OS. Not particularly enlightening but hey, it’s free:
    https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2018/january/30.01-karlan-ahearne-grant-interview/
  • Options

Perhaps he might have had more game time if KR had continue to play him after he scored at AFC Wimbledon in the cup & had after he had a good game at Wigan...........but KR has stuck with Magennis who at the Wimbledon cup game blasted over from 5 yards out & has looked pants for months.

But they're different players and KAG fitbit he system for that game, counter attacking with pace in behind and hit and hope balls lumped into the channel, while Mag fits our overall tactics far more.
  • Options

Whilst you might not like or like me agree with Stig Thundercock’s post, it is not forum abuse so please stop flagging posts like this please.

What would drive any of you to take seriously in the first place posts by someone who voluntarily choose to call themselves Stig Thundercock I will never know!

Good luck KAG, there is a definite player in there in my eyes. Regularly games and a bit of luck in front of goal could really elevate him.

I'd just always assumed he lives in a dump but goes like a jackhammer - are you suggesting everyone's persona on here may not be an accurate reflection of their real world personality?
  • Options
    A shorter loan would have been better but the PL ruined that for everyone so it was banned. He is an age he needs games, goals and to prove himself. We now have cover, no point him going back to U23’s. Sure it could go wrong for us but it’s a calculated risk and who knows, with RD only replacing wages this may have been a condition of picking up the wages of one of those coming in.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Interview with KAG on the Crawley OS. Not particularly enlightening but hey, it’s free:
    https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2018/january/30.01-karlan-ahearne-grant-interview/

A lot of you lot in that! Bless him
  • Options

Whilst you might not like or like me agree with Stig Thundercock’s post, it is not forum abuse so please stop flagging posts like this please.

What would drive any of you to take seriously in the first place posts by someone who voluntarily choose to call themselves Stig Thundercock I will never know!

Good luck KAG, there is a definite player in there in my eyes. Regularly games and a bit of luck in front of goal could really elevate him.

I'd just always assumed he lives in a dump but goes like a jackhammer - are you suggesting everyone's persona on here may not be an accurate reflection of their real world personality?
    Mine is definitely NOT related to occasional recreational drug use
  • Options

A shorter loan would have been better but the PL ruined that for everyone so it was banned. He is an age he needs games, goals and to prove himself. We now have cover, no point him going back to U23’s. Sure it could go wrong for us but it’s a calculated risk and who knows, with RD only replacing wages this may have been a condition of picking up the wages of one of those coming in.

Not a bad shout on the wages thing, but I doubt he's on that much. As you said, it's a calculated risk and one that has logic behind it with or without needing to free up some room on the wage bill (though I wouldn't rule that out).
  • Options
    Think the lad has had a bit of a rough ride this season......cant see why he didnt replace Magennis as he has offered nothing for months now. I hope he goes to Crawley and proves any doubters wrong by scoring a hatful....he just needs a run in the side and he will come good.