Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page

Comments

• Hearing Lewis Page is in talks with a League 1 club, bit of a harsh snub to Exeter as they gave him a fair shot, but at 24 he's young enough to rise back to have a decent career. Easily good enough for League 1 when fit. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hearing Lewis Page is in talks with a League 1 club, bit of a harsh snub to Exeter as they gave him a fair shot, but at 24 he's young enough to rise back to have a decent career. Easily good enough for League 1 when fit. 
    Someone said on the Rumours thread that he was potentially off to Gillingham.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hearing Lewis Page is in talks with a League 1 club, bit of a harsh snub to Exeter as they gave him a fair shot, but at 24 he's young enough to rise back to have a decent career. Easily good enough for League 1 when fit. 
    Someone said on the Rumours thread that he was potentially off to Gillingham.
    Be a good move for him, especially if he can stay fit. 
  • iaitch said:
    And Steve Evans doesn't fall on him.
    Or eat him
    Basted in bread crumbs and griddled...
  • Better than anything we’ve got , if fit
  • iaitch said:
    Or eat him
    Evans isn’t bothered about prep work…he would only eat Greg griddle pan as well…..he will just bite straight in to him raw. 
  • iaitch said:
    Or eat him
    Evans isn’t bothered about prep work…he would only eat Greg griddle pan as well…..he will just bite straight in to him raw. 
    Maybe with some hot sauce so he can blow him out of his fat arse!
  • iaitch said:
    Or eat him
    I’ve now got this picture in my head of what Evans bowel movements are like - not a great thought as the wife is about to start dinner.  I should imagine he has to go in a hole in the garden as no toilet would be strong enough to support him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• One former player I would take back if you could guarantee his fitness. Really rated him
  • edited June 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    One former player I would take back if you could guarantee his fitness. Really rated him
    Was outstanding that last season of his, up until his injury at Scunthorpe
  • edited June 2021
    iaitch said:
    Or eat him
    I’ve now got this picture in my head of what Evans bowel movements are like - not a great thought as the wife is about to start dinner.  I should imagine he has to go in a hole in the garden as no toilet would be strong enough to support him. 
    Because he was so big, he could not ever use regular toilets to go to the bathroom. This really annoyed him, so one time.....he took a shit on the floor of a hotel room he was staying in and used the curtains to wipe his ass.

True story that. 

NB might not actually be about Evans, unfortunately. 
  • Who is Greg Griddlepan?
  • edited June 2021
    Fumbluff said:
    Who is Greg Griddlepan?
    Freddie Fryingpan's cousin.

Their distant mate, you want to be careful of though 

Willie Wok

• Has signed for Harrogate.
  • Maybe he popped up for the Yorkshire show and liked it enough to stay!

Good luck to the lad 
  • Bit of a strange one, that seems a bit of a backwards step (without knowing the financial side)
  • edited July 2021
    Bit of a strange one, that seems a bit of a backwards step (without knowing the financial side)
    Maybe Exeter needed the money?

Edit: Just read that Pagey was out of contract. Exeter offered him another deal but he turned it down and joined Harrogate.

• Oggy Red said:
    Bit of a strange one, that seems a bit of a backwards step (without knowing the financial side)
    Maybe Exeter needed the money?

Edit: Just read that Pagey was out of contract. Exeter offered him another deal but he turned it down and joined Harrogate.

I'm torn on this. Exeter gave him a chance, he was good, outstanding even at that level. To turn down their contract offer and jump ship feels a bit classless. I can only assume it was a financial decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still a strange choice, Exeter finished ninth and just three points off the Play-Offs

Harrogate on the other hand finished 17th, are they going to be a bit of a dark horse this season?
  • Still a strange choice, Exeter finished ninth and just three points off the Play-Offs

Harrogate on the other hand finished 17th, are they going to be a bit of a dark horse this season?
    The Sulphurites have only been full time for 4 years.  Simon Weaver has done a remarkable job over the last 12 years, very unlikely to ever get the sack as his dad is the chairman!

If their rise over the last few years I wouldn't bet against them being there or there abouts, especially as they can actually play all their games at home this season. No reason they can't go up but I would think league 1 is their maximum.  They could do a year or two in the championship  like burton, but that's probably it. 
  • If you're in Lewis's precarious position you've got to do what's best for you financially. Exeter could have offered him a longer deal originally, that was the risk they took. 
  • With Page's injury record they did well to get nearly a season out of him.
  • iaitch said:
    With Page's injury record they did well to get nearly a season out of him.
    Played more times for them in a season than he did for us in 3.5 years!
  • Scored a brilliant free kick for Harrogate on Tuesday
  • Oh crickey, what’s he done?

Look at the size of the scar on his right leg!
  • I bloody well hope so Lewis!! - Hope he's not out of action too long into this coming season
  • edited July 2022
    Must be the unluckiest player ever. And at peak fitness he’s exactly what we meet at attacking left back now!!