Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    They do show us as playing 4-4-2 on the Sky sports Score Centre app quite often...
  • Options
    True, though the point was we just can't assume KAG is playing in a front 2 every week and that's why he's scoring goals. He could be playing a similar system but it actually gets results for Crawley.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Dazzler21 said:

KAG to Crawley was evidence that Karl wasn't interested in trying nothing but his favourite shitty formation as KAG would never fit it.

Erm... look at Crawley's formation and where KAG played...

imageimage

For me it's more about how we play and whether we have the right players for the chosen system. We could go 4-4-2 but it'll be just as bad if we're just as slow as we are in the 4-2-3-1.

A slow build up, centre backs at full back, a striker that isn't suited to playing on his own, a "10" that's struggled to impress and no natural defensive midfielder. Not surprised it was so ineffective yesterday. KAG wouldn't have done any better in that side.
    Dunno how much Id believe that formation - Sky dont care about the lower leagues and usually put players all over the place
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Crawley's OS confirms the formation was 4-2-3-1. Match report also mentions they switched to 4-2-4 during the game.

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2018/march/17.03-carlisle-report/
  • Options
    Listened to a podcast interview with Steve Avory the other day, he said KAG lives about 100 metres from the Valley, anyone know where?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Crawley's OS confirms the formation was 4-2-3-1. Match report also mentions they switched to 4-2-4 during the game.

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2018/march/17.03-carlisle-report/

So Crawley use several formations and have been improving as a result... That's my takeaway from this.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

If KAG played 46 games in the championship, I reckon he'd score more than the strikers that we are currently using. He would also create space for others . I am not saying he is great but replacing him in the squad with Kaikai, Zyro and Mavididi ( yes, useful when fit) hasn't worked out well.

You could twist that round and say that if Kaikai and Zyro played in league two they'd probably also score a fair amount of goals like KAG is doing.

Kaikai previously had a decent record in league one but seems to have been Charltonised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Damn I think you're correct our only option is to keep using the formation we don't have the players to play in!

Surely it'll just click one day and Karl will be seen for the brilliant manager he is! FACT!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Damn I think you're correct our only option is to keep using the formation we don't have the players to play in!

Surely it'll just click one day and Karl will be seen for the brilliant manager he is! FACT!

Yes it's everyone else that is to blame. Roland, the players, the weather, negative opposition tactics, fans that don't understand the game, CARD, refs, pitches etc. Glad you agree :smile:
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Dazzler21 said:

Yes it's everyone else that is to blame. Roland, the players, the weather, negative opposition tactics, fans that don't understand the game, CARD, refs, pitches etc. Glad you agree :smile:
    Yes, but there'll never be any excuses and the buck always lies with the manager.
  • Options
    Not in Karl's case, remember us fans don't understand the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Good to see KAG doing well, and the loan working. It’s clearly benefitting him as a player, but still feel he could have done a job for us. Zyro and KAG up front could have been a decent partnership, with KAG’s pace being utilised by a player with the ability to get the ball to him in the right places, rather than out wide in the wing.
  • Options

Sage said:

Well KAG has got 6 in 7 for Crawley, whereas we have scored 5 in our last 7.

Fantastic for KAG and awful by us.

So bringing on Kaikai & loaning out KAG worked well then. Robinson is a shite manager & needs to go NOW,
    With going on about Kaikai before he signed that he was definitely signing, I am as disappointed as anyone that it hasn’t worked out.

For the good of the long term future and development, KAG needed to be playing regularly and obviously he wasn’t going to get that here, and if he did, Robinson wouldn’t have played him in a position that would benefit him.

I am glad and pleased for KAG, it’s just a shame we have been so poor that we could really do with him back. It would also mean Robinson couldn’t give a pathetic excuse for only playing one up front as we would have KAG here.

As I said before, I really feel he could be important for us next season in League One.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    If by a miracle we do stick with the Zyro/Ajose 442 thing then our wingers might ironically be freed up by not been double marked. When clubs know that we’re going to attack down the flanks then it’s esdy to counter. A front two will at least keep them guessing.
  • Options
    Another loanee is Regan Charles-Cook. Given the state of Solly's knees we had Konsa playing out of position as his replacement and barely venturing over half-way, and next week probably Djiksteel in an unfamiliar role. 4-4-2 is never going to work with centre-halves or midfielders as full backs as they will never go on the overlap. Page and RCC would have been ideal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Another loanee is Regan Charles-Cook. Given the state of Solly's knees we had Konsa playing out of position as his replacement and barely venturing over half-way, and next week probably Djiksteel in an unfamiliar role. 4-4-2 is never going to work with centre-halves or midfielders as full backs as they will never go on the overlap.

