Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which school were you at?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Heres to old John Roan
    Who lived and worked and died
    In the mighty days of Cromwell
    Of Milton and of Blake
    We were reared in days of passion
    We were reared in days of pride
    That gave the seas to England
    And the continents beside
    Is there nothing we can give England for our founders sake
    Ourselves we give to England till John Roan shall wake
    Heres to old John Roan
    Sing him high
    Sing him low
    He it was that set us on the road that we must go.

1974 - 1980

Doc Taylor, Alfie Knott, Chas Copson, Gordon Brooks, Mrs Bourdillon, Roger "do not touch me" Bonner, Old Ma Fotheringham, Dave Birch ........ jumpers for goalposts mmmm.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Could be adding Bromley College to my list of colleges if i get in, i'm pretty much f***ed when I leave my current college in June, will only have 1 A2 in ICT and thats it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]St. Peters, Woolwich
    DeLucy Primary, Abbey Wood
    Abbey Wood Comprehensive 1965 - 1971 (Same school as Paul Walsh, Steve Davis and err....)

DA9 - 1979 - 1984 :D

Is that right that they've closed it down now DA9?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Could be adding Bromley College to my list of colleges if i get in, i'm pretty much fucked when I leave my current college in June, will only have 1 A2 in ICT and thats it

Nathan mate you dont need a degree to have a future, I'm sure a few on here will agree!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Could be adding Bromley College to my list of colleges if i get in, i'm pretty much fucked when I leave my current college in June, will only have 1 A2 in ICT and thats it[/quote]

Nathan mate you dont need a degree to have a future, I'm sure a few on here will agree![/quote]

And i wanna extend my free bus travel :P
  • Options
    swanley comp
  • Options
    John Roan 1981-85 - Have seen Alfie Knott in Greenwich in the last 5 years. Dr Taylor was head; but taught me Chemistry in 84/85. Copson with his beret and Brich / Brooks I all remember.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]John Roan 1981-85 - Have seen Alfie Knott in Greenwich in the last 5 years. Dr Taylor was head; but taught me Chemistry in 84/85. Copson with his beret and Brich / Brooks I all remember.

Dr. Taylor, did he have blondish hair and glassess? If so he taught at St. Pauls in the early 80's.
  • Options
    Dartford Grammar
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Dartford Grammar[/quote]

You're a............. "Star f***er star f***er star f***er star f****er....staaaar!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posted By: thewolfboyDeansfield - Eltham 55-61
    Forest Hill 61-67 (same school as Rufus, yay!)

Live 200 yards up (Mayow) Road.
    Had an extreme make-over recently (the school............)
    I used to work in Brent Knoll just across the road from Forest Hill. A friend of ours is sending her son there and we went have a look. As schools go, it's like education heaven. I also know the science teacher there, a good school these days.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Dartford Grammar[/quote]

You're a............. "Star f***er star f***er star f***er star f****er....staaaar![/quote]

What?!
  • Options
    Launcelot Primary
    Kemnal Technology College (Formerly Manor) - 96-98
    Malory - 98-01
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Dartford Grammar

You're a............. "Star f***er star f***er star f***er star f****er....staaaar!

What?!

sc...do a Google search...Star F***er was the name of a Stones Tour back in '76.... the name was taken from one of the tracks from their '73 "Goats Head Soup" album. The track "Star Star" (originally called "Star F****er") is in fact one of my all time Stones favourites.Give it a whirl...The Stones and Jagger at their raunchy best!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]I am currently at Bexleyheath school have been since 2006 and my primary was Brampton from 2000-2006

Which Brampton Stubley? I was at Brampton juniors 'til 79 then on to senior school, Brampton Manor, until 86, but both in East Ham. Same one or different?
  • Options
    What Oggy said !
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Henwick Primary, Eltham 1965-1971

Thomas Tallis, Kidbrooke 1971-1976
  • Options
    St Mary's 65
    Woodhill 65 - 71
    Woolwich Poly 71- 78
  • Options
    Dartford Grammar, 76-83
  • Options
    Reigate Grammar School, 1994-2002
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eglinton Junior Mixed.

Colfes School 78-85
  • Options
    [cite] Heres to old John Roan
    Who lived and worked and died
    In the mighty days of Cromwell
    Of Milton and of Blake
    We were reared in days of passion
    We were reared in days of pride
    That gave the seas to England
    And the continents beside
    Is there nothing we can give England for our founders sake
    Ourselves we give to England till John Roan shall wake
    Heres to old John Roan
    Sing him high
    Sing him low
    He it was that set us on the road that we must go.

Ah , the memories

1970-75
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]Reigate Grammar School, 1994-2002

I try and run them over everyday in their blue Jumpers!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]Reigate Grammar School, 1994-2002[/quote]

I try and run them over everyday in their blue Jumpers![/quote]

Haha, you were at Oakwood? I know people who went there and sometimes, usually in the summer, we have a kickabout in the playing fields behind the school.
  • Options
    same here we still do that from time to time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By:Imissthepeanutman[/cite] Chis & Sid Grammar School For Boys! 1968 - 1975

And when they introduced a splattering of the most ugly girlies imaginable in the last couple of years the timetable was changed from 'Periods' to 'Lessons'. Oops just noted that Weegie went to Chis & Sid too.

I was in the third intake of girls - obviously we got prettier after you left! ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Fosdene nursery...... then transferred to Sherrington Primary, ( only lad to wear a Charlton kit at football certainly in my year!) till 61, then Bloomfield till 69.......
    Where are all the' locals' all you lot are not really Charlton are you!......born within the 'sound of the Valley' I mean.

Almost contemporaries, ken. I was at Fosdene Nursery (Mrs Fletcher) from 1955 then Fosdene Infants (Mr Kemp was the Headmaster) before being transferred to Sherington in 1959. I then went to Colfe's in 1963.

But tell me - where did you get a Charlton shirt in those days? And do you remember the Sherington school team shirts? Yellow and Blue and made out of some thick canvas or something. You could have sailed the Cutty Sark with a couple of those shirts. I reckon I doubled my bodyweight when we played in the rain in that kit.
  • Options
    Erith 1965-72. I can't be the only one left, surely? There was quite a band of Charlton supporters in my year. Keith Peacock was an alumnus from before our time, and I remember dear old Mr Williams showing us a home movie of him playing for the school.
  • Options
    H

Shooters hill grammer = Eaglesfield?
  • Options
    St Mary's 65
    Woodhill 65 - 71
    Woolwich Poly 71- 78

Woodhill the only primary school I have ever known with an indoor swimming pool??