Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Someone has said because it was a season long loan and the season has “ended”, if that’s true then please, please, please can the same apply for KakKak...

Unless they've changed the rules because I've seen news in the past where X Player's loan for X Club has been extended to cover the Play-Offs

Am sure that applied to Nick Pope actually when he was on loan to York
  • Options
    Would have him in the squad over Kaikai for sure.

Only reason I could see for him being unable to return is if Crawley signed him till the end of May (as at the time they themselves were chasing a Play-Off spot)
  • Options

Only reason I could see for him being unable to return is if Crawley signed him till the end of May (as at the time they themselves were chasing a Play-Off spot)

I believe with the changes of loan transfer regulations not too long ago, it meant that you could only do half season or full season loans. Therefore, once the final League Match has completed, the loan is finished. I don’t think they do things such as the end date is May 21st when the League season finishes May 5th for example. It is here that the confirmation for play-offs would be needed from the parent club.

As I said, I could be wrong but standard loans cover for only League Matches unless permission is granted otherwise.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I believe with the changes of loan transfer regulations not too long ago, it meant that you could only do half season or full season loans. Therefore, once the final League Match has completed, the loan is finished. I don’t think they do things such as the end date is May 21st when the League season finishes May 5th for example. It is here that the confirmation for play-offs would be needed from the parent club.

As I said, I could be wrong but standard loans cover for only League Matches unless permission is granted otherwise.
    Yes, the stricter transfer windows have removed all loans except those that just run between transfer windows

• Options
    It’s a restriction of Karlans trade surely, take the EFL on feller and then in the future after you win your court case it’ll be known as a Grant....
  • Options

Just play him and threaten to sue the football league if they complain. Otherwise known as 'doing a West Ham'.

Just play him and threaten to sue the football league if they complain. Otherwise known as 'doing a West Ham'.

This
  • Options

Linked to a move to Preston according
    to Alan Nixon

Posted on March 25. Either it's old news or it's cropped up again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Contract term rules out Charlton attacker Karlan Ahearne-Grant for play-offs

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/936838661?-11197:833
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    fecking Robinson !!! saddled us with kak-kak from Palace & now one of our own players, who has consistently scored goals since xmas, can't play when we most need him. If we don't go up I can't wait until we play Oxford next season so that I can roundly boo that numpty !
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Yeh not surprised by the terms of that Contract with Crawley, surely it should be agreed until the end of the regular season and then you just add on the Extension IF you get to the Play-Offs?

I’ve always liked Karlan, he’s a great player. - Is good for KAG if Bowyer sticks around
  • Options

fecking Robinson !!! saddled us with kak-kak from Palace & now one of our own players, who has consistently scored goals since xmas, can't play when we most need him. If we don't go up I can't wait until we play Oxford next season so that I can roundly boo that numpty !

Yep, Robinson is the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Yeh not surprised by the terms of that Contract with Crawley, surely it should be agreed until the end of the regular season and then you just add on the Extension IF you get to the Play-Offs?

I’ve always liked Karlan, he’s a great player. - Is good for KAG if Bowyer sticks around
    The transfer window rules would surely exclude that though. No player can play for 2 league teams after the closure of a transfer window until the next one starts
  • Options
    A real shame it runs until the end of the month, otherwise he would’ve been available for us to play in the play-offs considering it’s not a league match competition.

Whether that was Robinson or whoever, it has happened now. Having KAG back and in good form would’ve been great, but the boys have done the job getting top six, so am sure they can finish it off now.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if he’s eligible to play in the play offs?
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaggggghhhh.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

This is a joke right??
  • Options
    Can we recall him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yep, Robinson is the git that keeps on giving.
    Think you put an f in by mistake?
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

This is a joke right??
    Yes.
  • Options
    I’d just play him and see what happens.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

This is a joke right??
    Yes.
    Just making sure we all know how thick some people on here are (not naming names)
  • Options
    Anyone know the Yeovil score?
  • Options
    OK so KAG is out but can someone tell Bow that Vetokele's last game is 19th May.
  • Options

OK so KAG is out but can someone tell Bow that Vetokele's last game is 19th May.

Should that not be Ventokele?
  • Options

To be fair if you had said a year/18 months ago that we would see Kashi in a Charlton shirt again people would have laughed at that idea as well.

I wonder if Bows has had any contact at all with him? If it were me i'd certainly at least try to invite him to a training session or 2 to have a look at him when the loan ends - Would Igor really turn down an opportunity to possibly play at Wembley, in front of the cameras as well... even if just as a one off? It would only be adding another week to his season.

It's a crazy idea but as they say there's a fine line between madness and genius.
  • Options

To be fair if you had said a year/18 months ago that we would see Kashi in a Charlton shirt again people would have laughed at that idea as well.

I wonder if Bows has had any contact at all with him? If it were me i'd certainly at least try to invite him to a training session or 2 to have a look at him when the loan ends - Would Igor really turn down an opportunity to possibly play at Wembley, in front of the cameras as well... even if just as a one off? It would only be adding another week to his season.

It's a crazy idea but as they say there's a fine line between madness and genius.
    I think people would have laughed harder had we said that Naby Sarr would be as improved as he has been, let alone start a game again
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b55ee7c0e978/bowyer-praises-academy-graduate-grant-following-crawley-friendly-victory
    Article written as though this is a player who has never played for our first team.