Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page

Comments

• Heartbreaking, reading his story but he is very determined to succeed. I think his luck will change eventually and he will then do well. I certainly hope so.
  • Feel for him, just never going to cut it, not through his ability but his body just can't stand up to the rigours of professional sport, really hope I am wrong, I don't know him or would even recognise him if he was walking towards me, but he seems a  very likeable, talented lad from what I've read. 
  • Looks like Page is just 2-3 weeks.

Fingers crossed for him. Quality left back when fit.
  • Exeter going well so no need to rush him back.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Just a heads up, since his injury he has been back playing, in the last 5 he's done 90 twice and over an hour twice. 
    Thats awesome news... Didnt realise he was back from injury, saw the thread and my instant reaction was: "Oh no, what now"
  • Good for him, hope it works out.
  • Maybe we shouldn't mention it in case we jinx him.
  • aliwibble said:
    Maybe we shouldn't mention it in case we jinx him.
    There is coincidence and nothing else! 

If you do believe in jinxes though, you will have just caused a jinx by mentioning a jinx. 
  • Exeter City are hopeful that Lewis Page’s hamstring injured incurred while making a goalsaving tackle won’t keep him out for goal.

With the Grecians 1-0 down at the time, the 24-year-old made a vital interception to stretch and win the ball back from Charles Vernam as he bore down on City’s goal.

But the challenge came at a cost with the ex-Charlton Athletic having to be taken off moments later with an injury in what eventually was a 3-2 win for City.

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    @aliwibble  FFS
  • His bad luck is unbelievable.
  • edited February 2021
    Really sad, but sounds like it there's hope it's minor. Typical he injures himself blocking off an attack with a goal saving challenge.
  • aliwibble said:
    Maybe we shouldn't mention it in case we jinx him.
    Should have been the last post but oh no ...... Dazzler had to post ffs 
  • Swisdom said:
    clive said:
    Said it before and I’ll say it again.  Social media is a cesspit
    A very good article by Martin Samuel in todays 'Daily Mail' on the subject.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-9428419/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Social-media-serpent-consuming-tail-time-cut-off.html
  • If I were someone like LeBron James, someone with the wedge and influence I would do my own social media channel. It would be for all but only those with accreditation could post, like the Twitter tick, all us normals would just hang on their every utterance. One way to interact with your fans without the negative connotations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Played in 35-games across all competitions for Exeter this season

Only played 27-games in four years for us... Really hope this is the turning point in his career
  • edited May 2021
    I see he managed 26 league starts for Exeter, between  his 3 periods of injury.

I didn't realise he's still only 25 or just 26.
    Good luck to you Lewis.
    He's actually just 24 (soon to be 25).Exactly the same age as Ben Purrington

Pleased for Lewis. If it wasn't for injury he'd be at least a L1 player
  • Good for him, never forget his goal against Plymouth.
  • Always liked Pagey. Hope he can kick on now. 

With regards to Purrington it's easy to forget how young he is. Won't be the finished article for another couple of years.
  • Pleased for Page. Rate him highly if he can stay fit. 
  • If ever a man deserved a bit of good fortune it is Lewis,hope he kicks on from here.
  • Jonny Williams 
  • edited May 2021
    I see he managed 26 league starts for Exeter, between  his 3 periods of injury.

I didn't realise he's still only 25 or just 26.
    Good luck to you Lewis.
    Lewis Page is the same age as his best mate, Josh Cullen.

Came through their West Ham Academy age groups together. 
    Page being at Charlton, was a big help attracting Cullen to sign on loan.