Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Da Vinci Painting Obliterates Auction Record, Sells for $450.3 Million.

Comments

• Options
    Cannot wait to see it at Christmas
  • Options
    Got blown out at $1,175. Missus said we need to keep some money back for Christmas. Shame as it would have looked good in my study.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Got blown out at $1,175. Missus said we need to keep some money back for Christmas. Shame as it would have looked good in my study.

In 1958 it was bought for £45. No kidding. Heck, it was bought for just $10,000 in 2005!
  • Options
    Looks like Two Sheds is diversifying his investment portfolio.
  • Options
    Bad news that our potential owner spent his 400m on this painting but can't blame him after being messed around by Meire.
  • Options
    Are the ex owners Charlton fans?

Just asking.....
  • Options
    Christies will get around 25% from the new owner and around 10%-15% from the vendor. Not a bad days work.
  • Options

Christies will get around 25% from the new owner and around 10%-15% from the vendor. Not a bad days work.

Is the buyer's fee on top of bid or included in it?
  • Options

A few hours work whereas the bloke who painted it won't get a penny!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You know someone has some serious money if they can spend 450m on a painting where it’s disputed whether if it’s even a genuine piece.
  • Options

Do they have an off shore account?
  • Options

You know someone has some serious money if they can spend 450m on a painting where it’s disputed whether if it’s even a genuine piece.

Wonder if they have a love for the colour red / South East London and Football
  • Options
    Anonymous buyer?

Maybe an investment company effectively selling it to themselves to create a fake market and push up prices of other paintings.

Or is the world art market better regulated than that?
  • Options

Should have listed it with Purple Bricks.
  • Options

Anonymous buyer?

Maybe an investment company effectively selling it to themselves to create a fake market and push up prices of other paintings.

Must admit I thought that as well. Amazing how it jumped from $302m to $400m with one bid.

Either that or it was Daisy doing the bidding for Duchatalet and just got it wrong.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Addickted said:

Anonymous buyer?

Must admit I thought that as well. Amazing how it jumped from $302m to $400m with one bid.

Either that or it was Daisy doing the bidding for Duchatalet and just got it wrong.
    Daisy was told to get Di Canio in at any price and see delivered but people still moan.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Anonymous buyer?

Daisy was told to Di Canio in at any price and see delivered but people still moan.
    Henry, that post needs a touch of editing mate!
  • Options

He is dead.
  • Options

Is the buyer's fee on top of bid or included in it?
    usually on top, but there must be some kind of deal when ur talking these kinds of numbers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Addickted said:

Anonymous buyer?

Daisy was told to Di Canio in at any price and see delivered but people still moan.
    Anyone care to translate?
  • Options
    I think the buyers premium worked out at 50 million on top.
  • Options
    Art is expensive isn't it?

A mate got drunk on free champagne at a gallery and bought a picture. (That's why the champagne is free, Chris, if you're looking in!). It's supposed to be a Paris street scene with, yep you've guessed, a bistro to the fore. Chris' wife was not impressed when I said I thought it looked like the Cafe Rouge in Chelmsford High Street.

Anyway, it turned out to be too big to fit on any of the walls in their regular 3-bed semi. So they had to have an extension built just to accommodate the art. By way of additional punishment for making an unauthorised purchase, Chris is now having to shell out on a full fat kitchen refurb as well.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

He is dead.
    Not a good day for him then. R.I.P.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    That’s obscene and offensive, tells you exactly what’s wrong with our society!
  • Options

That’s obscene and offensive, tells you exactly what’s wrong with our society!

This is where i'm at Sillav, if someone has close to half a billion to spend on a picture then the spread of wealth is obscene.
  • Options

Solidgone said:

He is dead.
    Not a good day for him then. R.I.P.
    He was the greatest turtle of them all RIP.