Page and RCC would have been ideal.

Page couldn't play against Fleetwood yesterday, because of concussion rules.

On 8 March 2018, Charles-Cook rejoined Woking on loan until 28 April.

Solly and DaSilva also injured.
    Which is why we played a back four of 4 centrebacks.

Dijksteel, maybe? Or perhaps it's time to play Dijksteel in his correct position as DM?

• Options
    Why is it that when our strikers leave or go out on loan to other clubs they always score? A bit of a conundrum.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Another loanee is Regan Charles-Cook. Given the state of Solly's knees we had Konsa playing out of position as his replacement and barely venturing over half-way, and next week probably Djiksteel in an unfamiliar role. 4-4-2 is never going to work with centre-halves or midfielders as full backs as they will never go on the overlap.

Dijksteel, maybe? Or perhaps it's time to play Dijksteel in his correct position as DM?

I am fully aware of this but KR has dismissed 4-4-2 on the basis of it not working for the half hour he tried it yesterday with no proper full back. Solly's injury was highly prefictable but Robbo decided to loan RCC cos he thought he could cover with players out of position. Madness! He also loaned out Edwards who may have been better cover on left than Sarr (or Page who leaves me under-whelmed). He blames injuries but has three useful kids out on loan.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

I am fully aware of this but KR has dismissed 4-4-2 on the basis of it not working for the half hour he tried it yesterday with no proper full back. Solly's injury was highly prefictable but Robbo decided to loan RCC cos he thought he could cover with players out of position. Madness! He also loaned out Edwards who may have been better cover on left than Sarr (or Page who leaves me under-whelmed). He blames injuries but has three useful kids out on loan.
    Although Regan Charlie Cook is hardly a fullback either.

There's also Archie Edwards out on loan and Aaron Barnes was sold on, so unless one of the kids is ready to step up, Robinson will see he has no choice but to play a player out of position.

Anyway, Pagey is back next weekend.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Although Regan Charlie Cook is hardly a fullback either.

There's also Archie Edwards out on loan and Aaron Barnes was sold on, so unless one of the kids is ready to step up, Robinson will see he has no choice but to play a player out of position.

Anyway, Pagey is back next weekend.
    He'll only last about 40mins though... ;)
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

If KAG played 46 games in the championship, I reckon he'd score more than the strikers that we are currently using. He would also create space for others . I am not saying he is great but replacing him in the squad with Kaikai, Zyro and Mavididi ( yes, useful when fit) hasn't worked out well.

Let's be fair, we have absolutely no idea how he would fare if he was played regularly. What we know is that he can score goals at League Two level. We also know that he isn't much of a substitute player because despite a number of sub appearances he hasn't found the net much at either League One or Championship level (2 league goals in 52 appearances). Any other conclusions drawn about KAG amounts to sheer guesswork.

If you go back to January and ask most fans who would they rather farm out on loan, KAG or Magennis, the vast majority would have said KAG. He is doing well to be scoring for Crawley, and it's great for his confidence, but there's no guarantee that he could come back and do it for us at this level of with the formation and tactics that Robinson uses.

I'd rather he was at Crawley playing and developing rather than being here with a few sub appearances in a formation that doesn't suit him or constantly being played out of position.
    Then I humbly suggest that we should have played him in a position that he was suited to then. Are you saying that if we had Harry Kane we would loan him out as he would be no good on the wing ?? KAG may not be that good, but he has shown that he can score if you play him regularly & in his rightful position. I have no idea where he is playing for Crawley but obviously it is working.......and before you say that he is playing in a league below us please remember that Zyro is playing in a league below his parent club & KaiKai 2 leagues lower.
    Maybe he should have been given more of an opportunity, but clearly Robinson didn't fancy him. It happens in football all the time and sometimes it takes a change of manager before a player gets a proper chance to show what he can do. The fact he is now in League Two scoring may help him stake a claim when he gets back at the end of the season. But it is League Two, and regardless of what you say about KaiKai and Zyro, it IS still a division below. The fact that KAG is scoring regularly in League Two and KaiKai and Zyro are not scoring regularly a division below their parent club, is not related in any way whatsoever.
  • Options
    Well done KAG
  • Options
    Hard bastards this lot 1.20 northern kid in shorts