Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    Sigh!!... Crawley lost 4-1 to Luton today.

No clues who got their consolation
  • Options

Sigh!!... Crawley lost 4-1 to Luton today.

No clues who got their consolation

Sorry ..... we knew already.

• Options
    Good on him. Glad he's playing and scoring regularly. It's what he has desperately needed for a couple years now.
  • Options
    Took it well. Yes it is a division below but, perhaps, the one thing the lad does need is a run of games and for his confidence a goal scoring streak. He wasn't going to get the former with us so consequently the goals wouldn't follow.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Good on him. Glad he's playing and scoring regularly. It's what he has desperately needed for a couple years now.

He had two years ago when he went on loan to Cambridge, but it didn't work out and he barely played. Maybe he wasn't ready or just lacked confidence after being thrown in at 17.

Whatever the reason he couldn't have started better at Crawley and the way he's taking his goals he looks full of confidence.
  • Options
    Is that 3 in 3 now?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Is that 3 in 3 now?

Yes. He went 44 games without scoring then hit 3/3 for us against Peterborough, Wimbledon and Swansea. 7 games without a goal has now been followed by 4/5.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Pleased for him, hope he can keep it going so he can get some momentum for next season. Shows what a bit of confidence and game time can do.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

He had two years ago when he went on loan to Cambridge, but it didn't work out and he barely played. Maybe he wasn't ready or just lacked confidence after being thrown in at 17.

Whatever the reason he couldn't have started better at Crawley and the way he's taking his goals he looks full of confidence.
    Wasn't he only there for a month or two though? Like, it was quick and fleeting whereas he knows he's at Crawley for the rest of the year.

Took it well. Yes it is a division below but, perhaps, the one thing the lad does need is a run of games and for his confidence a goal scoring streak. He wasn't going to get the former with us so consequently the goals wouldn't follow.

I don't think anyone begrudges him dropping down a division to get regular starts and score goals. The point I've been trying to make regarding him dropping down a division has just been that it doesn't necessarily mean that if he'd stayed he'd be playing regularly and scoring regularly for us, as some have insinuated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might be an opinion which will not be popular especially with those who will not see any good in Robinson. I think his management of Karlan overall has been superb, I didn't think it was the best at times like dropping him after the Wigan performance but overall you have to look at the last 18 months he has helped Karlan get his swagger back, I think despite the instagram photo's Karlan has been lacking confidence. Wasn't it just before Karl came in or after than Karlan was having a terrible time in the division he's currently playing. I also completely agree with the decision to send him on loan, he's flying at the minute and will help playing week in week out and without a often restless Valley.
  • Options

Critical to KAG getting a run of games, is having a manager who isn't a pissed up one trick pony wage robbing oxygen thief.
  • Options

Might be an opinion which will not be popular especially with those who will not see any good in Robinson. I think his management of Karlan overall has been superb, I didn't think it was the best at times like dropping him after the Wigan performance but overall you have to look at the last 18 months he has helped Karlan get his swagger back, I think despite the instagram photo's Karlan has been lacking confidence. Wasn't it just before Karl came in or after than Karlan was having a terrible time in the division he's currently playing. I also completely agree with the decision to send him on loan, he's flying at the minute and will help playing week in week out and without a often restless Valley.

WUM
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

Wasn't he only there for a month or two though? Like, it was quick and fleeting whereas he knows he's at Crawley for the rest of the year.

I don't think anyone begrudges him dropping down a division to get regular starts and score goals. The point I've been trying to make regarding him dropping down a division has just been that it doesn't necessarily mean that if he'd stayed he'd be playing regularly and scoring regularly for us, as some have insinuated.
    No, but it would have meant he would have at least been on the bench now that Mavididi is out injured. The fact that KR has now put Ajose on the bench AND PLAYED HIM, having slagged him off not only in August when he went to Bury but again when he came back last month, And before anyone says about hindsight re Mavvy;s injury, I refer you to my post on here on Jan 30th when KAG went out on loan.

And re the "playing in a lower division".............on that premise then KaiKai should have scored last night, seeing as he's playing TWO leagues lower.

I will put money on it that KAG will score more in his spell at Crawley than Kaikai & Kyro will do together (mins per game). All are playing in lower leagues than their parent club.
  • Options
    There is hardly a massive gap between L1 and L2 - not sure why people think there Is?

Watching the Luton highlights last night they look a far better side than our bunch - far better finishing.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

There is hardly a massive gap between L1 and L2 - not sure why people think there Is?

Watching the Luton highlights last night they look a far better side than our bunch - far better finishing.

Seeing we've Plymouth and Portsmouth breathing down our necks there is little difference between L1 and L2

Wouldnt say there is much between the bottom half of the Championship and League One either
  • Options
    He took his goal well when Crawley were already 4-0 down, but he had two good chances in that game when Crawley were still in it and didn't take them. Needs to be more aggresive in getting on the end of the ball as he is clearly getting in the right positions. Early days at Crawley, hopefully a good run till the end of the season will sort his confidence out. I do wonder how much Fraeye stunted his progress and where KAG would have been now if he was managed properply during that period.
  • Options

He took his goal well when Crawley were already 4-0 down, but he had two good chances in that game when Crawley were still in it and didn't take them. Needs to be more aggresive in getting on the end of the ball as he is clearly getting in the right positions. Early days at Crawley, hopefully a good run till the end of the season will sort his confidence out. I do wonder how much Fraeye stunted his progress and where KAG would have been now if he was managed properply during that period.

at Crawley on a permanent deal ?
  • Options

KAG is playing as a striker though, Kaikai and Zyro are wingers. And KAG is also getting a run of games to build fitness and form, Zyro isn't and it's going to be hard for him to get up to speed with only a few minutes here and there.

Not sure why we didn't play Zyro in the U23 game v Stoke the other day. The guy has been out injured since the war, and we're giving him 5-10 minutes at the end of a game.

So why not keep him ??? My point in all this is that we brought in some players, and then let one go out on loan (2 in, 1 out if you disregard Mavididi) which seems a bit pointless when the 2 you brought in aren't strikers, which is where we desperately need cover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

No, but it would have meant he would have at least been on the bench now that Mavididi is out injured. The fact that KR has now put Ajose on the bench AND PLAYED HIM, having slagged him off not only in August when he went to Bury but again when he came back last month, And before anyone says about hindsight re Mavvy;s injury, I refer you to my post on here on Jan 30th when KAG went out on loan.

And re the "playing in a lower division".............on that premise then KaiKai should have scored last night, seeing as he's playing TWO leagues lower.

I will put money on it that KAG will score more in his spell at Crawley than Kaikai & Kyro will do together (mins per game). All are playing in lower leagues than their parent club.
    Utterly disengenuous comment. I have not seen anyone saying KAG should score because he is at a lower level, only that scoring at a lower level does not, in itself prove he could do it regularly at a higher level. Two totally different things.

If Chelsea signed me tomorrow as a chubby 40something striker with no talent and loaned me to Crawley I would not score because I was 3 levels below my contracted club, because I am crap at footy. This is a different scenario to Bristol City buying Matty Taylor last season because he was banging them in in League One and him flopping with them in the division above.

There is no guarantee KAG would have done well with us for the rest of this season, there is every reason to think a successful loan move will see him return confident and improved, maybe even in time for the play offs.
  • Options

at Crawley on a permanent deal ?
    Comedian alert. Yes, you got me there. Fair play.

• Options

Oh no, sounds like KAG was through 1 on 1.

Crawley signed the wrong one - they should have signed REEEEEEECO! :smile:

• Options
    If KAG can score 4 in 4 that'll be impressive regardless of the League
  • Options
    Sage said:

Really feel this loan could be the making of KAG. Do well for the remainder of the season and come back to us for pre-season a much better player.

Also, I think if we make play-offs and Crawley don't, we could get him back for the play-offs and potentially have an in-form KAG in the squad which could help.

I don't know the rules so happy to be corrected but I'd be surprised if he was eligible to come back and play for us again this season.